Anyone traveled to Japan? Plans to? (1 Viewer)

still ill

Anyone traveled to Japan? Plans too?

Hey

Just wondering who's been to Japan?
what did you do/ what did you like/what did you find wierd?

I went two years ago and loved every minute. everything seemed a little wierd, for breakfast they gave me hotdogs with salmon on top :eek:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
lol, their food ideas are indeed a little different.

In our short stay... we went to school in japan, went to many clichd places, and yeah, had lots of fun. I've been to Japan before (and I'm quite asian) so I didn't find much that's weird. 'Uiina's are funny though.

They seems to have the cool arcades on the consoles though (unlike here), and so many good games. :p

still ill

those arcades are so cool
yeah i went to alot of the popular touristy places too
i loved tokyo! man it was great staying there

where in japan did you go tonberry-kun?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Kyoto Station. 10th Floor. When we had nothing to do at night in Kyoto, guess where we all went.

We went to the tourist attractions such as Kinkakuji, Ryouanji and Kiyomizu etc. Also to school for a week, which ruled. I got to do some kendo while over there, against an American. I made friends over there and we still keep in touch. One of them came to visit this year. So yeah, I liked my trip to Japan.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
i wanna find some guy in a giant pikachu suit and kick him in the nads

still ill

Originally posted by poloktim
Kyoto Station. 10th Floor. When we had nothing to do at night in Kyoto, guess where we all went
haha i spent alot of time there too, we were staying at a ryokan just down the road from Kyoto station and we'd stop there whenever we went for lunch or dinner

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I was in the Shin Miyako hotel, big pink building across the road from Kyoto station. We had dinner in the station restaurants every night :) That's also where I first met Japanese "loaves" of bread - in four, five and six slices.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, if you're female:

sJ`[NÁIN̋ʂɃp`́B
"Hello Mr Pikachu! I want to punch you in the nads."

sJ`[NÁIN̋ʂɃLbŃB
"Hello Mr Pikachu! I want to kick you in the nads."

ʣ ("golden balls") is the Japanese word for testicles.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hmm, i went to ijuin in kagoshima for 11months last year. bit of a hole really but it was great

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I was also in the New Miyako.
I loved Kyoto. It's second to Okazaki as my favourite city in Japan.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I still prefer Tokyo, because it's not full of temples, shrines, and the elderly. Kyoto is far less beautiful than I'd expected, it's really just a more spacious Tokyo with kimono. Still, I have no complaints about Japan (aside from the expense of course) and I hope to go back on exchange at Uni.

mystytyger

tokyo was a lot of fun when i went there for a couple of weeks two years ago. i liked disneyland simply because we ran around by ourselves till about 1am doing whatever we wanted ^_^
then staying at the New Miyako was cool too, because we got our own hotel rooms, had parties in them and just hung around with all our friends doing various things. we wasted all our money on food from Mr Donut and McDonalds mainly, but the convenience stores in Kyoto station were popular too. i fell in love with C.C. Lemon drink and instant ramen...
ah, those were the days :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah! And Qoo, remember qoo?

They're so good with soda in Japan, you're not even tempted to touch the vending machine beer.

mystytyger

yes! i love orange Qoo! :D
everything was so cool over there... lol, despite the fact that there was beer in the vending machines that populated every street corner, we always got soft drinks ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)