Anyone traveled to Japan? Plans to? (1 Viewer)

kt san

um....okay then
i guess i'll stick with my interview for starbucks then...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Where is this starbucks? Go for a duty free place as soon as you start uni, because uni students are much more desireable than people who have just come out of high school. Especially if they've got several years of Japanese under their belt. ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You'd have to ask them, I've not worked at one.

Pay scales in non-chain stores (ie not Coles etc) differ from store to store, industry to industry, employer to employer et cetera. They also change based on your age, position and experience/qualifications. If you're a smooth talker you just might be able to squeeze a few bucks extra for being bilingual (specifically looking at native level fluency in Japanese or Chinese). Don't ask me much more though, because I'll have to admit ignorance. ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's right. It's also one of the first complex kanji I learned (for some reason in year eight I decided I had to know the kanji for "baka").

blitzacer

HSC
ugh, my last year to go to japan before my HSC and my fucking principal cancels the trip. hate.

on a side note, i went to japan anyway last christmas. it rocked bathing in hot springs and looking at mt.fuji in the morning ;(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Moxham's a dolt. But don't worry, you'll have plenty of oppurtunity to go during uni (and I hear it's way cooler).

jesshika

supreme being
hehe i went to NAgoya last september as an exchange student for only 2 weeks ~~ soo shorrttttt
it was soo koool !! but i wasn't used to seeing everyone the same nationality because here it is so multi cultured.. ~~

nihon ni iru toki .. i would alwayss come home lateeee from singing karaoke and going to shopping 'taking purikura' but sometimes they don't let school studnets in there cuz its too late.. it was totemo tanoshikatta ~~
i had to ride the train by myself at times which was a great opportunity to improve my jap >.<"

HSC
Kyoto Station. 10th Floor. When we had nothing to do at night in Kyoto, guess where we all went.
We so went there for tea and it was mad fun. The big daikaidan was awesome.
We went to Tokyo, Nagoya, Hakone, Hiroshima, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka, Miyajima. I LUV JAPAN! In my 4th year of uni, provided I can maintain a credit avg, i get to go study there for a year... now i just gotta get into uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)