• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone willing to share what they did for SciEx major work? (2 Viewers)

jxndee

HSC
I'm contemplating whether or not I should do science ext. I feel like I might enjoy it, and it doesn't seem too bad. However, I heard that people spend a crap ton of time on their major work, and I already have to do two (so if I do SciEx, I'll have 3 major works). I also have no idea what I would even do my major work on, so I'm wondering if I could hear of some examples + past assignments for inspo and an idea on if I should even take the subject. Thanks :)

also, idk if this matters but I currently do bio as my science subject.

annmz

HSC
I really loved doing science ext, its not very content heavy and if you do investigating science some of the content overlaps - you can really research anything since anything can be science related if you make it out to be that way - just note that the subject is only one unit and the major is worth 50% which is only 25% in a 2 unit subject. i researched the developmental effects of postnatal depression on infants and it was so so interesting, helped me decide what I wanted to study at uni and helped me get into some of the early entry courses (i think). I wouldnt say i devoted all my time to the major but i did work on it bit by bit over the year which helped me get it done with a little less stress. i think it is a requirement to do at least one science subject before choosing science extension and doing bio can def steer you into what you might want to research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)