Anyone with a >80% chance of 99.95? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
LOL, thanks for the votes of confidence guys. I wish I was nearly as confident as you guys haha. But tbh guys I don't think you should be saying people X, Y and Z are defs gonna get 99.95 atar - because (although sometimes it's easy to predict with 100% certainty who will 99+ or even 99.5+) when you get to atars that are 99.8 and above, so many factors come into mix and the difference between .9 and .95 can be split hairs. no kidding. so I reckon there is and always be a lot of uncertainty surrounding predictions of who will get 99.95 - and this is due to so many factors, which have been discussed on other threads.

haha thanks emilios for that. although just to clarify, I am pretty sure I'm looking at no more than 98 for 4U (and 98 is only if I get lucky with marking some of my dodgy proofs) and 100 for 3U is defs yet to be something to be confident about (a bit uncertain about a few things and ofc you never know how marking will end up). So those last two dot points are nowhere near certain haha :D

also, emilios, you're actually wrong with the bolded part. say one obtains 100% in 3U and 98% in 4U, as you have courageously predicted haha, and also 97% in Economics (Accelerated), take a look at this from matrix calculator:

see, even with comfortable band 6's (92) in both English and Phys, and the marks you 'predict' on the side, you're still on track for .85

If one really wants to strike .95, you have to be hitting mid band 6s in pretty much all subjects, with a few high band 6s to give some oomph.

so there's a lot of unknowns guys. so be careful about any predictions you make. I've seen in the past some folk very very pleasantly surprised by the hsc marks and atar they received, whereas I've seen some who were bitterly disappointed by what they ended up with (often due to high expectations).
We believe in you bro :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
mreditor I think you'll be very close to .95. You'll probably be pulling >94 in English. (.95 is attainable with a 94 in english and 92 in physics)

mreditor16

HSC
Report in! What subjects do you do, how have you gone in exams, what are you expecting for an aggregate out of 500, etc.
btw OP, out of curiousity, what do you reckon your chances of getting 99.95? The impression I'm getting is you think you're a solid chance and want to put yourself on pedestal before all of us. GLHF if you don't end up getting 99.95, you have set yourself up for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)