Anyone writing their own novel? (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'm just over 30 pages in and I haven't done much at all except for the groceries and not go to work

mayhemily

HSC
I want to write a novel, but I don't have enough to put into it yet. I write random bits and pieces in journals, been doing that for about three years. One of these days I plan on putting it all together, but knowing how long it took me to construct my MW for english it'll probably talk me 10 years

lala2

Banned
HSC
i'd like to write a novel one day...like most people would n this thread...but yaeh, i'm sort of on the short story side of things...does anyone here do 4U English? (I don't), and is doing a novella or something of the like for their MW?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
lala2 said:
i'd like to write a novel one day...like most people would n this thread...but yaeh, i'm sort of on the short story side of things...does anyone here do 4U English? (I don't), and is doing a novella or something of the like for their MW?
MW? What's that stand for?

mayhemily

HSC
yes, major work. cough. I wrote a short story, so a novel would be an interesting thing to attempt because im used to doing everything ...short.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i rememebr starting to write my own novel..
and wanting to get it published in year 3
it was called "out of the blue"
and is so lame...but thats because i was 8 yrs old
i still have a few chapters. somewhere in my room
..lol...it was a love story..omg how lame was i...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I have a few ideas for novels I would love to write.... mostly stuff based on life experiences of my own or other peoples..... it's just a matter of finding the time.

And how do you start a novel? That's something that I find difficult to comprehend!!!! I wouldn't know where to start!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
And how do you start a novel? That's something that I find difficult to comprehend!!!! I wouldn't know where to start!
I have exactly the same problem. It never turns out the way i want it to.

S

Shuter

braindrainedAsh said:
I have a few ideas for novels I would love to write.... mostly stuff based on life experiences of my own or other peoples.....
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. A semi-autobiographical book of school experiances/my recent years of life. I've started writing it, but word keeps crashing on me, maybe it's a sign :p Other people always say they like to read my stuff when I've just done bodgy short stories or reports or whatever because I always throw humour into them, so I figure I may as well give a novel a shot. Quite amazing for me seeing as I have always had a major dislike of English, specifically creative writing.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, i wrote a semi-autobiographical novella....i dun think it's crash not, but i'm proud of being able to write 40-odd pages.

i think i relied to heavily on emotion and not enough on actual writing skill. i havent really shown it 2 anybody

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Shuter said:
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. A semi-autobiographical book of school experiances/my recent years of life. I've started writing it, but word keeps crashing on me, maybe it's a sign :p Other people always say they like to read my stuff when I've just done bodgy short stories or reports or whatever because I always throw humour into them, so I figure I may as well give a novel a shot. Quite amazing for me seeing as I have always had a major dislike of English, specifically creative writing.
That was sort of the same thing as with what happened with me. I'd always be posting just short pieces of cheap entertainment writing on my online journal (the journal is only used for that purpose really) and then someone suggested actually making an attempt at a larger more involved piece of writing.

And now I'm 12,000 words into a novel I'm writing which is just the same stuff, but with a (admittantly vague) plot.

HSC
i got a synopsis of one, like a mix of starship troopers and starcraft

anyway i got no idea how too expand it into several hundred pages

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I wanna write a novel about life with my mum....It's quite litteraly full of ups and downs:
From the time I realised she was a prescription drug addict, to the time when she almost dumped me on the side of a road at 10 years old for not swimming in the pool.

I just don't know how to write it....

S

Shuter

Well after buying a laptop for some reason it inspired me (or made it more conveinient) to write a bit of my story.

Here's like the first page, written at 3:30am on a Sunday morning :p I'm hoping I don't wake up tommorow morning to read over it and realise it was trash.
Anyhow, enjoy, or possibly give creative opinions:
School Daze said:
Right from the beginning, I felt that things were going to be different this year. The hot sun glistened off the tin panel roof, making them shine so bright that they appeared brand new. I knew this obviously wasn’t the case however and I was merely blinded to the rust which lay beneath, but still it was a welcome site regardless. As I meandered through the gates for this first day of year 11, I could see that others in my year felt the change too. Gone were the perpetual frowns which graced the faces of everyone at the end of last year. Instead they were replaced by grins from ear to ear of eager expectation, expectation of what these final two years of school would behold. I of course knew that these smiles would fade as soon as any actual work was required to be done, but they were a comforting first impression none the less.

I slowly wandered down into the court yard for the obligatory first day year meeting. No doubt it would the usual “work, work, work… believe in yourself… try your best in everything” speech that we had been given the last 4 years already. I don’t know why they expected it would have any effect this year, when it clearly hasn’t worked in any of the previous ones. Upon realizing this I immediately searched for some interesting people to sit next to, to at least help pass the time during this mandatory snooze session. However, this proved to be a more difficult task than I anticipated.

For you see not only was I in the transition from year 10 to 11, but you could also say I was in a transition of friends too. No, I wasn’t a loner, but rather had become tired in the same old routine with my traditional friends. I scanned around trying to find somewhere when I received a tap on my shoulder. “Hey, Slider good to see you” It was Anthony Foster, welcoming me back after the holidays. He was not someone I had previously “hung around” with, but a pleasant and popular fellow anyhow and he seemed like as welcome a change as any from my old group that I used to “hang” with.

“Year 11, year 11….YEAR 11!… Please be seated” came over the PA system. Anthony and I thus ended up sitting down to listen to the speech, however I use the word “listen” very loosely. A more accurate description would have been that we made sarcastic remarks about the speech in between us exchanging stories about what we got up to in the holidays.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
damn it, keep writing!! I'm all curious what's going to happen now....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)