• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ap2 yearlys! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcx

HSC
hey, i suppose every1 is havin their yearlys now right.
so wonderin if people have any good notes for english, amth, legals, economics,ipt and food tech??

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Cherrybrook tech'er, I could tell it was you. Rmember that no other school uses the term AP2!

I AM WIN

HSC
I was invited to some nerdy thing held at Cherrybrook Tech in year 5. It was like this day for 'gifted and talented' students to socialize with other 'gifted and talented' students from other schools. very selective and el33t apparently. and the other 2 kids from my school were invited to the science workshop but my school was like "We want you to go to the performing arts workshop!" cause i was like this little drama/dance whiz or something?

but since everyone else I knew was going to be in the science rooms they were like "lololol you're not actually all that smart otherwise you'd be going to the science things like we are" and I started feeling really silly and inferior so I faked sick and didn't go :(

kids can be so cruel.

callumf

Banned
HSC
shit story jachie. mine is way better.

in year 4 i took this test and got placed in this "OC" class for gifted and talented kids for year 5/6. I spent the entirety of year 5 and 6 doing shit all and exploring my "gift"

what a joke.

I AM WIN

HSC
yeah my story was sadder k.

one day I'm gonna turn it into some kind of indie film. people will appreciate how my artistic inclinations were not appreciated when I was little, and the effect such abuse has had on me today as I venture into youngadulthood.

lcx

HSC
lol this went very random! n yes i'm a techer lol

ccc123

HSC
Hello fellow techer. For those of you who don't understand the term 'AP2', i believe it stands for 'Assessment period 2'. And yes, we are the only school who felt obliged to to give exam periods fancy acronyms.

Now, fellow techer:

*You really do not need notes for Eng. Just revise your close study, the archetype and comparitive study.
*For legal studies, KNOW EVERYTHING. Oh, and my legal techer told us the mc are 'tricky'. Dam.
*Maths, don't ask.
And I don't do eco or it.

So yeah. Good luck!

...Yay Eng exam Tuesday! Hoe exciting.

cookie.

HSC
ok so english was 2day and it sucked. I DONT CARE ABOUT KEATS (im glad he is dead so he can never write any more poems to study) OR IAGO AS A VILLAIN (im glad he was never real) OR UTOPIA (get real... who wants to live in a communist society) OR V FOR VENDETTA (a good movie yes, but not when u have 2 pull it apart and compare it 2 utopia). I DONT CARE! and im so glad it is over.....

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Fuck you, Iago and V are heroes. :shy:

ccc123

HSC
cookie. said:
ok so english was 2day and it sucked. I DONT CARE ABOUT KEATS (im glad he is dead so he can never write any more poems to study) OR IAGO AS A VILLAIN (im glad he was never real) OR UTOPIA (get real... who wants to live in a communist society) OR V FOR VENDETTA (a good movie yes, but not when u have 2 pull it apart and compare it 2 utopia). I DONT CARE! and im so glad it is over.....
Cookie, cookie.

I know who you are.

So bitter.
So resentful.
So pessimistic.

English wasn't that bad. I agree that the Q on Keats was just stupid, but other than that it was okay.

And incidentally, just because someone wrote a substantial amount, it doesn't necessarily mean they did well.

Why do people ask "How much did you write?" as though its tantamount to "How did you do?".

Its quality, not quantity. 3-4 pages on topic is always preferable to a badly organised ramble over 5 or 6 pages.

And V For Vendetta is a very good text to study and compare to Utopia.

And Communism is a good ideology, its just not tangible, because of man's ingrained selfishness. It's not as though Communism was meant to be oppressive, it only becomes that way when authorities do not pursue its founding principles. Communism in itself is not the culprit- but mankind's inability to uphold it. See Communism Vs. Capitalism thread.

cookie.

HSC
Fuck you, Iago and V are heroes. :shy:

i dont doubt that... i just hate writing essays about them. V for Vendetta is a very good movie... one of my faves and i admire V (although a fictional character) for what he achieved in life... i also think that it was a very messed up society that he lived in but any who...

I am a great fan of shakespeare... i love most of his plays and he changed drama and the english language for the better... however, as stated above, i dont really want to write essays about it. it is not going to change my life in any way so why waste my time?

ccc123

HSC
cookie. said:
i dont doubt that... i just hate writing essays about them. V for Vendetta is a very good movie... one of my faves and i admire V (although a fictional character) for what he achieved in life... i also think that it was a very messed up society that he lived in but any who...
Yes, but the messed up society is the point. You strive for a utopia, you achieve a dystopia. Unfortunately, this messed-up society of intrusive surveillance and reactionary governments is rather prescient considering the current political climate.

cookie. said:
I am a great fan of shakespeare... i love most of his plays and he changed drama and the english language for the better... however, as stated above, i dont really want to write essays about it. it is not going to change my life in any way so why waste my time?
I see your point, but irrespective of whether it is a life-altering experience, essay writing skills are nevertheless vital for the HSC, and skills that these AP2's give us a chance to cultivate.

While one may argue it's "a waste of time"analysing texts is inherent in the English syllabus, and believe it or not, exercising analytical skills does foster effective thinking etc.

lcx

HSC
ccc123 said:
Yes, but the messed up society is the point. You strive for a utopia, you achieve a dystopia. Unfortunately, this messed-up society of intrusive surveillance and reactionary governments is rather prescient considering the current political climate.

I see your point, but irrespective of whether it is a life-altering experience, essay writing skills are nevertheless vital for the HSC, and skills that these AP2's give us a chance to cultivate.

While one may argue it's "a waste of time"analysing texts is inherent in the English syllabus, and believe it or not, exercising analytical skills does foster effective thinking etc.
lol yes, but at least u didn hav "strange objects' as ur txt, i mean wat the hell, it wasn even well a classic english text thing. anyway yes i agree that tis quality not length, but see i wrote lik 2.5-3pgs each which means well mine was very very short! lol. but yeh we had quite a short period of time.

as for maths this ap2's werent as bad as the ap1's, ther was lik trig overload int he ap1's. at least this one was heaps easier! how did u guys find maths??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)