Apology to SDD students.. (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Good teachers are either at Uni or TAFE = better pay. Or they are working in industry...

Im hoping to study BIT or BSCIT @ UTS then do a Dip Ed

Then teach Software/IT/IPT/DT

I'll try my hardest to be a good teacher.... lol. This is my oath and promise

SamD

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately there is a real lack of trained SDD teachers. It's really difficult for most schools to fill positions. Hence, often teachers who are trained in other subjects take these classes out of the goodness of their hearts, nice ahhh!!!

Many highly skilled computer teachers leave teaching to take up higher paid positions in industry or, like me, start their own software business.

How many of you guys are thinking, "yeah I'll go to uni and become an SDD teacher"?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by SamD
How many of you guys are thinking, "yeah I'll go to uni and become an SDD teacher"?
Yeah thats me... I want to help kids out and do something for other people. I couldnt stand a 9-5 job living aimlessly (e.g like those stereotypical lawyers)

I might get some industry experience for 5 years then go to teaching... money is not important for me i guess

[_mastak8r**]

Holy shit....

I cant believe how many people are in the same boat as me, i honestly didnt think that incomptenace reigned as much as i thought it did throughout the public education system..

I actually have the same teacher for Software and IT, i have had her since the start of year 11 and she has been the same for both subjects...i was ready to hammer the HSC when i chose my subjects for year 11, until i got her and it was all over..

I wont even tell you how she marks the Software exams, but i have to say, those of you who do IT would know that it is easy shit, and i got 70% in the trial, bought paper, marked by her, and she actually didnt know some of the answers so i lost about 25%, which would have pushed me near to perfect, but she wouldnt admit she was wrong and refused to remark..even though i showed her the evidence from alot of sources for each question..

You sort of get used to that kind of shit after 2 years of it..:mad1:

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SamD

Many highly skilled computer teachers leave teaching to take up higher paid positions in industry or, like me, start their own software business.
Do you mean writing SDD textbooks or an actual s/w developing business?

ll try my hardest to be a good teacher.... lol. This is my oath and promise
Its too late for that now. :p

Inca

I agree, my software teacher just made things confusing, but when you'd ask him about it, he was patronising, so... you didnt wanna ask him. Great teacher.
I'm glad i'm not alone though :)

SamD

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -X-
Do you mean writing SDD textbooks or an actual s/w developing business?
I left teaching to start a business writing software applications for schools. The textbook writing sort of just happened, I was approached by a publisher who offered me a pathetic deal as far as royalties are concerned. So we thought, why not publish texts ourselves, so we did!

At present I spend about 50% of my time writing software and 50% on textbook writing.

parry

i have the same problem with our teacher. He's a mathematics teacher but the school uses him for all the network problems and stuff so hes become our teacher. He reads straight from the book we have even though he has some other one and only listens to one person in the class who always argues everything thats said even when he agrees.
So in conclusion im screwed for this.

P.s Ill wager theres gonna be a 5 or 6 mark question on an algorithm

Inca

I dont know how to do ANY algorithms. I am so hoping that it wont be like the trials, there were algorithms everywhere in that thing.

PRAY PRAY that algorithms arent a main part!!!

My teacher is a maths teacher aswell, he is a software teacher, but not a good one

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
u guys atleast have maths teachers, my teacher is a social science teacher, and even in that field she is crap, and everyone full on complains...but our principal did nothing abt. it and he insisted that she is "qualified"...he just wouldn't take our word that she is a ^%#$(*.

the bad thing in my skool, is that there is this very smart teacher who knows programming, he designed the skools website and he is creating this program that "marks essays"....yeah, and the principal would not let him teach it coz, he is not "qualified"...it just pisses me off...

so thats why i'm in the same boat as u. :D

as well as the other kids, who just do it bcoz, they get to bludge and surf the net...so yeah, thats why u find sdd scales shit i guess. :p

xGSiR

Woah hearing all your SDD teachers sucks, i think mine is fine, he seems to know his stuff and we were in track with chapters and such, though the class was lazy thats all :/ Quite a strict SDD teacher with using the net sometimes and other times just cool.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
the bad thing in my skool, is that there is this very smart teacher who knows programming, he designed the skools website and he is creating this program that "marks essays"....yeah, and the principal would not let him teach it coz, he is not "qualified"...it just pisses me off...
Knowing programming is not the same as being a good SDD teacher.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Skywalker
Knowing programming is not the same as being a good SDD teacher.
yeah, I reckon the same. My teacher made all these new reports system and he knows his programming, its just that theory wise I don't think he knows that much or the information in depth. I think it'll take a couple of years for the teachers to adjust to the new course.

Good luck everyone for the exams.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
My teacher only taught us the multiple choice from SamD textbook.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by vanity
*cries* i'm dooooooooooooooomed
You're not vanity, don't worry, in every event just write down what you think the answer is, much of things designed in life is designed with logical sense in it, try doing some last minute cramming tonight, alot of people will be on tonight to ask last minute quesys as well as tommorow morning, so ask away and maybe you might pick up a few here and there, and most of all good luck!

vanity

HSC
aww thanks.. but still. it feels like some sort of "long term" damage has been done. i mean - FOUR teachers.. all of which were hopeless and smelly...

jason7218972

Originally posted by chris42
You can get those SDD in a month books, I think excel make them.

I'm also waiting for the 'revise SDD in a week' :p
SDD is one of the subjects that dont have one :( so it looks like its the old fashioned way for u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)