Apple Store to open on June 19!!! (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Apple Store to open on June 19!!! (UPDATED PICTURES)

Grand Opening: Thursday 19th June 2008 5pm to 9pm
Address: 367 George St Sydney NSW 2000
It is a wide but shallow retail mecca totaling some 15,000 square feet -- about 5,000 square feet per floor. A trademark glass staircase appears to run lengthwise across the right rear.

Of the three floors, the first two will be dedicated to sales of Macs, iPods and other consumer electronics. Meanwhile, the top floor will be reserved specifically for customer service and include a sprawling genius bar made of wood.
I dont no much more except for the fact there are heaps of jobs available on the website. Here is a link to the Apple Sydney Store: http://www.apple.com/au/retail/sydney/

Here are some pics:

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i've passed it every day since its opening

its beautiful

ever so beautiful

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
3 floors? wtf?

They are only selling iPods, iPhones, Macbooks and the desktops. Don't see why you'd need 3 floors just to sell that.

HSC
Looks sweet, not a big mac fan but i might check out the grand opening regardless

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
if you saw the actual building, you'll see that the 3 floors are purely for aesthetics.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
wait, guys im pretty sure its open now?

It was open last week?

HSC
it could be, the grand opening isnt necessarily the official commencement of business

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
well I need to pass it to get to uni, and I'm pretty sure I've seen people wandering around in it, and the building's now finished and fully lit.

Perhaps they're being like restaurants, and only having their "formal grand opening" after having been already open and servicing for some time.

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
well I need to pass it to get to uni, and I'm pretty sure I've seen people wandering around in it, and the building's now finished and fully lit.

Perhaps they're being like restaurants, and only having their "formal grand opening" after having been already open and servicing for some time.
yeah i saw people in it this arvo...but not as many as i would expect to see it so i don't think it's open to the general public yet

ps: hi stef!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
jake2.0 said:
3 floors? wtf?

They are only selling iPods, iPhones, Macbooks and the desktops. Don't see why you'd need 3 floors just to sell that.
Their products include:
Mac (personal computer series), Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, iPod, QuickTime, iTunes, Safari, iLife, iWork, Apple Remote Desktop, Xsan, Final Cut Studio, Aperture, Logic Studio, Cinema Display, AirPort, Apple Mighty Mouse, Xserve, iPhone, Apple TV, and the iPhone

Last edited:

phinal

ohai.
HSC
Re: Apple Store to open on June 19!!! (UPDATED PICTURES)

im definitely gonna be there!

phinal

ohai.
HSC
anybody notice that the new telstra shop (T life) is directly opposite it???

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Frankly, I do not give a toss.

Wow, apply decided to open a store big woop.
Yes, but you see if I fill my empty life up with expensive electronics, I may be able to achieve a mediocre amount of happiness derived from my show of status from owning said electronics which otherwise would not exist because I am an empty person.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
fuck. it took me an hour and a bit to get home today via bus because all you pedestrians overloaded the fucking city today because of the opening

boy was it fucking packed. they had bouncers and a queue and everything.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol yea it was way packed, I hope I can make it to one of those workshops on the weekend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)