Applied Finance and Economics at MQU (1 Viewer)

Shenanigan

HSC
Hi :) I'm starting my Applied Finance and Economics degree at the end of February and was wondering which topics of maths will be needed. I've only done general mathematics and is ready to self learn new content. I've got a variety of 2u prelim/hsc textbooks. Happy new year to all!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi :) I'm starting my Applied Finance and Economics degree at the end of February and was wondering which topics of maths will be needed. I've only done general mathematics and is ready to self learn new content. I've got a variety of 2u prelim/hsc textbooks. Happy new year to all!
The website says assumed knowledge HSC mathematics so I suggest you learn that yourself or take a bridging course.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I suggest you also do ECON131(planet unit) in session 1 to help get you up to mathematical speed

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I'm in the exact same position, I started doing calculus on khan academy and am learning the new stuff at a decent pace.

Shenanigan

HSC
Oh and um do I need to cover everything in 2u? Because I see stuff like congruent triangles etc. I just don't want to waste time studying for something I do not need :D

Confound

HSC
You guys should have chosen applied finance & professional accounting. Eco is a bad move

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
You guys should have chosen applied finance & professional accounting. Eco is a bad move
how so?
Before you said this I actually had considered changing my degree to finance/accounting

Last edited:

sida1049

HSC
Calculus. Cover calculus. Differential calculus comes up in first year economics, and integral calculus is simply just useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)