Arbeit macht frei? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I would. There's also plenty of people that money present no boundaires towards, who still put in the long hours and derive just as much satisfaction from what they do as you would from not working.
I think this is only because those people are indoctrinated to accept this through the brutality of our schooling systems and the abuse of modern parenting. If they hadn't been conditioned by this cruel environment, would they be happy to accept such unnatural conditions?

The system is set up to do everything it can to break people's real spirit and turn them into obedient workers.

Regardless, if you are lucky enough to find work you enjoy, you must admit you are in the minority of the western workforce, and as part of the global workforce, people who have found work they would do for free would be <1% of the population. The idea that there is a perfect, enjoyable job for everyone is the worst of lies.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I think this is only because those people are indoctrinated to accept this through the brutality of our schooling systems and the abuse of modern parenting. If they hadn't been conditioned by this cruel environment, would they be happy to accept such unnatural conditions?
I believe it has more to do with these people seeing purpose in achieving. I can't realistically see how it would stem from the schooling system or modern parenting though? We could find leads from a thousand different areas, however some people do ultimately find purpose in what they do and derive just as much satisfaction from working as they would if they weren't working. Much like the cases of retiree's returning to work after a few months because they get bored. Could you explain further why you're proposing this? Why is this scenario seen as unnatural?

The system is set up to do everything it can to break people's real spirit and turn them into obedient workers.
The 'system' will always be there though, even in utopia where all humans needs and wants were catered for adequately. There would still be the person that would mow his patch of lawn because even though he doesn't need to, he derives his own sense of satisfaction from it.

People need something to do with their time, and for some, this is in fields that they can create business from. For some, it's the satisfaction gained from building a business successfully (all considerations of monetary factors aside), especially given that it's not easy to make a business a success in certain environments.

Regardless, if you are lucky enough to find work you enjoy, you must admit you are in the minority of the western workforce, and as part of the global workforce, people who have found work they would do for free would be <1% of the population. The idea that there is a perfect, enjoyable job for everyone is the worst of lies.
I do believe there is the perfect, most enjoyable job for each individual human being. When you're young though, it's a lot harder to understand what this job could be (ie. what you could do that would provide you with ultimate satisfaction).

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a chance of everyone finding their perfect job though, due to the environment they are in or other prohibiting factors. But I do think that each individual has a job out there that they would find to be perfect, especially considering jobs are a product of business, beit profit making ventures or non-profit organisations.

I don't think you understand what people see when they have a job that they could commit years to (at the extreme, without financial benefit).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)