ARC membership (1 Viewer)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
So I got a application form today, for ARC membership (basically a student union of UNSW). It costs around $149 a yeaer to be a member.

Is it actually worth it?
Will it pay itself off with discounts?
Am I disadvatnaged in any way if I dont join?

Please fell free to ask your own questions.

Thought Shark

HSC
drynxz said:
So I got a application form today, for ARC membership (basically a student union of UNSW). It costs around $149 a yeaer to be a member.
Wow, I'm sure most people in the UNSW forum don't know what ARC is. Thanks.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Unless if you're planning on heading UNSW's form of 7-11 convenience shops and buying your daily goods like toothpaste, water, or other drinks everyday...don't bother!

Back in 05/06 we had the Discount card, but it was ever only used to buy water. And like most of us bring water into uni anyway.

Here's an example of their discount back in 05:

Bottle of Mount Franklin water with discount: $1.90
Without Discount: $2

So....that's a 10 cents saving. Fancy that. And I'd doubt anyone would buy enough goods to repay that membership cost. :rolleyes:

Conspirocy

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Unless if you're planning on heading UNSW's form of 7-11 convenience shops and buying your daily goods like toothpaste, water, or other drinks everyday...don't bother!

Back in 05/06 we had the Discount card, but it was ever only used to buy water. And like most of us bring water into uni anyway.

Here's an example of their discount back in 05:

Bottle of Mount Franklin water with discount: $1.90
Without Discount: $2

So....that's a 10 cents saving. Fancy that. And I'd doubt anyone would buy enough goods to repay that membership cost. :rolleyes:
Lies it was 1.80 thats a 20 cent saving

Thought Shark

HSC
Happy hour savings. That'll save me hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. Perfectly reasonable reason to join.

Vylen

HSC
fluffylamington said:
how about we all join arc and try to bring it down from the inside?
members really cant do anything apart from not attend meetings

there's going to be an annual general meeting (AGM) regarding the change of constitution for Arc.... which they're attempting a second time after not enough people attended the first one...

and well, that's the worst you can do i suppose...

or everyone could not get affiliated with Arc (a somewhat impossible task) and then Arc would no longer have funding or a reason to exist (but some clubs will be in strife if they cant get what they need)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
If we bring it down, what ever IS left on campus is going to ripped apart anyway. By bringing it down, you're bringing yourself down really. They do more than give discounts, you know...

aja152

HSC
N/A
Thought Shark said:
Wow, I'm sure most people in the UNSW forum don't know what ARC is. Thanks.
actually i didnt know -_-;;
are the other clubs free? or do they have a joining fee aswell?

Vylen

HSC
some do, some dont.... completely up to them.. but as mentioned before, membership fees usually dont exceed $10

Lydia_88

HSC
i did this last year but didnt use the discounts..imo opinion it wasnt worth it :(

HSC
My Arc membership last year paid off (won ~$240 worth of comedy festival tickets) but even excepting prizes/giveaways I think 2010 Arc membership will be far more worthwhile than in previous years, apparently there will be better discounts etc even with the lowered cost of $69.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
My Arc membership last year paid off (won ~$240 worth of comedy festival tickets) but even excepting prizes/giveaways I think 2010 Arc membership will be far more worthwhile than in previous years, apparently there will be better discounts etc even with the lowered cost of $69.
So the new price is $69! Maybe I should get it this year then. At least it beats USYD's $99 annual fee for ACCESS benefits ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)