ARC @ unsw (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
you're a social retard

you will not even come close to being president
LOL.

@ OP: ARC is a complete waste of money. Spend that $69 on something better, instead of those useless ARC bags that people carry around, as well as the coupons that most students won't even use.

You can join other clubs and societies by either going to the open days, or using Google to search up the club.

Last edited:

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Waste of money. I never intend to join. Please don't be one of the people carrying around the ugly bag that they give you. Who decided fluro blue and black looked good -_-

HSC
It's very worthwhile to join Arc if you want to be involved with university life. The volunteering opportunities are wide-ranging and, in my experience, extremely rewarding. Tickets to many events are cheaper (NUTS performances, Roundhouse parties, revues, etc). Membership to clubs/societies is often cheaper, and Arc funnels money back into them through funding and grants. And from a purely economic viewpoint, even if most of the affiliate vouchers are useless to most people, there is a $30 Arc convenience store voucher and about $20 in Roundhouse drink vouchers. If you take advantage of those alone the initial $69 cost is more like $19.

It's entirely possible that none of what Arc offers interests you. If that's the case, of course it's a waste of money.

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol yeh $20 of drinks at pub prices, all it costs them to do 6 drinks is like $2 (maybe $3 ) because they buy in bulk and all that. Also, theres nothing good to spend the $20 "retail" voucher on, you cant spend it on bus tickets ( which is like the only think useful to uni students ) so its pretty much worthless

HSC
lol yeh $20 of drinks at pub prices, all it costs them to do 6 drinks is like $2 (maybe $3 ) because they buy in bulk and all that. Also, theres nothing good to spend the $20 "retail" voucher on, you cant spend it on bus tickets ( which is like the only think useful to uni students ) so its pretty much worthless
My bad, it's $20, not $30. It's obvious that it's not like getting handed cash, because you're forced to "spend" the value at Arc outlets, but it's still pretty good for snacks, stationary etc. Either way, I forgot to use all of my vouchers last year and still thought being an Arc member had been worthwhile; I only mentioned those to show that the vouchers aren't entirely useless.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
It's free now? Supposedly I don't see any fees on Arc's website.

Do we get a card also? Thanks! :)

--------------------------

EDIT: Oh so this is part of the SSAF fees? That being no charge?

Last edited:

hjed

HSC
It's free now? Supposedly I don't see any fees on Arc's website.

Do we get a card also? Thanks! :)

--------------------------

EDIT: Oh so this is part of the SSAF fees? That being no charge?
Yeah, the arc website says that it is free???

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
You should join anyway. Get a free sticker. Free stuff. Student diary.

You also get one of these which is an absolute must for all uni students, imo - the Arc Wall Planner Poster thingy:

Aw nice! Want one of those! Reckon they have this available now or they'll distribute it later in O-week?

I hear some people already got their 2014 diaries... so I'm assuming this comes with it?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Aw nice! Want one of those! Reckon they have this available now or they'll distribute it later in O-week?

I hear some people already got their 2014 diaries... so I'm assuming this comes with it?
Uhh well, I got the 2012 poster in the Arc membership pack, I didn't get one last year until I saw this like A2 piece of paper floating around and then I picked it up - looked at it - and asked the nearest Yellow Shirt where to get one...

You might have to ask at Arc, because I know 2014 diaries are being distributed now anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)