Architecture anyone? (1 Viewer)

fuzzy09

HSC
Yepp this is in the wrong area I know, but i dunno how to move it :S sorry

Is anyone planning to study architecture? if so what is your UAI aim?

layzeehbum

HSC
fuzzy09 said:
Yepp this is in the wrong area I know, but i dunno how to move it :S sorry

Is anyone planning to study architecture? if so what is your UAI aim?

the uai entry for 2009 is like around 91 at unsw
the course is like 3 years but most ppl do the extra 2 years of master to get the "architect" qualification.
im not 2 sure if im dat commited... 5 years seems a bit too long... mite as well do med
bsides ill be over the moon if i do get 91

spence

HSC
But you don't know what the cutoffs will be for 2009 until offers are released

-maddie-

HSC
I have wanted to do archatecture but recently I have changed me mind. I am looking to do vet science now.

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
UAI cut off will go up WITH OUT A DOUBT

im 0.15 under for UNSW...
i did what i could and its only a typical result in my life to get f#$%ed over again...

i want to do arch... where do u want to do it and what was ur UAI?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
-maddie- said:
I have wanted to do archatecture but recently I have changed me mind. I am looking to do vet science now.
How did that happen..? They're two very different fields.

overRun

HSC
nope not for me even though iam good at art just wouldn't be what i love, if i ended up doin it, i would feel down downnnnn.

RUSTYROX12321

HSC
i was going to try & get into uts fashion & textiles combined international, but have heard that TAFE is better so i'm pretty set on doing architecture now, probs at usyd.

i read that thread *omh; vent enough?*; i think lots of ppl have different experiences, i know my cousin does architecture at usyd, works her butt off & all that, but as a profession (as with any profession), it can't be expected not to have its own downsides & perks (no matter what size), so it really just depends on what you make of it

some of the cutoffs for this yr in architecture:
UNSW: 94.15
USyd: 94.00
UTS: 91.10

penny.sullivan

HSC
yeh i want to do architecture as well!

most unis you need to do atleast art or maths or physics i think to get in but so far the lowest UAI i have found is like 77 and the highest is 94.
so it all really depends how well you go and/or what uni you want to get into.

im aiming for like 80 at the moment.......

Penny :)

M.T.T.

HSC
lol, that Pierotte guy in that thread got so disappointed by the career. If you try and look, there's a thread similar to this one (about kids wanting to do architecture), Pierotte and some others were getting giddy and idealizing about their futures in architecture. When he got to Uni, he failed/got uninterested and became massively disappointed.

Oh, and yeah, I'm looking forward to doing Architecture at Uni.
I'm aiming for 90-95, but first, before becoming too adamant in doing architecture (like Pierotte), I really need to make sure that the career will work for me. Otherwise, I'll run the risk of ending up like Pierotte.

Best of luck to everyone though, for whatever career they're trying to get into.

fuzzy09

HSC
wow last years cut-off for architecture at UTS was 88 point something now its 91? are you sure? when were the UAI cutoffs published?

shell.q

HSC
i swear you guys and girls who are wishing to do architecture, good luk
i did tech drawing last yr and a tafe course on architecture, i have wanted to do it all my life literally i was a lil girl in k and i just wanted to design house, then i just said draw house of course......i had picked my subjects around it now im stuck......i changed a few at the beggining of last yr, but still have engineering studies, mind u though i love tht, i do think architecture has a huge price to pay and to sucede in this just like any job i guess u have to be good.

good luk if u want it tht bad i no u will get it, if u dont know, chances are u wont have a slight chance of sucedeing......it wont work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)