Are Bachelor of Arts Courses useful? (1 Viewer)

imagaylord

HSC
I had a crap atar and my options are bachelor of arts and social science, i wanna do computing as a major, i always hear bad things about arts, why is that and can i get a career out of it?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You can use an arts degree as a method of transferring into a preferred course.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
TBH, unless you want to go into the academic field for a certain Arts unit or taking some subjects as interest, Arts is quite useless to get a respectable job. Usually people combine it with another degree. Straight Arts will not get you far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
You might be able to qualify for a B. Science at some universities. If you have to do Arts, use your elective space for Computing subjects, then see about a transfer.

Tbh, Arts degrees aren't that bad. I'm doing one (although I've considered B. Social Science). It depends on your major, attitude, experience, interests, etc. Sure, your job prospects may not be as big as another degree, but going after $$$ may not be the wisest course of action for everyone. Also consider: what skills do you want to develop? Arts degrees aren't for everyone, just like how Science, Law, Commerce, Medicine isn't for everyone.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)