Are Dot Point Books Any Good? (1 Viewer)

ay_lfc

HSC
I heard my teacher saying about Dot Point books basically having a paragraph or so on every syllabus dot point.

So, just wondering are they any good, before I fork out some money to buy them?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Try to buy them second-hand from someone off BoS. I have one for HSC Biology if you're interested.. wrote my notes in pencil and the book is covered in contact.

To answer your question, yes they are good if you're going to use them (i.e. fill it out during homework/study time as you finish each syllabus dot point). I also used the sample answers at the back to help compose my own notes as some of the points they make are really good.

Psi

HSC
According to my teachers theyre good but don't cover the dot points in details. It's a great starting point but thats all.

Edit: I'm getting them anyway.

muzeikchun852

HSC
they are really good books. i have one for hsc chemistry. but if you are asking whether you should buy one for prelim, dont bother. save your money in hsc. you dont really need to understand every single dot point in sciences for prelim. you just need to understand the concept to prepare you for hsc.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I fuckin' hate them all.
Got a physics one for prelim... hated it
Got Bio and Chem for HSC and I hate them.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
the questions offered in dot point are good for revising and the answers can be used as a starting point to later expand in your notes. However some answers are actually wrong which I noticed for biology... and some of my friends have also noticed for physics...

the answers are sort of okay, they are more like a band 4 answer. If you are looking to get a band 5 or band 6 answer, you will need to add more detail into your response. Detail in terms of key words and not in terms of writing lots of stuff that is repeated over and over again.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Why not just download past papers and read the marking guide for responses?

shaune

HSC
personally i think they are the best books to study

book you will find typical examination questions and answers for each dot point in the NSW syllabus for each core topic and one option in the HSC Biology course:

• Maintaining a Balance
• Blueprint of Life
• The Search for Better Health
• Communication

my teachers use this book to photo work for us

im trying to get this book but its pretty expensive :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)