Are FACTS essential for the Health Priorities section in the HSC paper? (1 Viewer)

ech

HSC
Is it totally necessary to remember lots of facts about Health status and the chronic preventable diseases for the HSC final paper?

toby12

HSC
statistics can do nothing but help, and prob necessary for high range marks.. so i would say YES they are essential.

sannous1

HSC
in the syllabus it states

"
Teacher Note: Students do not need to know the latest statistics on the rates of illness and death. It is only important that they understand trends such as whether the prevalence of leading causes is on the increase, decrease or stable. "

not sure if it answers your question, but regardless of that, i'd say just have a brief idea so you can stand out amongst the crowd, though not totally necessary .

Stormey

HSC
Knowing trends would be better/the same as stats. In the syllabus (as posted above) it says students won't need to know stats. Therefore, knowing stats won't necessarily place you in the top bands.

11Lozenger27

HSC
Our PDH teacher told us to highlight that box that someone said above about just knowing the trends. But I reckon throwing in stats and epidemiological data here and there to support the trends you mention in responses I think would emphasise them to the marker.

It couldn't hurt, as long as there's not too much cause then they could drown out the actual content of your response. So yeah, I'd say they're alright but mainly just to back up your trends :)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
You need stats to substantiate your argument. By the time of the HSC, I could remember so many stats because I had used them quite often- and I mean the basic mortality rates etc.
Defz handy to know a few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)