Are male of female drivers worse? (1 Viewer)

What gender is worse at driving?

• Total voters

f1r3c4p3

HSC
Most of u people say girls are safer drivers.. I disagree, I was on a 80 km zone and this chick in a suzuki swift takes over my Tiburon. I was scared shitless because the ass of her car was literally 1m away from hitting my front bumper. I aren't Mr Nice Guy so I pulled up next to her, and fkn started swearing @ her.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
it doesn't necessarily have to be because of driver exp.

there's tonnes of gold platers who are/can be crap drivers, you can't really say it's based on experience, just because they're older doesn't mean they know everything and think they are always right.

and just because we are P platers doesn't mean we don't know how to drive. just coz we're young and freaking awesome LOL. i had to put that in.

it's pretty much like common sense really, if you see something slow down and try to avoid it without crashing into someone else or anything.

@skyline i've seen heaps of guys try to show off too. thats probably because guys 'think they know how to drive' and so they probably do something stupid without even realising
hey yo, im not an oldie lol, just coz i have my fulls doesn't mean im an oldie, i still have my youth lol, i just got my L's very early, yr 10 the most.

anyway, i agree, but i do see alot of women and men drive like stupid, ever notice the way they take off the car, most people are driving autos nowadays, and all i see them do is thrash the car at take off, most being women..sorry xD hehe, and it just bothers me, the way they take off, proves to me there stupidity in driving, mind you these aren't your hotted up cars, just normal cars getting thrashed, this leads to poor driving experience, and more fuel lol.

well the people i see showing off are provoked by the car i ride, they all wanna have a shot at me, but i never ever compete with people on the road, regardless the car.

but remember, drivers who are older have more driving experience and have encountered critical situations more then P drivers, so in general, full licensed drivers are more experienced in driving then P platers.

You will always have good P plater drivers who drive responsibly and crap P plate drivers who drive recklessly, needless to say the same applies to full licensed drivers, but P drivers are the epidemic in this case.

Most of u people say girls are safer drivers.. I disagree, I was on a 80 km zone and this chick in a suzuki swift takes over my Tiburon. I was scared shitless because the ass of her car was literally 1m away from hitting my front bumper. I aren't Mr Nice Guy so I pulled up next to her, and fkn started swearing @ her.

and yeah thats happened to me alot, lol a chick driving a toyota yaris at that time.

and no you shouldn't have swore at her, that just proves your an abusing driver, only someone with little driving experience would do that, that or a complete lunatic!

if you wanted you should have flashed her the high-beam, or beep at her, simple!

dont provoke other drivers and abuse them!

or the new trick is to quickly take over her and put on your double blinker in the rear of your car and slow down, she will think your car has broken down, then when you got the chance, speed up and avoid her, its a handy little prank lol, only do that if you wanna be a smartass lol

Last edited:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
hey yo, im not an oldie lol, just coz i have my fulls doesn't mean im an oldie, i still have my youth lol, i just got my L's very early, yr 10 the most.

anyway, i agree, but i do see alot of women and men drive like stupid, ever notice the way they take off the car, most people are driving autos nowadays, and all i see them do is thrash the car at take off, most being women..sorry xD hehe, and it just bothers me, the way they take off, proves to me there stupidity in driving, mind you these aren't your hotted up cars, just normal cars getting thrashed, this leads to poor driving experience, and more fuel lol.

well the people i see showing off are provoked by the car i ride, they all wanna have a shot at me, but i never ever compete with people on the road, regardless the car.

but remember, drivers who are older have more driving experience and have encountered critical situations more then P drivers, so in general, full licensed drivers are more experienced in driving then P platers.

You will always have good P plater drivers who drive responsibly and crap P plate drivers who drive recklessly, needless to say the same applies to full licensed drivers, but P drivers are the epidemic in this case.
LOL noooo.. i didnt say you were old. of course you're not.
i mean people in general like older people. my mum is a crazy driver, she reckons she's safe and slow, well no mum, you scare me to death when i'm in your car haha

f1r3c4p3

HSC
and yeah thats happened to me alot, lol a chick driving a toyota yaris at that time.

and no you shouldn't have swore at her, that just proves your an abusing driver, only someone with little driving experience would do that, that or a complete lunatic!

if you wanted you should have flashed her the high-beam, or beep at her, simple!

dont provoke other drivers and abuse them!

or the new trick is to quickly take over her and put on your double blinker in the rear of your car and slow down, she will think your car has broken down, then when you got the chance, speed up and avoid her, its a handy little prank lol, only do that if you wanna be a smartass lol
Lmao I see alot of full license drivers pulling fingers and saying fuck yous.. lol..
But yeah I speed up after the swearing and she ate my dust.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Lmao I see alot of full license drivers pulling fingers and saying fuck yous.. lol..
But yeah I speed up after the swearing and she ate my dust.
that's weird, must be the area you drive in? lol, but the thing that really shits me, is when you are at the set of lights, its a red light, and some knob decides to take a spit next to your car, when they decide to have a spag, shits me soo hard, i got all pissed and told him off with my window opened and coz i was angry fucked his car to pieces lol, eat my dust you shit head! lol

thankfully, he missed my car with his dirty spit!

they shouldn't allow that, they should fine people for spitting in general, like they do in Singapore, spitting on the side of your car when your stopped is just a dirty act, i hate it, angers me soo much!!!:chainsaw:

LOL noooo.. i didnt say you were old. of course you're not.
i mean people in general like older people. my mum is a crazy driver, she reckons she's safe and slow, well no mum, you scare me to death when i'm in your car haha

haha, yea, my uncles the same, he has his fulls hes been driving longer then i have ever been on this earth lol, yet everytime he takes off, thrashes the shit out of his camry lol, and its an auto, its not good thrashing an auto family car lol.

mind you, i only drove with him ONCE! lol and never again, im like your freakin crazy! haha

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
So after all these posts what do we conclude?

1. Slower speeds don't necessarily make people safer drivers.
2. Guys are more likely to knowingly do something stupid or dangerous.
3. Girls are more likely to unknowingly do something stupid or dangerous.
4. There is no consensus on what makes a driver 'worse'.

Back onto the topic though, I know I have driven like a hoon before but I realised as I got more experienced I stopped caring about trying to race kids at the traffic lights or weave unnecessarily in and out of traffic. You learn to just chill because you realise speeding or not, traffic lights and other factors will cause you to probably get to your destination no faster or slower if you just stayed in your lane in traffic and also minimised the risk to yourself. Better yet you would've saved some fuel too.

f1r3c4p3

HSC
I really wanna switch cars.. My car drinks $54 a week.. Thats almost half of my weekly income >.<

HSC
Uni Grad
So after all these posts what do we conclude?

1. Slower speeds don't necessarily make people safer drivers.
2. Guys are more likely to knowingly do something stupid or dangerous.
3. Girls are more likely to unknowingly do something stupid or dangerous.
4. There is no consensus on what makes a driver 'worse'.

Back onto the topic though, I know I have driven like a hoon before but I realised as I got more experienced I stopped caring about trying to race kids at the traffic lights or weave unnecessarily in and out of traffic. You learn to just chill because you realise speeding or not, traffic lights and other factors will cause you to probably get to your destination no faster or slower if you just stayed in your lane in traffic and also minimised the risk to yourself. Better yet you would've saved some fuel too.
I would say those conclusions seem reasonable enough.

Also, yes, I love it when someone goes flyin past and then the lights right up ahead go red or some thing occurs to put them back equal to or behind me, and this isn't exactly an occasional occurence either. Almost always it's the P platers that are into it though, I guess most people on black license have learnt it rarely makes a difference.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I really wanna switch cars.. My car drinks $54 a week.. Thats almost half of my weekly income >.<
Fuel efficiency is 30% car, 70% driver IMO. Not a factual relationship but for the majority of my mates who whinge about fuel consumption, it's their right foot which causes it to be inefficient. Sure some cars are worse than others (mine for example) but with very careful foot control I can get it down considerably...

... of course driving a Corolla or Prius would be a hella lot easier to get it cheaper.

ps. $54 a week isn't too bad. That's around 45L and depending on how much/far you drive, is a pretty reasonable expense (on average).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I would say those conclusions seem reasonable enough.

Also, yes, I love it when someone goes flyin past and then the lights right up ahead go red or some thing occurs to put them back equal to or behind me, and this isn't exactly an occasional occurence either. Almost always it's the P platers that are into it though, I guess most people on black license have learnt it rarely makes a difference.
Yep all it does is make you look like a tool. I see others do it and then overtake them as I coast towards the lights as they turn green... but I know where they are coming from- beats me why but when I was on my red P's I did some pretty stupid things. Maybe thats why the RTA wants new learners to do excessive amounts of hours so that they get it out of their system :S

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A

learn to drive economically :)

i never exceed 2000rpm when i need to take off, i find it saves alot of fuel, and my car picks speed nicely, so im not holding alot of other people behind me.

and if your car is manual, try to use neutral more often, especially when there is a nice long slope/hill going down hehe, obviously not on a straight the car will hardly go lol.

heres a tip, if someone behind you thinks you are driving slow and honks at you, drive even SLOWER!! hahaha, i love doing that especially when its a one way lane, they get sooo shitty hahahahaha and keep off your back lol :spin:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
learn to drive economically :)

i never exceed 2000rpm when i need to take off, i find it saves alot of fuel, and my car picks speed nicely, so im not holding alot of other people behind me.

and if your car is manual, try to use neutral more often, especially when there is a nice long slope/hill going down hehe, obviously not on a straight the car will hardly go lol.

heres a tip, if someone behind you thinks you are driving slow and honks at you, drive even SLOWER!! hahaha, i love doing that especially when its a one way lane, they get sooo shitty hahahahaha and keep off your back lol :spin:
2000rpm at take off isn't really applicable to all cars.

Remember that your car has torque galore and pulls it's own weight easier because of this. Most cars that aren't performance/of decent power need considerably more revs to get off the line lol.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
2000rpm at take off isn't really applicable to all cars.

Remember that your car has torque galore and pulls it's own weight easier because of this. Most cars that aren't performance/of decent power need considerably more revs to get off the line lol.

yeah guess i kind of forgot, my car does nicely at 2000, saves me fuel lol

so long as you dont thrash the car at take off all the time, and try driving at a constant rev range and lower the throttle, your car shouldn't do to bad on fuel, depends on stop and go traffic ofcourse lol.

mines still a guzzler, 60-70 bucks to fill her up with premium fuel, but its still pretty fuel economic for a 3.5l 6 cylinder engine hehe

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
yeah guess i kind of forgot, my car does nicely at 2000, saves me fuel lol

so long as you dont thrash the car at take off all the time, and try driving at a constant rev range and lower the throttle, your car shouldn't do to bad on fuel, depends on stop and go traffic ofcourse lol.

mines still a guzzler, 60-70 bucks to fill her up with premium fuel, but its still pretty fuel economic for a 3.5l 6 cylinder engine hehe
Not bad.

Mine as I said does $78 a full tank regular and has a 3.9L straight 6.

I don't mind hearing a bit of thrash... If it sounds good XD.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Not bad.

Mine as I said does $78 a full tank regular and has a 3.9L straight 6.

I don't mind hearing a bit of thrash... If it sounds good XD.

hahaha agreed, i just make sure i dont red-line, most i ever hit was 5000, and that was like on a few occasions, when i so call test the car out and see what shes got.

ofcourse i make sure the coast is clear lol, accelerate to 100 then stick to that speedo hehe.

btw what car you ride?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
hahaha agreed, i just make sure i dont red-line, most i ever hit was 5000, and that was like on a few occasions, when i so call test the car out and see what shes got.

ofcourse i make sure the coast is clear lol, accelerate to 100 then stick to that speedo hehe.

btw what car you ride?
'88 Ford Falcon EA S-pack.

Don't laugh haha.

It's one of the ORIGINAL EA S-packs, and cause the EA model was a flunk, it's rare. It came off the assembly line in the first week of the first month of the first year of production for the model, and still runs like new XD.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
'88 Ford Falcon EA S-pack.

Don't laugh haha.

It's one of the ORIGINAL EA S-packs, and cause the EA model was a flunk, it's rare. It came off the assembly line in the first week of the first month of the first year of production for the model, and still runs like new XD.

not bad, so long as it does the job, thats all that matters hehe

i heard ford might be getting rid of the falcon, and using the same model the americans use, the taurus or something, ye that would be shameful, falcons in aus are better then what they got in america.

my cousin has an 09 xr6 turbo and hes modded it up a fair bit, i gotta say, its one sweetride, id get one myself if i could haha

im loving the new ssv commodores now, they look sweet, but god they are pricey haha

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
not bad, so long as it does the job, thats all that matters hehe

i heard ford might be getting rid of the falcon, and using the same model the americans use, the taurus or something, ye that would be shameful, falcons in aus are better then what they got in america.

my cousin has an 09 xr6 turbo and hes modded it up a fair bit, i gotta say, its one sweetride, id get one myself if i could haha

im loving the new ssv commodores now, they look sweet, but god they are pricey haha
They are also thinking of doing the opposite.

The U.S praised the Falcon for being more stable than their Taurus (which is based on and draws most inspiration from the Falcon).

I don't think they'll drop an Aussie icon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)