Are male of female drivers worse? (1 Viewer)

What gender is worse at driving?

• Total voters

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
They are also thinking of doing the opposite.

The U.S praised the Falcon for being more stable than their Taurus (which is based on and draws most inspiration from the Falcon).

I don't think they'll drop an Aussie icon.

haha yeah, well they better not, we would lose our love for the long lived falcon and it wouldnt be the same again :(

if you ask me, the holden cruze is fail

but the new holden supercharged clubsport, daymmmm, thats an awesome car, it annihilated an R8 in a straight with ease :D

im not sure if its out yet, or if its still due to release, that, that is a machine, my dream car hahaha

that, or lexus ISF, or new skyline GTR, whichever is cheaper hahaha, we can all keep dreaming lol :p

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
They are also thinking of doing the opposite.

The U.S praised the Falcon for being more stable than their Taurus (which is based on and draws most inspiration from the Falcon).

I don't think they'll drop an Aussie icon.
It is a better car, the taurus is fucking awful, but Ford HQ have said they have no intention to develop a new RWD platform any time in the future, and the next 'Falcon', will likely be based on a global FWD platform, with mere styling changes to fit the local market.

It's not hard to see Ford manufacturing in Australia becoming unviable, and the company pulling up stumps permanently.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It is a better car, the taurus is fucking awful, but Ford HQ have said they have no intention to develop a new RWD platform any time in the future, and the next 'Falcon', will likely be based on a global FWD platform, with mere styling changes to fit the local market.

It's not hard to see Ford manufacturing in Australia becoming unviable, and the company pulling up stumps permanently.
Wonder if they're planning on following GM, cause that's what will happen.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Women are terrible drivers but men are more likely to take risks.

f1r3c4p3

HSC
I reckon my car isn't so bad in fuel. For a v6 it only drinks $54 a week, I guess it ain't so bad. But compared to my grandparents car who drinks only $41 a week.....

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I reckon my car isn't so bad in fuel. For a v6 it only drinks $54 a week, I guess it ain't so bad. But compared to my grandparents car who drinks only $41 a week.....
Umm?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Again you can't compare fuel economy strictly on dollar amount it costs you per week... so many other factors, distance driven, cost of car, where the car is driven (and when, for traffic), etc...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Again you can't compare fuel economy strictly on dollar amount it costs you per week... so many other factors, distance driven, cost of car, where the car is driven (and when, for traffic), etc...
This is why I said 4-5 days XD.

And trust me, I drive to save fuel lol.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular... just something so that people either get back on topic or think a bit more before they post how much they spend on petrol a week without any other info to put it into context.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC

yeah but that $54 probably gets you about 10 km.

I think females are worse with the spatial awareness of their car (carparks, etc) and on average not as skilled as males. However, males are much more likely to take risks, and represent a larger proportion of cars on the road

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
So far we're seeing that Females have worse driver co-ordination skill, whereas males have more and take unneccesary risks because of it. Female crashes are looked upon as stupid in the way that they should have learned more, and males as 'you bloody idiot'.

Female and male drivers both crash equally, but because of the ratio of men to women on the road, men represent the higher number...

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
The only data i can find on the ratio of driving statistics by gender is from the UK, where men average 12000 miles a year, whereas women average 5000.

Work this out, 11 million males drive a combined 132,000,000,000 miles a year, divided by the road toll of males (in 2008) of 516, equals males would have a fatal crash (on average) every 255813953.5 miles.

11 million females drive a combined 55,000,000,000 miles a year, divided by the 2008 road toll of women, of 178, means women would have a fatal crash every 308988764 miles they drive.

That says that women are actually less likely to have a fatal crash than males are. Even per km driven.

Although the stats are a bit sketchy with the UK driving averages. The ratio could be different over here

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know about you guys but I usually drive my gf around... even when I'm using her car. I'm inclined to think guys can drive alot more than girls (depending on circumstances of course).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
My personal opinion (not stating that this is true) is that females are worse drivers in general, if we're going to compare genders. I know I could be a lot better at some things, like parking.

Overall IMO the worst drivers are old people (like 85+) regardless of gender. Was stuck behind this old dude for ages today, because he was setting his own erratic speed limit regardless of what the signage was and kept randomly braking for absolutely no reason. I originally let him in front of me because I saw him struggling to change lanes as I approached (because lane changing is like really difficult :confused: ) so I took pity on him and then paid for it :/

Zeroes

HSC
This reminds me, my brother once drove into the car in front at the lights because he was too busy whining about female drivers to look at the road.

You'd think most people could do both at the same time.

Of course, he came up with about 5 of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard for why it wasn't his fault and why he's still a great driver.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
My personal opinion (not stating that this is true) is that females are worse drivers in general, if we're going to compare genders. I know I could be a lot better at some things, like parking.
Generally, females have less of an ability to judge distances and therefore their parking suffers... Also why you hear about girls running up the back of some car or backing into a pole XD.

Zeroes

HSC
Also wanted to add, generally there are more male motoring enthusiasts, so there are more males that care about their driving skills, thus better drivers.
But this also makes more males who think they're great drivers when really they're shit.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I think it comes down to age/nationality/experience more than just gender. How many times have you been stuck behind an old person that's driving slowly, or even swerving all over the road?
There's too many factors; can they handle the car they're driving, have they done a defensive course; do they drive regularly..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)