Are most of your classes with your friends ?? (1 Viewer)

JayCakie

HSC
And yes I agree with Engineering students being more... "friendly". I know people who study science and engineering at Uni are so much nicer and easier to get along with than some of the commerce people I've met.

That accounts for some people I know who are doing commerce at other universities such as Usyd and Macqaurie - both first years and other years. (Not so much Mac but still)

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
My "ex" *cough* may end up doing a few subjects with me this year - particularly so if I have him in ACCT1501 and random economics classes.
Lol sorry if this is too personal but it says male on your profile. Gay?

EDIT: I'm doing finance does that make me a bit of cock too? :S

JayCakie

HSC
Umm... Well I won't know anyone in any of my classes (maybe in my ACCTL 1501 lecture on thursday morning since i know a few there) but other than that I'll be 4eva alone. I'm also shy so I guess that makes me 5eva alone . Nuuuuu
Yay! I have ACCT1501 on Thursday morning too! Nice to know there's someone from BoS that's got one class with me... in some ways.

michaeljennings

HSC
Yay! I have ACCT1501 on Thursday morning too! Nice to know there's someone from BoS that's got one class with me... in some ways.
I also have ACCT1501 on a thursday morning along with 100000000000000000000 other baulko kids

JayCakie

HSC
Lol sorry if this is too personal but it says male on your profile. Gay?
Yeah I know it does. It was for the lols and because I had forgotten every other username and password I had on BoS, I decided to make this one.... as a male.

No people, I don't have a penis.

Ah, even at 2 am in the morning, I'm eloquent as ever!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah I know it does. It was for the lols and because I had forgotten every other username and password I had on BoS, I decided to make this one.... as a male.

No people, I don't have a penis.

Ah, even at 2 am in the morning, I'm eloquent as ever!
Then you should change your Gender to stop confusing us :(

JayCakie

HSC
+1

I was worried I might offend him/her so I had to think over my wording for about 5 minutes. Awkward.

I don't really want to change the sex on my BoS profile. It's funny. Unless it turns into a major issue, particularly so with Mods/Admin people who want me to change it... then sure.

And don't worry you won't offend me. Just ignore it. I'm not very feminine so it doesn't affect me so much.

Last edited:

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't really want to change the sex on my BoS profile. It's funny. Unless it turns into a major issue, particularly so with Mods/Admin people who want me to change it... then sure.

And don't worry you won't offend me. Just ignore it. I'm not very feminine so it doesn't affect me so much.
I see what you did there :p

Changing from 'Call me a hermy' to 'not very feminine'

Noice.

JayCakie

HSC
HAHAH yeah! Well sported dear sir. :p I thought it would give people the wrong idea... and it would put it out of context LOL.

Darn, nearly got away with it too. Heh, I'll probably change it when I start uni in Feb.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't just hang out with your school friends.

Make new friends. Meet new people.

It will really enrich your time at uni.

Don't make the mistake of exclusively hanging/talking with people from your school in your first weeks/months of uni.

This is when everybody gets to know each other and you'll meet the friends/groups that'll make uni 1000 times better.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't just hang out with your school friends.

Make new friends. Meet new people.

It will really enrich your time at uni.

Don't make the mistake of exclusively hanging/talking with people from your school in your first weeks/months of uni.

This is when everybody gets to know each other and you'll meet the friends/groups that'll make uni 1000 times better.
this is very good advice. my friends and i made that mistake and we really kept to ourselves without making many new friends

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Can't wait to scab $1 off 240 people in the lecture room to gain $240/day! HELLO NEW FRIENDS.
Definitely would make new franz regardless of knowing anyone. The more the merrier!

Last edited:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
this is very good advice. my friends and i made that mistake and we really kept to ourselves without making many new friends
yeah you dipshit (noooo i don't want to meet weird internet people my friends will laugh at me)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
yeah i know right

But then again I kinda made the same mistake by... just hanging out with the BoS people I met at O-Week. Great bunch, but... yeah.

But the good thing is, this year is a fresh start. I'm doing a first year subject (legit) and... so I'll be able to not make the same mistake I did last year. And I'll be forced to as well because no one here does English :(

HSC
Uni Grad
So far I have several friends in the MATH1151 lecture and tutes, one friend of mine in the 6pm economics lecture on wednesday. Other than that, will be looking forward to making more friends at uni despite a 3 day timetable.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Most of my friends are either going to different unis or didn't get into uni.
So, I don't think any of my friends are in any lectures with me. Ready to make new friends. :)

inJust

HSC
Is it awkward to ask someone their number when you first meet them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)