Are people in the northern and eastern suburbs big time snobs? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not the one with the green and purple uniform ;)
If you are talking about the school I think you are (and tbh I had to look it up since i've never seen their uniform), they are ranked in the 200s.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
cherrybrook tech - rank 49, carlingford high - rank 100+, penno 150+, but yeah most non selective public are 200s like crestwood and kellyville

RishBonjour

HSC
This is why they have UWS, to meet the needs for those with a lower educational status in Western Sydney.
Could say the same about ACU and Notre Dame which have lower cut offs for the same courses as well. E.g B Comm at UWS is 64 ish, ACU is 58.

Your argument is flawed, as said the cutoff f only factors in supply and demand of each course, not the difficulty of it.

I don't agree with him - but UWS gives LOADS of opportunities for people from those areas. lol their ATAR cut off means jack shit - someone I know got into UWS law by consistently calling them and asking for a place - ATAR was no where near cut off.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I don't agree with him - but UWS gives LOADS of opportunities for people from those areas. lol their ATAR cut off means jack shit - someone I know got into UWS law by consistently calling them and asking for a place - ATAR was no where near cut off.
That's true but that wasn't his point. I know some very smart kids who plan on going UWS next year even though they could make it into MACQ, USYD or UNSW. Why? Some people aren't willing to travel 1 hr + each way to uni when they live 15 min away from UWS.

RishBonjour

HSC
That's true but that wasn't his point. I know some very smart kids who plan on going UWS next year even though they could make it into MACQ, USYD or UNSW. Why? Some people aren't willing to travel 1 hr + each way to uni when they live 15 min away from UWS.
Yeah definitely - I wouldn't travel for that long. But really, depends what they are doing (e.g. heaps of people go UWS for med sci/sci in hope for med) but picking UWS for commerce over UNSW for 1 hour travel probably isn't the best decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)