Are people in the northern and eastern suburbs big time snobs? (1 Viewer)

nojess

HSC
I dated a guy whose mother lived in the eastern suburbs and his father the north shore.. both parents were complete snobs, but he was totally down to earth..
living in a certain area doesn't make you a snob :p

ClassOf2013

HSC
These days the socioeconomic lines between 'north', 'east' and 'west' are getting more blurred. Believe it or not, there are housing commission areas and therefore 'poor people' (shock horror!) in the East and North (Maroubra, Malabar, Eastlakes, South Coogee, Hillsdale, Kirribilli and Artarmon to name just a few), as well as relatively wealthy areas in the West and South West (Macquarie Links, Voyager Point, Leonay, Glenbrook, Kurrajong and Strathfield to name a few). It's not as hard and fast as it used to be, ie rich people in the East and North and poor people in the West and South West.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
These days the socioeconomic lines between 'north', 'east' and 'west' are getting more blurred. Believe it or not, there are housing commission areas and therefore 'poor people' (shock horror!) in the East and North (Maroubra, Malabar, Eastlakes, South Coogee, Hillsdale, Kirribilli and Artarmon to name just a few), as well as relatively wealthy areas in the West and South West (Macquarie Links, Voyager Point, Leonay, Glenbrook, Kurrajong and Strathfield to name a few). It's not as hard and fast as it used to be, ie rich people in the East and North and poor people in the West and South West.
A lot of wealthy areas in the North West too.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yeah I agree theres always a few snobs at castle towers who think theyre so good when they walk, and that stupid jumper over shoulder sh*t going on

Emily Howard

HSC
man used to work at towers once wen i lived in eppin (old fam friend ownd a business)

probs saw all u zit faced kiddies wen u were in highschool

Emily Howard

HSC
drivin dere was a bitch quit after 8 months

ppl didnt seem bad dere

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
I dated a guy whose mother lived in the eastern suburbs and his father the north shore.. both parents were complete snobs, but he was totally down to earth..
living in a certain area doesn't make you a snob :p
hey bby tits out 4 da boiz

ebbygoo

HSC
I go to school in that NW area you're talking about, and most people are alright, it's only a select few people you want to slap in the face.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
This is why they have UWS, to meet the needs for those with a lower educational status in Western Sydney.
Western sydney is not dumber than northern sydney. There are established areas in western sydney where immigrants tend to flock to. These immigrants obviously have a lower educational status due to their situations such as leaving war torn countries or riots.

Furthermore, a lower atar indicates that a certain course or university is less popular.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Western sydney is not dumber than northern sydney. There are established areas in western sydney where immigrants tend to flock to. These immigrants obviously have a lower educational status due to their situations such as leaving war torn countries or riots.

Furthermore, a lower atar indicates that a certain course or university is less popular.
+1, what a stupid statement by sirable

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
This is why they have UWS, to meet the needs for those with a lower educational status in Western Sydney.
Could say the same about ACU and Notre Dame which have lower cut offs for the same courses as well. E.g B Comm at UWS is 64 ish, ACU is 58.

Your argument is flawed, as said the cutoff f only factors in supply and demand of each course, not the difficulty of it.

ClassOf2013

HSC
u talkin bout dem giant dural estates n dem big glenhaven ones too?
Bella Vista is pretty wealthy too, lots of expensive homes there. Admittedly though, wealthy people in the west, northwest and southwest tend to be successful tradies (ie, those who own construction, plumbing, electrical companies) rather than bankers/doctors/lawyers etc, and there is not as much old money.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
The closer you get to Rouse Hill, the more boagns you get.

House and Land out in those new suburbs (formerly Kellyville) start from 550K or so, which is a lot cheaper than most of the hills district, plus you get a brand new house.

And most of the people out here are living well above their means. Most have ridiculous mortgages; husbands spend their life travelling on the buses to the city to pay them off while sending the kids to private schools, and the women try and run me over in their 4wds.

And I know where I live in the area, most of the houses were originally built between the 60s and 80s. Most people selling up are the old retirees and their homes are being bought by Asians because of the public school having an OC class, and literally being 15 min to Ruse and Baulko. Shame if their kids miss out they;ll need to pay for private schools because my high school (aka the local high school is ranked about 400th! :lol:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)