Are supras good? (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
The Supra is Toyota's hero car, it has an inline 6 cylinder engine and drives through the rear wheels. The modern day equivalent would be buying a Nissan 350Z. If you want a used car that is similar in performance you would have to get the 300ZX, Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO or a GTR ( which is AWD ). These cars however very expensive.

The Supra is a coupe, it will not sit 4-5 people unless 3 of them are midgets. What you're looking for is a small-medium hatch or sedan. A Swift GTi is apparently very good if you're looking for a small hatch.

Legham

HSC
Lol :eek: Suzuki Swift GTi was the laughing stock of this town for like a year :p Everyone hates it apart from the driver.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah and the new suzuki swift sport (gti) costs a ridiculous $26000
thats definitely not money well spent...even if youre a gti fan

CieL

HSC
mrzeidan1 said:
S15 200SX. Can't go wrong
Might want a reminder that this guy only has around $10k to spare..

But hmm.. Supra.. lack of control.. instead of just the rear sliding out, the front tends to slide out with it.. in fact, my friend nearly died in a Supra.. driver was being a dickhead and was driving fast in a mountain area.. hit a kink in the road, car flipped, totalled, etc.. only thing which saved all of them was the fat body which was all crumpled up.. I guess that's the only good thing I can see in that car..

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Have a look at R32 skylines....2ltr 4 cylinder, a little less power which is good for someone who is just getting comfortable with driving. There a nice looking car and you can't go wrong with nissans reliability. Only problem is finding one thats non turbo!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
no new supra coming out...and I've heard about the handling as well. My brother's friend was being a dickhead on winding mountain roads and yeah he fucked up (same as Ciel's story). Although that can happen in any car.

It's still a beautiful car. Best looking imo.

Sorry to hijack thread, but is there a new Skyline out? I was driving along King George's Road near Wiley Park and saw some new looking car with Skyline written on it, completely different to the regular boxy skyline.

lengy

HSC
The R32 doesn't look that great in base form. It looks good in GTR form though.

The rounder 'Skyline' was probably a G35 available as a Japanese import or sold in the States as an Infiniti.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
meew said:
thinking of getting like a '93 supra becaus they are hawwt.
are they realiable or will i need to keep paying with eervything screwing up?
any idea how much insurance costs?
any alternative cars if u think my idea sucks?
Nothing says "ricer rocket" like a Supra.

Except maybe a Honda Civic.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
seremify007 said:
4. FTOs, Celicas, RX7s, Fairladys, Skylines, MR2s, etc... are all in that category but vary significantly in price/running costs/availability. I also just realised that Toyota, once great at making the japanese sports cars (Celica, MR2, Supra) is now without such a car in it's lineup (bar the Sportivo models of Corolla/Camry/Aurion). Nissan I suppose at least still has the 350z (but no Skyline)
arent they making celicas anymore? wow, thats a bummer. however, Nissan actually DOES have a skyline, but its so shit looking that it rivals the new wrexie to come out, in more ways than one >.> (plus i think its based of the Infiniti G35 which might show why it is crap looking, but it IS a skyline)

i have seen at least 5 driving around sydney (linkeh) and to relax your eyes from that awful thing, here is a link to the proto: http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/DESIGN/CONCEPTCAR/2005/GT-R/index2.html

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
The concept looks so good...what the fuck went wrong?

lengy

HSC
The G35 is different from the GTR. Skylines are now a separate car from the GTR. The GTR is doing rounds in the States at the moment for finalising. The G35s or Skylines aren't that bad in my opinion.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the G35 looks okay- better than the new WRX anyway. And yeh I've seen a few of those roaming around the CBD, and even saw one out in Fairfield not too long ago. Looks alright but it reminds me of the Nissan maxima/cefiro in terms of mainstreamness.

lengy

HSC
It's much better looking than the Maxima which looks like a blimp.

CieL

HSC
Maximas look like turd.

I saw a G35 out at Bonnyrigg Plaza.... couple of months back lol

bshoc

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Exactly my first thought.... '06er, unless they're one of the ancient overseas people who turn 20 in yr12 [I had one in my school, saddd]

But yeahhh.. you wont be able to get it unless you're unrestricted, which I highly doubt.

But yeah, I dislike Supras.. so I would give you a biased opinion..

Insurance would kill the shit out of you in general.. but I mean, depends on who's paying for it..

Alternatives.. whatever seremify said.. and since he mentioned the mr2, I thought about the 2nd gen CRX [1st gen is apparently good, but I hate its looks].. rare little car.. but I think it's NA.. however, manual only.. so if you cant drive manual, forget about the majority of these cars listed..
You do realize that twin turbo is not the only Supra variant yeah? That there are stock Supras legal for P-platers ...

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
bshoc said:
You do realize that twin turbo is not the only Supra variant yeah? That there are stock Supras legal for P-platers ...
yeah, my mate's cousin owns a non-turbo Supra. but as for the "P-platers cant drive turbos" thing, isnt it only for those that get their licenses disqualified? i dont know anyone that has gotten their "P"s recently, but i know that license disqualification on your Ps get you both a powerful vehicle ban and a limit of only one passenger.

CieL

HSC
bshoc said:
Yes I am aware.
Just that previous people were talking about the turbo variants and I carried on from their conversation, not looking at the initial post properly.

And no, doggy.

People who received their P1s after July 2005 were immediately not allowed to drive high performance cars from the time they received their licence. If you look at the licences after that date, you will see that under conditions, there's a letter Y - which means that provisional driver must not drive prohibited vehicles.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sigh and that stupid Y condition carries over onto the P2 license :(... and it looks so ugly on my license!

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
well, i wouldnt know, cos my one is clear of conditions ^_^

but i have seen one with the conditions (PAY- 1 passenger, no high power, and auto) and it looks ugly, because it is arranged as PAY. lets the copper know youre still paying for it >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)