Are teachers meant to make MX1 so hard? (1 Viewer)

Shnurs

HSC
Seriously only the insanely smart maths kids can get over 80% in three unit and everyone else either fails or just passes, including me.

Is everyone else getting this in MX1 or is it just my school.

I go to a selective high school, btw.

bubblesss

HSC
well it really depends on your school. this time our maths ext paper was quite hard. but usually 85% of our class passes but only a few get above 80% as u said.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL dont worry

scaling takes care of your extension marks. it took care of mine :p

Aplus

HSC
N/A
It's called Extension for a reason.

bored of sc

HSC
No. They are actually not that difficult if you don't get psyched out. Sure, there are virtually impossible questions in there, but alot of the exam is relatively straight forward (provided you've learnt your formulas, theroms and methods). With solid revision and a good exam technique high marks are a realistic possibility.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Aplus said:
It's called Extension for a reason.
True. Well I guess the teachers want to kick out the people with lower marks so they don't drag the whole class down in scaling. Tell me if its wrong.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
does it matter? its in school assessments, its just meant to differentiate everyone to see whos better, the percent you get in the exam doesn't matter, its how well u wud place in the state if everyone did the same test

rawrrr

HSC
hmm i underestimated and failed my first exam (got below 50) then i started to do my homework like everything my teacher threw at me and got over 90. I kept doing everything the teacher gave me and just had my MXT1 exam yesterday, seemed pretty easy and hoping to get over 90 :D Just listen in class and do everything the teacher gives u. I mean everything :D

Real Madrid

HSC
It's not worth the effort I guarentee you.

I finished my maths textbook and I still fail tests even though I also bought other textbooks.

edit: Can someone tell me if the Year 12 load is lighter or heavier?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Do you honestly think they would make Year 12 easier then Year 11?
The whole point of Year 11 is to gear up for Year 12
So it's safe to assume Year 12 increases your workload.
A LOT

Also, do not be worried about the mark you get in your test
The only thing you should worry about is rank
The teachers NEED to make it really hard. Otherwise, too many people would get 100% and the-like, making it impossible to seperate the top students

My teacher once told me, "We hate it when students get 100%. It defeats the purpose of testing to see the rank. What if three students get 100% but one student is twice as smart as the other two? They end up with the same rank. That's why we make the tests so hard"

Besides, the harder it is, the more mistakes you make, the more you can go back to it and learn it
It's better to head into the HSC with all the hard stuff learnt rather then to know all the easy stuff but not the hard stuff =)

HSC
youngminii said:
My teacher once told me, "We hate it when students get 100%. It defeats the purpose of testing to see the rank. What if three students get 100% but one student is twice as smart as the other two? They end up with the same rank. That's why we make the tests so hard"
That's really smart!

I know in my class out of 12 at least 1/2 failed the last ext maths task.
Anyway, only rankings matter really...:)

Shanku

HSC
What? Some people in my class get 90+ consistently. The highest I got in MX1 is 80% and the highest I got in 2U is 86%. Yeah, it's friggin' hard but you're meant to be studying for it a few weeks before the test - not the night before.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
why do people keep blaming their shit marks on teachers. get a fucking brain and do some work, maybe that'd get you a few more marks.

ratcher0071

HSC
MX1 isn't that hard, it's just that the tests are made to confuse the hell out of you. :angry:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
So can the teachers force drop you next year if you do really shit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)