Are teachers necessary to get a good ATAR? (2 Viewers)

zhiying

HSC
^nice gif haha

Yeah teachers are quite important if they are competent. I had veeeeeeery good teachers who'd go out of their way to help me in all my subjects except English -______________- if I told her to read my essay she tells me shes too busy....

Magical Kebab

HSC
I once had an egyptian maths teacher who was just amazing mathematically but in terms of teaching he was hopeless.
Then i had a useless teacher in terms of 'iQ level' but was a great teacher.

And no, teachers don't need great ATARS, from guessing i believe the standard cutoff would be 70s/early 80s. Though i believe for them to be effective at teaching, their communication skills need to be quite good. But as we all know, most are a waste of time.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The only teachers I needed were for maths (because I wasn't bothered to do work on my own) and bio (because she put together booklets for us).
English - I slept in class or did homework for other subjects and I'm pretty sure my teacher is a sped. So yeah.
Chemistry - I had a tutor and probs should've topped internally, but my teacher didn't like the way I set out my answers.
SoR2 - Didn't go to half the lessons or do much, but my teacher gave us some helpful notes and stuff.

So, not necessary unless you're lazy.

epicFAILx

HSC
A good teacher motivates you to learn well.

Eg: I had a good teacher for Bio this year.. and Bio was my top subject and I enjoyed it too. Now i have a new Bio teacher and I wonder.
Or for english, i had an okay english teacher and then it changed and i felt demotivated for english to the point I am hating it..

But in the end what YOU do is going to effect your marks.. :)

inJust

HSC
My english teacher failed her hsc first time round. But she's one of the most intelligent people I've met in my life. And she's the reason I'm so interested in english.

Just goes to show, a person could of just been lazy during their HSC and did nothing and get a crap atar and still be really smart.

So don't judge a teacher by their ATAR.

EDIT: But when she did do her hsc again, she ended up getting 99+ so...

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't pay attention to most of my teachers. Not because I thought I'd ace everything, but because I cbf. Apart from my English teacher, I didn't listen in class.

Eg155

HSC
Bottom line,
Teachers teach, students study. Nuff said.
teachers who are idiots (sounds harsh, but have been there) make for students who do not succeed to their maximum potential. Also, if they hate you they may mark you more harshly. If this happens during the HSC, ranks drop = ATAR destroyed!

Magical Kebab

HSC
teachers who are idiots (sounds harsh, but have been there) make for students who do not succeed to their maximum potential. Also, if they hate you they may mark you more harshly. If this happens during the HSC, ranks drop = ATAR destroyed!
That's why you get on their good side (extra marks) and work hard, and if your work is truely great, they can't really deduct marks, or be harsh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)