are the library tours worth doing? (1 Viewer)

tubtub

HSC
yeah are they useful to new students at uws?

and also another question..........how do u get to campbelltown campus? um i hear u take the train to MACARTHUR station...........but i hear that u need to get off at CAMPBELLTOWN station cause it doesnt go there? and and where is the shuttle bus station at these stations????

TIA

Super_Flyse

HSC
tubtub said:

and also another question..........how do u get to campbelltown campus? um i hear u take the train to MACARTHUR station...........but i hear that u need to get off at CAMPBELLTOWN station cause it doesnt go there? and and where is the shuttle bus station at these stations????

TIA
The main thing i remember about the library tours was learning how to use the photocopier stuff and where some of the stuff is.
I would say they would be more useful at a campus other then hawkesbury, because they are generally alot bigger then what the hawkesbury campus is.

= Jennifer =

HSC
yeah the library tours are definately worth doing!

you learn about all the computer related stuff you need such as reserving books, renewing books, learning how to use photocopiers, printers, etc at the library.

i also suggest if you are doing a business related course to apply to do the research companies and industries class as well as business basics...both will definately help you out in your studies

in relation to getting to campbelltown campus

when i went for the day there with larab we caught the train to campbelltown station and then another one to macarthur and walked

you can also get off at campbelltown and take advantage of the shuttle bus service there is a sign pointing to where the shuttle bus takes off from so i would not be too worried, also you will see a lot of uni students waiting for the bus as well

the campus is also accessible via the m5 if you decide to drive

melodic_gal

HSC
tubtub said:

TIA
well if you are first year student its actually wise to go on the tour that way you get the hang of what around you and things like where to find the books you need, photocopy machines etc etc

to get to campbelltown it really depends which train station you catch your trains for me i catch train from Bankstown to Lidcombe and switch train there because it goes directly to marcarthur. when you get off the train at marcarthur as you come out you turn right( i think) you walk straight keep walking a little then turn right again you will see the campus.

getting off at marcarthur station is the easiers way to get there its 10- 15 mins walk

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
tours are good, makes u more familiar with all the items, pple, etc i reckon everybody should go for it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I never did a library tour. This is a book, this is a photocopier :p

The library staff (at Hawkesbury anyway) are really nice and they will help out if people need it. I also found that during the first week of uni, some classes have library tutorials.

pottsy44

HSC
macarthur station and campbelltown campus are ajoining practically, just a long pathway to the buildings lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)