Are there any Lectures or tutes nextweek (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AsyLum said:
I'll be expecting a stripper!
I say we set up a stripper fund.

tax deductions for charitable donations!!

edit: which movie had a stripper with a donkey??

HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
Ok, can i ask where in the university i can find a grand piano, or even a normal standup one? I no there's one in Macq Theature, but there's ALWAYS a lecture going on there.

-P_D
somewhere in W6A? (level 6, music block)

Good luck trying to rock up and just play though, you'd need to book the room.

Kegs

HSC
Was Lauren in there when you did your time? After 1:30 she was gone, so the 2pm people had themselves and the chatty student card people for company. Woo!

Also, isnt the Arctic Monkey's album already out? I thought it was on the 17th and I saw it in jb yesterday.

As for the piano, macq theatre doesnt always have class. I have spent many a time in there fucking around with friends. Some of the 2-3 hour classes finish early if this helps. Lighthouse also has a piano, but there is no chance there, it is always locked unless there is someone in there practicing for a show. Not sure where else, but will keep my eyes open.

X

xeuyrawp

Kegs said:
Also, isnt the Arctic Monkey's album already out? I thought it was on the 17th and I saw it in jb yesterday.
I picked mine up yesterday.

HSC
N/A
Yeah Ben, Lauren was always in there when I was there (often walking in and out there). We had such fun :(

I kid you not when I say mentor booth isn't going to be as fun anymore :( Now I have fewer place to turn to when I need to ask about something I should already know about :(:p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
I say we set up a stripper fund.

tax deductions for charitable donations!!

edit: which movie had a stripper with a donkey??
Clerks II mang!

Interspecies Erotica!

ALLLICE

HSC
I never got a mentor...lol...my alarm didn't go off and i slept through orientation.

I showed up at around 1 and started hassling yellow shirted ppl...most just told me it was too late :( .. but then some other nice yellow shirted ppl showed me around anyway.. one happened to be an old friend of an old friend of mine too... that was an odd day.

HSC
N/A
WHAT?!?!

What division were you in? If it was someone from scmp I will KILL THEM for turning a mentee away!!!!! *gets angry*

Doesn't matter how late you were... even if you missed all the talking the tour would still have been worthwhile.

ALLLICE

HSC
glitterfairy said:
WHAT?!?!

What division were you in? If it was someone from scmp I will KILL THEM for turning a mentee away!!!!! *gets angry*

Doesn't matter how late you were... even if you missed all the talking the tour would still have been worthwhile.
im in scmp (im doing a B Soc Sc)...umm some media students told me it was too late and they wouldnt be able to help anyway...umm i dont really remember.. some others were rather nasty to me actually..but some english/ ancient history ppl showed me around instead.. they were nice :)

HSC
N/A
*growls*

I'm emailing Sandie. Right now.

Thought in the mentor's defence (whoever they are) dealing with latecomers isn't covered in training. Although it should be.

Ahh.... that mentor booth mentality is getting to me.

EDIT: Can you remember what nasty things the mentors said? And can you remember what they looked like?

And can you remember the name of the nice people that did end up showing you around? :)

Last edited:

ALLLICE

HSC
glitterfairy said:
*growls*

I'm emailing Sandie. Right now.

Thought in the mentor's defence (whoever they are) dealing with latecomers isn't covered in training. Although it should be.

Ahh.... that mentor booth mentality is getting to me.

EDIT: Can you remember what nasty things the mentors said? And can you remember what they looked like?

And can you remember the name of the nice people that did end up showing you around? :)
lol

i don't remember it very clearly...but i remember asking some ppl what i should do now...and they were something like "we're from media we can't help u...go to student services"..or something?? and some others did the same

but lol...it's ok really

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ALLLICE said:
lol

i don't remember it very clearly...but i remember asking some ppl what i should do now...and they were something like "we're from media we can't help u...go to student services"..or something?? and some others did the same

but lol...it's ok really
rofl, thats pretty funny. Though I don't explicitly remember turning anyone away, but I don't have a firm recollection of the day haha, what time did you end up turning up ? :)

ALLLICE

HSC
AsyLum said:
rofl, thats pretty funny. Though I don't explicitly remember turning anyone away, but I don't have a firm recollection of the day haha, what time did you end up turning up ? :)
1pm...
yeah...i woke up around 12.30 and i was like :eek: no!! and hurried off to uni (im just in epping)

I've avoided telling this story to most of my friends...they would've paid me out so much..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, rofl, why do I get the feeling I may have spoken to you....

Last edited:

ALLLICE

HSC
hmm...yeah...i have that feeling too...it's possible :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You didn't end up coming on another day did you?

ALLLICE

HSC
Wait. Someone suggested that to me :eek: .. and no, i didn't

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
roflmao.. interesting! the plot thickens!

*hopeful*

HSC
hey how can one become a mentor? i think my buddies may be interested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)