are there any titanium cranium's in here...(metal heads) :P hehe \m/ (2 Viewers)

veridis

droog
HSC
wouldnt call myself a metal fan but do listen to some of it
faves would have to be old sunk loto and superheist which got me interested. just associate so many memories to songs from those blokes
other i listen to often are opeth, amon amarth, tool, soil, fear factory(hate them live though), candiria(very wired mix but would call em mainly metal), bride of destruction(more punky but whenever i tell ppl about em they think metal), drowning pool, jerk, ministry
full metal racket is the limit of my exposure to new metal

also before someone said what real punk was without talking bout the ramones. like WTF man

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Mainly doom/folk/avant-garde etc here.

Bathory/Magog/Arcturus/Ulver/Throes of Dawn/Agalloch/Woods of Ypres/Suidakra/Satyricon/Morgion/Novembers Doom/Borknagar/Vintersorg/Katatonia/Nest/Summoning/Samael/Rapture/Moonsorrow/Finntroll/Thyrfrig/Gehenna/Sigh/Evergrey/Winds/Primordial/Belinus/Sol Invictus/Cruachan etc.

Myrdraal, Gospel of the Horns!, Virgin Black, Stone Wings and Astriaal are probably my favourite Australian bands. I'm also partial to some of that grim/raw/kvlt stuff on occassion :).

Last edited:

veridis

droog
HSC
i feel so much like a poser in here. out of all of neos i've only heard sol invictus and i think myrdraal. its pronounced like meerthraal or summin yeah

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
HoloHoaxVictim said:
Judas iscariot
That guy is a joke :rolleyes:

Do you like Necrophagia btw? That band is every gorefiend's wet dream :p

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
veridis said:
i feel so much like a poser in here. out of all of neos i've only heard sol invictus and i think myrdraal. its pronounced like meerthraal or summin yeah
If you know sol invictus, you're alright by me :p

veridis

droog
HSC
*decides not to mention he only accidentaly came across em while researching for an ancient history assignment*
In the rain is prob my fave album. i realy like down the years and oh what fun

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Agreed :D, I like those two tracks as well (and the album for that matter) An English Garden and The World Shrugged are other great tracks imo.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Not complete metal head, but I am partial to some porcupine tree, megadeth, 80s metallica, iron maiden, judas priest, pantera, fear factory, slayer, tool, apc, acdc etc

Last edited:

Mendo

HSC
Withoutaface you should meet my boyfriend. you'd have fun talking hair metal with him.

mack

Banned
HSC
"Hair metal" is wanky glam bullshit like Poison, Warrant, Ratt...etc, not what withoutaface mentioned. He listed genuine metal artists.

veridis

droog
HSC
acadaca and slayer did sometime venture almost into the realm of hair metal though. so did iron maiden to a lesser extent. but i wouldnt classify them as hair metal first

Last edited:

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Mendo said:
Withoutaface you should meet my boyfriend. you'd have fun talking hair metal with him.
I thought you were a dude... or.. are you?? :confused:

I dont know any homosexual dudes that listen to metal...

Last edited:

Mendo

HSC
Well mack, Im terribly sorry to coin a term you so obviously dispise. i just saw Judas Priest and Iron maiden and thought hairmetal. I'l think things through a bit more from now on. Seen the clip for Pantera's Revolution? They pay tribute to KISS by wearing the trademark makeup. Kiss is also loved by metallica and fear factory.

Who is to say hair metal isn't genuine metal? I guess its more hard rock in a way, but whatever. Back in its day is was the heaviest shit around pretty much.

anyone hear about an intruder stealing Ozzy's jewlery? haha, ozzy wrestling someone- thats something id love to see.

And yes, I am a chick.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Take me back to paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty..

TaaAAAaAaAkkKKEEE MEeeEEEEE HooOOOOOME.

flynn

Atotoi said:
I thought you were a dude... or.. are you?? :confused:

I dont know any homosexual dudes that listen to metal...
the singer from judas priest, rob halford, is actually gay

as for what i like

i have diverse interests so there isn't a lot of metal however what i do like is more at an extreme end i guess, i just like everything extreme cos i have a short attention span for anything less :)

napalm death, slayer, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (a great newish band deserves capitals), Decapitated, Morbid Angel, Faith no more sorta getting into them, Type O Negative, and if Helmet could be called metal, which they can't but they're heavy-as-fuck so i'll mention helmet anyway.

more mellow are the electric wizard and my dying bride, well, they're doom metal, but i just find it to be really mellow.

kyuss and queens of the stone age are awesome

oh and not to forget SABBATH and LED ZEPP except robert plant gets on my nerves after a while, especially with live stuff, he's good, but also annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mendo

HSC
Soulfly's cover of Helmets In the Mean time is good. I think its better than the original. Well thats just me.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
flynnx said:
the singer from judas priest, rob halford, is actually gay

as for what i like

i have diverse interests so there isn't a lot of metal however what i do like is more at an extreme end i guess, i just like everything extreme cos i have a short attention span for anything less :)

napalm death, slayer, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (a great newish band deserves capitals), Decapitated, Morbid Angel, Faith no more sorta getting into them, Type O Negative, and if Helmet could be called metal, which they can't but they're heavy-as-fuck so i'll mention helmet anyway.

more mellow are the electric wizard and my dying bride, well, they're doom metal, but i just find it to be really mellow.

kyuss and queens of the stone age are awesome

oh and not to forget SABBATH and LED ZEPP except robert plant gets on my nerves after a while, especially with live stuff, he's good, but also annoying.
So was Freddie Mercury of QUeen ( i know this isnt Metal but meh ).
He died of AIDS, but he made some great music...

"Galileo Galileo Galileo Figaro Magnificoooo-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

veridis

droog
HSC
queen should be mandatory listening for everyone. absolute class

in other news yay 100 posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)