Are There Procedures In Place For A Mislabeled Writing Booklet? (1 Viewer)

FluffyWuffy

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any procedures in place to remove human error in filling out the front of the writing booklets. I am worried that I have mislabeled or completely forgotten to put my student number on a writing booklet. I do not know which exam, but think it is highly likely due to exam pressure. My supervisor hasn't been checking either.

Does the board of Studies have procedures in place to rectify my possible errors?

Regards,

FluffyWuffy

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Before your supervisor packs up the papers to send them to the BOS they do check student numbers and centre numbers - and they collect them by students and in the order of the numbers from the BOS, which will be close to Alphabetical Order for your school but there are often exceptions when students change schools or enter the system later.

When the papers reach the BOS another clerical check is done ensuring that the student number and centre numbers are on all the booklets.

They then sort them according to what you have on the front cover but...don't worry is something is mislabelled.

If a marker gets the wrong question in their pile to what they are supposed to be marking they report it to their Supervisor of Marking (SM) who will return it to the clerical staff who will relabel it and send it to the correct section of the subject for marking there instead e.g.

say someone labelled their personality for Modern History as Leni - but when it reaches my table for marking (or my computer screen this year) and it turns out to be Conflict in Indo-China I will simply go to my SM, point it out to him/her and they will take it over from there so that the question will be marked by the right people.

This happens to a few students every year. Some students even manage to write all their response to one subject in one booklet but it is dealt with and the paper marked appropriately.

FluffyWuffy

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You are beginning to help. What if there is an incorrect digit in the student number on one of the booklets?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You are beginning to help. What if there is an incorrect digit in the student number on one of the booklets?
I think you're overworrying this, if you've got upcoming exams just make sure to check them twice if not three times. However, if you were to put the incorrect student number they will look at all the student numbers from your centre (assuming you don't get that wrong too.. it's much shorter though) and possibly just see which one looks closest to yours, my teacher mentioned that their marked by cohort (so the cohort is split into 4 or more depending on the size and marking goes to 4+ different markers).

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Also, after the results come out, if something does not look right you can get a copy of your paper to ensure that all your answers were marked.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Also, after the results come out, if something does not look right you can get a copy of your paper to ensure that all your answers were marked.
But won't it cost a tonne and also by the time you appeal for the extra marks first preferences are already over?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
$33 per course....

I do 6 courses...

$198 lol

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The papers that are being marked online are not marked in cohorts anymore but randomly.

As for the paper missing a number or having a wrong digit - as I said the supervisors check that every paper is marked properly with numbers etc as do the clerical people at the centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)