are we behind? (1 Viewer)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Lol james ruse starting calculus..in about a week aye:jaw:
and revising radians..:jaw:

thank you duckcowhybrid..i really appreciated that post :)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
And I'm in Maths7. Radians were part of our placement tests last year to determine classes. Radians aren't hard though, they're just another way of expressing the size of an angle. And I've done basic calculus at tutoring, so I already know Chain/Product/Quotient rules. I'm sorry if it shocks you. It's just... not that hard to go that fast?

dux&src

HSC
And I'm in Maths7. Radians were part of our placement tests last year to determine classes. Radians aren't hard though, they're just another way of expressing the size of an angle. And I've done basic calculus at tutoring, so I already know Chain/Product/Quotient rules. I'm sorry if it shocks you. It's just... not that hard to go that fast?
maths 7 ??? what's that supposed to mean?? 7th highest class?

xV1P3R

HSC
Mmm 8 Maths classes ranked with 1 being best. And 8 being the bottom/people doing 2 unit.

dux&src

HSC
Lol! i get it now duckcowhybrid :)

SO where is everyone else at in maths?

economics?

chem?

legal studies?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Physics: Every teacher will do this differently, but we are doing motion and types of motion, how to determine it etc.

Chemistry: We are going over Year 10 stuff really, or stuff I already knew somehow. Chemical compounds and the atom. The start of the chemical earth.

Maths: Although I'm accelerated (so my own progress is irrelevant) I go to the ext. 1 class and they are just finishing off absolute value and inequalities with the unknown in the denominator. Soon, they will go onto circle geometery.

Legal: I don't do it, but the class says they havn't done alot.

Moogie

HSC
alkanes, alkenes, alkynes in chemistry?
we did that at like the end of year eleven..
We're onto titrations and such..
Actually, our 4th assessment task is tomorrow..
lol. :D

dux&src

HSC
Physics: Every teacher will do this differently, but we are doing motion and types of motion, how to determine it etc.

Chemistry: We are going over Year 10 stuff really, or stuff I already knew somehow. Chemical compounds and the atom. The start of the chemical earth.

Maths: Although I'm accelerated (so my own progress is irrelevant) I go to the ext. 1 class and they are just finishing off absolute value and inequalities with the unknown in the denominator. Soon, they will go onto circle geometery.

Legal: I don't do it, but the class says they havn't done alot.
physics: CRO demonstration
chem: alkanes, alkenes, alykynes :(
legal: started sources of law
eco: impacts of the business cycle and circular flow of income model...:)
maths: having an exam soon on the first 2 chapters...
english: AoS analysis of texts

yy-d

HSC
dux&src: you stress a bit much. but that's a good thing, i tend to leave stressing till the end...which is bad.
and i should stop procrastinating about writing my notes X[

Bek93

HSC
This week in Chemistry we were doing molar equations. Um like mass / molar mass and dilutions, and enthalpy.
We're starting with the Water though, i think that is different to most?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
:S and you're doing your HSC for 2u this year? You better catch up! You've got a lot of work ahead of you if that's the case.

Brontecat

HSC
:S and you're doing your HSC for 2u this year? You better catch up! You've got a lot of work ahead of you if that's the case.
:eek: i thought i was doing ok, i've been averaging a topic a week!

am now motivated to finish even quicker

to anyone else thats accelerating 2U maths where are u up 2??

and :eek: at aquawhites maths and mx1 accelaration

Last edited:

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
:eek: i thought i was doing ok, i've been averaging a topic a week!

am now motivated to finish even quicker

to anyone else thats accelerating 2U maths where are u up 2??

and :eek: at aquawhites maths and mx1 accelaration
I'm accelerating too, and I have to admit we seem to be quite a fair bit ahead of you. We've done a lot of topics this year and right now, we're doing locus. I think we start calculus next week.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Yeah, We've finished Calculus and are revising for the half yearly. I'm not accelerating, but I'm doing MX1

pillar

HSC
In my MX1 we've finished polynomials and just started circle geometry.

Done shit all in Mathematics so far lol. Not accelerating btw.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
pillar: That's really far into the MX1 topic for non-accelerant! You are near the end of the preliminary topics! My school doesn't do MX in MX class or 2u in 2u, they just go along with the syllabus! hehe.

duckcowhybird: Up to calculus already? Way ahead... woot for fast learning. Make sure you revise calculus a lot. It's not as if it is an extremely hard topic to understand, just that there gets a lot to remember and everything can be linked with calculus (make it strong).

I'm accelerating (as you all know)... and is kinda hard. I was getting through about 2 topics per week sometimes 3 up until now... I'm slowing down at the moment and preparing for the mid-course exams. For Mathematics (2unit) I have finished all the work that I need to know for the mid-course exams but in MX1 I still have some more stuff and am currently doing Integration II + applications - primitives of cos^2x sin^2x - More Induction work.

Brontecat: I would be trying to make sure you have learnt everything AT LEAST 2 months before the HSC exams so you can practice over and over and perfect it. 1 topic a week will slowly catch you up. The reason I caught up so fast was because I needed to catch up to do the mid-course and because I was putting in a bare minimum of 1 - 1 1/2 hours of maths per night. I hope you can catch up soon!

What topic are you up to at the moment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)