Are we getting laptops next year? (from schools i mean) (1 Viewer)

Supaweak

HSC
hi another thread, just wanted to ask any other year 10 people here have you asked your year advisor, computers teacher, careers teacher or whatever if we're getting laptops next year? My IT teacher is against it and said we arent but my careers teacher (who me and my friends asked last week) said we were. And no I dont mean get laptops to keep but just those crap green ones to use and end up giving back to the school.

thanks for reading!

oh and just out of interest
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/22/content_9605171.htm

it looks like they actually get to keep theirs (i think)

Last edited:

Aznmichael92

HSC
sikhman said:
i don't think they'll be the $100 laptops, but i think schools will get laptops for students (although they remain the schools property)

but i'm not sure about timing....
i think you are right about schools property.

Well the government did say it was aiming to hand out lap tops by 2012? I think can't remember or 2010 but they might not be in power in 2012 so I assume 2010.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Well basically, the laptops will be the school's property, and you can use them in lessons. My school already has some (but we don't use them that much).

By the way, the article you mentioned is talking about the One Laptop Per Child movement. The ones that you guys will get will be regular laptops (like ones that you'd find at a computer store or whatever)

12o9

HSC
loooll. Apparently the laptops we're being provided with have a minimal amount of memory and can't be customised.

aimhigh10

HSC
ohh i was getting my hopes up but then as i read further down the page..
it would be good if they do introduce laptops though
i think the governments already introducing a education bonus where we get i think $800 back from all educational purchases or something! don't quote me though

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
haven't you worked out that this is probably another 'non-core' promise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)