are you a english or maths person? (1 Viewer)

are you a english or maths person?

• english

Votes: 50 23.4%
  • maths

Votes: 85 39.7%
  • both (ext.)><

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • both (adv.)

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • neither lol

Votes: 21 9.8%

• Total voters

Saccharine

bungee-jumping muggle
HSC
I prefer English to Maths. But, i absolutely despise essays. I find them to be a waste of time.. o.e

nrs1990

HSC
I'm fairly equal...

For the lower unit levels, I do slightly better in the English, but for the 4 units, my ranks are fairly close (which probably means I'm doing better in the maths, since more people do it).

Enjoyment-wise, I like creative writing more than anything else at school, but I prefer a challenging maths question to an essay.

So, I guess that makes me both.

I'm not a science person, though. ;)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I hate maths so very very much. I would never drop the subject though because general maths is easy marks.
But that doesn't mean it isn't boring. Because it's seriously almost as boring as year 7 - 10 science.

But English is great. I love reading and analysing texts and the fact that there is never just one correct answer. It's more creative I think.
I also actually like writing essays.

verdades

HSC
Cinnamonster said:
I hate maths so very very much. I would never drop the subject though because general maths is easy marks.
But that doesn't mean it isn't boring. Because it's seriously almost as boring as year 7 - 10 science.

But English is great. I love reading and analysing texts and the fact that there is never just one correct answer. It's more creative I think.
I agree, the analysing in English is great. I love being able to recognise techniques and elements within a genre or work.
Essays aren't actually bad, either.

And I tend to be better at maths, and then better at english.

0hNivlek

HSC
English ftw. I did like Maths over English but then i got like 50ish% for the first assessment (damn you probability), i prefer english now LOL.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
0hNivlek said:
English ftw. I did like Maths over English but then i got like 50ish% for the first assessment (damn you probability), i prefer english now LOL.
I prefer math by a mile but i'm good at both although math is easier for me.

Probability sucks... they should save it for general maths/relevant degrees in uni.

sirfeathers

HSC
I'm better at maths, though i enjoy both. But HSC English sucked the life out of me...

selablad

HSC
annabackwards said:
Probability sucks...
QFT.

All of my subjects are maths/science, except for English. I find maths and science logical, elegant and beautiful (exceptions: statistics, and, as stated above, probability. :mad: ). I do enjoy English classes as a nice change from my other subjects, though. There's a lot more room for stimulating debate and whatnot when you're discussing the Crucible than when you're studying matrix multiplication...

bored.of.u

HSC
maths 4 sure...i guess im a more number person although my english mark beat my maths mark this year...i dunno how...><

HSC
definatly both.
i enjoy english more though. although i dropped ext. english at the end of prelim due to the bad texts we had to study :(

Sayangliss

HSC
lol can i get a polling option that says both (ext2)?? :p

I enjoy both - each has their pros and cons, so sorta balances out.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
is2buddaflies said:
LOL weird post, i noe. Lately ive been noticing that most of the ppl in my school are either best at maths, english or both
Maths is better, has much more practical applications to society, english is just a load of trash, how does reading shakespeare make me smarter, that is the past, we live in the future

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Cinnamonster said:

god!, u are one sad as person, look at the subjects you do:
English Advanced +
General Mathematics +
Music 1 +
Visual Arts +\
Ancient History +
Modern History

all i see is english, history, music, art and general math (which is baby stuff)what the hell kind of subjects are they!
all easy writing and memorising subjects
HA!- how can art and music even be counted as subjects?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
random-1005 said:
god!, u are one sad as person, look at the subjects you do:
English Advanced +
General Mathematics +
Music 1 +
Visual Arts +\
Ancient History +
Modern History

all i see is english, history, music, art and general math (which is baby stuff)what the hell kind of subjects are they!
all easy writing and memorising subjects
HA!- how can art and music even be counted as subjects?
Sigh.
I feel sorry for you.

Oh and I am fully aware of what subjects I am taking. You didn't have to repeat them to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)