Are you allowed to use a V8 in the P's test? (1 Viewer)

rowdyroddy

HSC
Yeh i use a V8 on my L's, am i allowed to use it on the P's test, with the RTA officer etc.
I wont be using the V8 after though cos not allowed, but just to past the test n all.

Predator78

HSC
From what I know, yes you are allowed to drive it on your P test as you are still "supervised". Afterwards as you mentioned, you aren't able to.

Thats from what I know the last time I checked.

Cheers:)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I also think you can use it for your P's test but best to double check with your local RTA first (also take down the name of the person you speak to in case you need to argue/prove a point later).

jmakowiak

HSC
I gotta tell ya, it really is the stupidest rule ever. It's like saying "it's okay to drive around in a V8 while you're on your L's, but it's more like putting $2 in a ride at a fair cause you won't be using it on your P's".
:p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I gotta tell ya, it really is the stupidest rule ever. It's like saying "it's okay to drive around in a V8 while you're on your L's, but it's more like putting $2 in a ride at a fair cause you won't be using it on your P's".
:p
But under supervision is a totally different thing when driving a powerful car.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
If your a male, don't use it in your test. It sounds ridiculous but RTA officers love failing males in powerful cars, or just males in general because they assume their 'hoons'. Its stupid but it happens.

rowdyroddy

HSC
well the car isnt exactly a powerful car
nothing like a muscle car or anything
just a holden caprice
its just big thats all, but yeh it does go quite fast and fast acceleration.
same with a lot of the big bmw and mercedes, using v8, even toyota 4wd

would be a different story if i was using a built up muscle v8.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If your a male, don't use it in your test. It sounds ridiculous but RTA officers love failing males in powerful cars, or just males in general because they assume their 'hoons'. Its stupid but it happens.
load of shit.

Edit: Yeah its clearly just their family car, if its allowed it will have no effect on how they mark you.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
[QU gOTE=Riet;4602082]load of shit.

Edit: Yeah its clearly just their family car, if its allowed it will have no effect on how they mark you.[/QUOTE]

at the rta in my town it happens all the time. Perhaps our driving testers are sexist but they fail males significantly more than they do girls.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
load of shit.

Edit: Yeah its clearly just their family car, if its allowed it will have no effect on how they mark you.
Maybe so, but I reckon all other factors held equal, the good kid driving a Corolla is probably going to be less likely to create a preexisting disposition/bias than the hard**** with a R34 GTR or S15.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Nah I seriously doubt they are sexist, guys are just over-confidant.

If someone was doing their test in an R34 GT-R and I was testing I'd be like "how about I drive and you pass automagically."

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah I seriously doubt they are sexist, guys are just over-confidant.

If someone was doing their test in an R34 GT-R and I was testing I'd be like "how about I drive and you pass automagically."
I don't think gender will really matter if someone is doing their test in an R34 with huge chromies. lols.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
true, but that's because the instructor would hate them for putting chromies on a GT-R.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
It doesnt matter how much the RTA doesnt like boys, you cant fail if you fucking drive properly

chuboy

HSC
Fags drive ricers.

Anyways, the RTA officially states that you can take the P's test in any class-C vehicle, which includes both this:

and this:

Props to anyone who tries to attempt their P's test in a truck though XD

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
why

thats only a light truck

probably easier to drive than most cars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)