Are you guys buying a yearly ticket ??? (1 Viewer)

brachester

HSC
What is the most economical tickets from Central to UNSW? i'll go there 5 days a week. Sorry i'm still a bit unfamiliar with the system

HSC
Take a look at the cityrail MyMulti zoning map, and you'll either be in zone 1, 2 or 3. 1 being closest towards sydney CBD and 3 being furtherst away.

Open up the pdf and see where you live and what zone you're in. If you're going to be there 5 days, and are using the train to get to central, strongly consider mymulti.

http://www.cityrail.info/tickets/which/mymulti

HSC
Sorry forgot to mention - assuming you aren't familiar with the mymulti system, they cover buses+trains+ferries+trams (light rail) in one ticket. Usually these tickets are economical for people who are travelling 30 minutes + to get to uni, and are travelling for more than 3 days a week.

Here's a list of how much each ticket will cost, you do your own calculations :p Just one thing I don't know is, how many sections the bus travels through from central to UNSW :/ http://www.131500.com.au/tickets/fares

Cornspiracy

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure (mightbewrong) that child tickets cost the same as student tickets....

Everything's pretty much been mentioned but if you're one of those last minute people (me) then getting a Multi is super handy because you don't want to be rushing for the train, especially if you have to change transport, and have to pause and stop to buy a new train ticket every day. Might be worth it just for the convenience factor :p

Also they are pretty handy for going out on Friday nights/weekends, because you don't have to worry about needing change to pay for the train or bus.

HSC
Yep. Child, student and half fare are all the same price :) The cheapest ticket you could ever get is the pensioner $2.50 ticket :p

jamesfirst

HSC
return ticket is different price for child and student isn't it ?

HSC
Sorry, you're correct :) It's only a child ticket which has an off peak return price range, which is cheaper - but that is the only difference from a student ticket price. Student tickets don't have these. All explained here on the ticket calculator http://cityrail.info/tickets/fare_calculator.htm
Adult and child tickets have off peak.
Child tickets are for 16 and younger, so it's not even worth the drama to stooge them for a child ticket to get a cheaper off peak return.

acemusic415

HSC
I have only three days a week for university, so MyMulti2 will be unnecessary for me. So I'm getting 3 return tickets (train) and mybus 10. This will work out to be cheaper, cos I will have leftover bus tickets (around 4) for the following week, which will be more cost-effective.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I have only three days a week for university, so MyMulti2 will be unnecessary for me. So I'm getting 3 return tickets (train) and mybus 10. This will work out to be cheaper, cos I will have leftover bus tickets (around 4) for the following week, which will be more cost-effective.
If you're doing that, the longer term MyTrain tickets might be worth it as well, since there's concessions for those

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)