are you screwed for ancient or what? (1 Viewer)

HSC
in the other threads most people that do ancient history have said that they are screwed..

are you screwed for ancient ? why? what topics are you 100% going to fail- or barely pass????

i think if i end up failing one of the topics its going to be the essay, Greece 800-500 BC

:(:(:(:(

anyways good luck to everyone and try your hardest:)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Doing ok with Pompeii now (unless they ask something bad I just have not much idea on/don't care about, like food and dinning). Little screwed for NK Egypt->Thutmose IV if they don't ask one of these 6 essays I've got prepared (or the concept in general). Hatshepsut is going to depend on question also, Mycenae I think I should be ok too.. again depending on questions asked lol.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I think i'm actually okay for Ancient :)
Minoan; Summarised last summer :D
CORE; Meh
NKE > Thut I; just about finished summarising internal
Hatshepsut; Nothing yet but revising bits of stuff cause of NKE

Aceagain

HSC
Ancient should be fine, the only topic which is bothersome is our Political Revolution in Rome. Only problems is just not letting it slip into our personality, Tiberius Gracchus, too much,:mad1:

courtneyrobbo

HSC
definitely screwed for ancient.

ive just spent 2 weeks learning the core, and i havent started Q3 - conservation, methods, any of that.

ath society, screwed.

pericles, screwed.

persian wars, semi-screwed.

im so devo ancient is ONE DAY after english. Why?? WHY!?!?!

any advice for no. 1 crammer in the world?? :)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Ok, I have paper II, Geography and Ancient History back to back. I have therefore come to the conclusion that this image sums up what's going on in my head.

Keskimo

HSC
anyone want to make any prediction questions for the core? i'm screwed if they ask something on political life in pompeii, in fact, ididn't learn half of the syllabus in class, oh, a year ago. and for the ten marker there's only so much you can write for, say, conservation so they better write a combined investigation/conservation question. nevermind me now i'm just rambling.
how much do you guys write for the 25 mark essay?

purplepixie

HSC
I am indeed screwed.

Mostly for the Greek World. That 25 mark essay... not good.

mnbvcxzlkjhgfds

HSC
Well im fairly confident with Pompeii- they pretty much always ask a quesion 2 do with preserving and reconstructing the past, and the different archaeologists etc, for the 10 marker..
Sparta i think will be ok 2
The big issue is gona be the 25 mark essay... thats gona be the worst part i reckon, coz with New kingdom- death Thut IV they can ask like 8 diff questions...the co-regency, military campaigns...growth of Amun cult, significance of building programs, expansion of economy, expulsion of Hyksos, and contributions of Thut IV. However they could ask something different 2 these even! Lord help us...i think a bit of BS will be needed. BTW how many pages would be expected for 25 marks? And how many sources should be used?

Eusebius

Oxford Member
HSC
i know that this is quite a trivial question, but when one does the personality with Parts A/B..is it one booklet for the section or separate booklets for each part?

Im only asking this because in my trials examination, it was a booklet a part

Any ideas???

NobodyKnows

HSC
Historical Period, I'm gooone!! Fingers crossed I go alright for the other 3 sections and my internal mark keeps me going!!

madelyn

HSC
I am so, unbelievably screwed for ancient. I don't find it particulalry interesting so it's hard to remember, and I've already forgotten half the stuff I've studied. I haven't so much at glanced at anything P+H related since we studied it...last year. If my internal mark is 89, which is pretty good....and I completely fail the exam and say get...70ish - what would my final mark end up being? Like...would it get scaled all the way down to 70? I have 11 units and am happy with all my other subjects, so I'm just going to hope that half of ancient doesn't count for me.

karoooh

HSC
Fine for Core and Sparta - Pretty sure I'll get close to 25 in both. Fall of the Republic is another matter. HATE the subject. Cleopatra's ok. Except we spent the least amount of time on this topic. Like 1-1.5 mths. :(:(

tiramisu25489

HSC
oh yes I am!!!
Well, it depends
Pompei - depends if they ask me stupid questions, like.. a 4 mark question on the features of an Atrium, I am not that elite :(
Sparta - once again, depends... I like Sparta.. so...
Hatshepsut - DEPENDS.. HAHA.. I don't know.. I like some Qs, don't like some..
Greek World- Definitely screwed. Bye marks.

*prays to the gods of pompei, sparta, egypt, greece, rome and wherever that we get alright questions*

s1mplykat

HSC
Core Study: Cities of Vesuvius – Pompeii and Herculaneum = UNPREPAREED AND UTTERLY DOOMED

Greece: Spartan society to the Battle of Leuctra 371 BC =PREPARED

Greece: Cleopatra VII =PREPARED

Rome: The fall of the Republic 78 – 31 BC =PREPARED

...although i still think its fuking ridiculous how much they expect us to learn..

1harkina

HSC
Im so worried
the exam starts in 2 hrs

hatshepsut _ easy
pompeii_ ok
minoans _ i hate them
NKE_ dont have a clue

ellirene

HSC
yeah we have half yearlys next week.
although we seem to be studying easier subjects than all of you!
in our half yearlys we are doing
hatchepsut
ramesside period
and studying augustus & his reforms.
although its hard to memorize everything with
quotes and all :S

musicka

HSC
ok i need some massive consoling :(

i just got my half yearlies result back and omfg - 60%!!! and i feel so fken dumb because everyone at my school is massively smart. pretty sure i'm at the bottom of the ladder compared to everyone

doesn't help that i got like 70% in my last one , which wasn't worth as much but the one i got today is.

AND, i failed extension english!! i have 11 units and so i have to atleast do well in ancient

any good advice people on what i can do to improve? or anyone in my boat? :(

Last edited:
HSC
How much are they both worth? Like 35% etc..

And no matter what mark you get there's still the 50% of your HSC exams :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)