• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are you thinking about movign out of home?? (1 Viewer)

ladybug89

HSC
I was wondering is anyone here thinking about moving out of home?
When?
Why?
And what age is too young to move out.

---------------
Well im planing to move out as soon as i finish hsc which is next year because my mum is moving back to thailand so i kindder have to move anyway.But i would move out even if she wasnt moving back to thailand due to parents are driving me insane.

My boyfrined asked if i wanted to go stay with him and his parents after i finish hsc,which he already discuss this with his family and they agree on letting me stay.The thing is should i go and stay there? I want to .. but would it be weird? Or should i just get a place by myself?

Please have your say.
thank you.
:)

Darkening

HSC
Stay with your boyfriend, he sounds like a really caring person.

My friend moved out when she was 16 but thats only because she hated her parents so much (and the fact shes emo).

When should you move out, when you move out atleast make sure you have enough money to stay on your feet, and remember moving out is a big thing not just a bump in life.

Move in with your boyfriend, you should feel special with him inviting you over. Im sure you will make the right choice :)

ladybug89

HSC
Darkening said:
Stay with your boyfriend, he sounds like a really caring person.

My friend moved out when she was 16 but thats only because she hated her parents so much (and the fact shes emo).

When should you move out, when you move out atleast make sure you have enough money to stay on your feet, and remember moving out is a big thing not just a bump in life.

Move in with your boyfriend, you should feel special with him inviting you over. Im sure you will make the right choice :)
thanks for thats.
really appreciate it

dora_18

HSC
nah, i don't think id move in with a bf, i mean what happens when you break up? you're going to have to do the whole "moving out" thing all over.

lol, at the moment im quite content at home and thriving off my parents for everything...i couldn't imagine going to uni and working just to barely scrape through rent and bills.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
dora_18 said:
nah, i don't think id move in with a bf, i mean what happens when you break up? you're going to have to do the whole "moving out" thing all over.

lol, at the moment im quite content at home and thriving off my parents for everything...i couldn't imagine going to uni and working just to barely scrape through rent and bills.
Hehe, me too.

My parents don't want me moving out too soon either. And I'm perfectly happy to stay home until I graduate or even a bit longer than that.

Main reason being I love my parents and if I moved out, I'd be too busy trying to make money to pay bills and rent to see them. Also because my grandparents live close by and it's nice having everyone around.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm living with my boyfriend. I moved in officially about 8 months ago (so a year and a half after the HSC). But I had moved out prior to that to his place during year 12. That's was a big joke.

So I've done

Moving in with boyfriend during Year 12 (17 years old)
Moved back (18 years old)
Moved out of home to a place myself with two strangers. It was fun, but I still felt really lonely.... (still 18 years old)
Moved in with boyfriend 1.5 years after the HSC (18 to 19 years old)

But anyway, about the boyfriend thing, well it could be weird, and this whole thing about what if you break up - just make sure you have a place to fall back on, a good wad of cash, and a lot of supportive people. I mean REALLY supportive.

Other than that, if you really want to move, I think the best thing would be move in with a group of friends. Like four friends in a house........

Last edited:

dora_18

HSC
Nakashima said:
Hehe, me too.

My parents don't want me moving out too soon either. And I'm perfectly happy to stay home until I graduate or even a bit longer than that.

Main reason being I love my parents and if I moved out, I'd be too busy trying to make money to pay bills and rent to see them. Also because my grandparents live close by and it's nice having everyone around.
exactly, i mean i probably SHOULD get a job and save some of my own money, but even if i do i couldn't imagine using the amount you earn in that week to support myself if i was living by myself, where do all the luxury items come in!
in fact id be spending the majority of it on more clothes&shoes :p

i guess not everyone can stay at home, and eveyone has a different living situation, but i think if you're ok at home its better to stay there

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
dora_18 said:
in fact id be spending the majority of it on more clothes&shoes :p
My parents give me money for everything except clothes, so it's quite logical, really, to spend all my money on clothes and shoes. :p

I'm getting out of that bad habit though. Me and my friend are going to abstain from shopping for the whole semester. If we can do it, then well, we'll go on a shopping spree at the end of the year. Or I'll decide to just save the money... yeah right.

dora_18

HSC
i couldn't leave my beloved pets

or i guess my family&friends as well:p

Darkening

HSC
It all really depends if she is going to break up with her boyfriend, and from what I have heard. They are not going to break up, and its best to keep positive, why do people think everyone is going to break up?

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
im thinking about moving out but i wont for a while. i have it too good. and i am jobless :(

i want to move out in a few years time, when i have a good job or at least a direction in life and i want to move into an apartment with friends. but only if its not dodgy with people not respecting each other (ie party at the apartment without my permission or soemthing gay when i really need my sleep) but i cant see myself moving out too soon.

reason why? cos independance, freedom, part of growing up, etc.

too early to leave home would be if someoen couldnt support themselves, ie relying on parents for rent and stuff. its so immature, even if your parents are rich dont do it. well. you can, i mean my opinion isnt going to stop you. but i think its jsut stupid, i would want to support myself, it would be my only reason for leaving home and i dont get why someone would leave home to be independant but then rely on their parents financially.

but yeh. as soon as you can support yourself then youll be old enough imo

dora_18

HSC
too early to leave home would be if someoen couldnt support themselves, ie relying on parents for rent and stuff. its so immature, even if your parents are rich dont do it
whats wrong with making full use of your parents money? getting them to spoil you and not having to work as well as go to uni
even when they die you inherit everything:p

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
dora_18 said:
whats wrong with making full use of your parents money? getting them to spoil you and not having to work as well as go to uni
even when they die you inherit everything:p
i said in my opinion the whole reason i would move out would be for independance and knowing that they had control of that (ie i couldnt financially support myself and they could cut off my rent, etc. at any time) would be essential for me

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'll move out when I have the money to. Right now, I'm lucky if I get one full shift a week out of work.

I'd just move into a tiny place in the city, though, not hours away. That way, I can come home weekly and stay for dinner, and steal food from the cupboard. Hehe.
And my bf would crash with me, so I wouldn't be too lonely. I love the idea of doing my own groceries, cooking my own food, cleaning my own mess (yes, the idea of nobody else messing up my bathroom is awesome to me).

And my pets are a budgie and fish, so they're moveable.

jest

HSC
i really like the idea of moving out after high school and living independantly or with my friends, but not until i've got the finances to do so. i guess i'll still be living at home for awhile:)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I just turned 18 and in the process of finding a place to move out in approx a month or two at the moment. Ive found a job that can pay me well enough to move out by myself. The reason why im moving out is because i have very over-controlling parents. I can go out and what not, but when it comes to making my own decisions, working, cleaning up my own mess, making friends, my uni degree, etc- they control everything. Its come to a point when i feel i dnt want to be controlled anymore and that its my life and i should be the one to decide for myself what i want to do with my life and my future. Oh and theyre very whingy and nagging and i cant stand it. Theyre overprotectiveness is unbearable and whilst i understand that they really care about me, i just want them to realise that im not a kid and im responsible enough to look after myself. I think this is the only way they can realise it and stop treating me and raising me up as a spoilt brat. Plus, itd be convenient for me to move closer to the city and uni for obvious study and work reasons.

I have to move out only by MYSELF because my best friend decided to dog me and sign the lease papers with someone else. She had initially wanted to move in with me and we have been planning to do so for 2years. The point of telling you this was that, people change their minds over time. YOu may think its a brilliant idea now but then you come to realise that it may not, considering you will get use to the idea and in turn start seeing the roots of many problems since you havent moved out before. Also, if you break up and no longer want to see each other- you have to realise that because youre moving in with your boyfriend- youre limiting many options because youre relying on HIM and his family who may or may not be as supportive as they appear to be at first because youre basically living with them and they are in total control of you...if this makes any sense? lol

There is no "too young age"to move out imo. As long as you have any money to support yourself, youre mature and responsible enough to look after yourself, you have enough initiative to do so and so long as you can balance your priorities- then you should be fine. This can be different for everyone- you can be 15 or even 25 when you reach this stage.

Last edited:

dodgyfilokid

HSC
I am seriously considerin moving out after HSC..just before I start uni coz I cant stand my stepdad any longer..we aint kindred spirits..he controls too much and can be a nasty pain in d arse....although i have to get a more decent job than what I have to make moving out a lot easier on the pocket..and like Ill move in to shared accomodation to cut down on expenses.

Redgoddess

HSC
i'm moving out after the hsc, cos i cant be arsed commuting from wollongong to sydney everyday... but then i'mmoving in with my nan lol so i dunno if it really counts. i'm gonna have to get me a job and pay monies towards bills and shit though, so yeah. after i've done that for a coupla years and i've found my feet i might move into an apartment with mates or something. i dunno. we'll see what happens.

loopy4eva

HSC
I am thinkin of moving out but not by myself with my sister and our friend.... i think it would be better to move outwith friends then to move out into your boyfriends place only becaues... if something happenin's in the future an you guys break up or watever what are you gunna do then??? if it was me in this situation i would get the moving out into my ownplace first becaues you'll know what to do an what places are good an shit like that...:)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i moved out nearly two years ago now at the end of year 12 and im glad i did because i was going insane... its good to go back and see the family and all but i could never live with them again oh no sir

my advice would be to get your own place. what if you and your man dont work out? where will you be? licking sauce out of garbage bins out the back of resteraunts homeless.

and besides having your own place is quite fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)