• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Armed Bank robber shot dead by Guards (1 Viewer)

Just.Snaz

HSC
Australia's turning into America. Since when do we think that it's okay to kill people for a crime?

HE WAS TRYING TO STEAL MONEY! Is that how much value you have for money? Or even how much you are against the principle of stealing?

And so what if he was ethnic or whatever. I can't emphasise the impact of stereotypes in society. Learn to use your brain and look at the situation practically. Man trying to steal money. This equals death?

Yeah let's just kill everyone for doing wrong. Then the world will be a better place.

He didn't deserve it. He was human just like you.

Azurie

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Australia's turning into America. Since when do we think that it's okay to kill people for a crime?

HE WAS TRYING TO STEAL MONEY! Is that how much value you have for money? Or even how much you are against the principle of stealing?

And so what if he was ethnic or whatever. I can't emphasise the impact of stereotypes in society. Learn to use your brain and look at the situation practically. Man trying to steal money. This equals death?

Yeah let's just kill everyone for doing wrong. Then the world will be a better place.

It wasn't for stealing, he had a weapon to, whats the point of employing security? what so you think its right for everyone to just rob banks and get away with it?. You can't expect to rob a armourgard when they are prepared to deal with these situations and come of unharmed.
You have to use your brain and know the situation.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Azurie said:
It wasn't for stealing, he had a weapon to, whats the point of employing security?
Security, or rather, any person for that fact, does not hold the right to kill another human.

what so you think its right for everyone to just rob banks and get away with it?.
Just because someone isn't KILLED doesn't mean they got away with it.

You can't expect to rob a armourgard when they are prepared to deal with these situations and come of unharmed.
Unharmed? He DIED.

You have to use your brain and know the situation.
No. YOU have to use your brain and know the situation.

No matter the circumstance, no one has the right to determine whether someone deserves death. And especially in a case of stealing and posession of a weapon. Rape, barbaric torture, they may challenge the belief. But this is just pathetic.

Do you honestly understand the severity of death?

Azurie

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
No matter the circumstance, no one has the right to determine whether someone deserves death. And especially in a case of stealing and posession of a weapon. Rape, barbaric torture, they may challenge the belief. But this is just pathetic.

Do you honestly understand the severity of death?
Do you understand someone robbing you with a gun, while the other person holds a shotgun? are you saying if you had a gun, and someone put a gun to your head you would say, hmmm Im going to wait till who shoots first, geez, use your fucking brain.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
"Police sources say he was known to them as a drug dealer and gang member"
My local chemist is a well known drug dealer and a gang member by definition.

But as some have said before its mostly the fault of the Lebanese community.
I disagree with that point ZabZu. As I stated previously, there is a shown correlation between poverty and crime. It's been proven, time and time again. I also cited a specific general causal factor as to why that specific group would be more prone to poverty.

Members of the Lebanese Muslim community are more likely to commit a crime compared to most ethnic groups
As I stated, that is a problem of circumstance, not of culture or religion or whatever else you may be trying to say.

I heard a few months ago in the SMH that people in the community are marrying members of their extended family.
Finally something which we can agree on. What you're saying is quite uncommon but nevertheless is true. It is not totally out of the ordinary for two cousins to marry, as is a generally unpracticed Lebanese tradition.

I personally wouldn't do it. But then again, I wouldn't fault somebody if they did.

Also, as to the side debate. I think I summarised that pretty well on an earlier page. It's not right to kill somebody for armed robbery. Armed robbery would not be a capital offence, even if we had capital punishment in this country. Heck, armed robbery isn't even a capital offence in the countries which do the most of it. But, the security guard had every right to defend himself. It's unfortunate that the man died, but the security guard had the right to safety.

ZabZu

HSC
sam04u said:
I disagree with that point ZabZu. As I stated previously, there is a shown correlation between poverty and crime. It's been proven, time and time again. I also cited a specific general causal factor as to why that specific group would be more prone to poverty.
Poverty is a major issue but there is also an attitude problem with many Lebanese men. The two of them combined is why they are overrepresented in the criminal statistics.

Azurie

HSC
ZabZu said:
Poverty is a major issue but there is also an attitude problem with many Lebanese men. The two of them combined is why they are overrepresented in the criminal statistics.
Attitude problem is present but its not enough to make a generlisation. But it does exist, and you can't deny Sam that it isn't a problem

TacoTerrorist

HSC

Best post in the thread. Americanisation is bleeding this country.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
Yeah, if it's American to kill a fucker who tries to rob you then change the anthem to the Stars spangled banner.

one dead lebo crim is one step closer to a better australia. sorry for your loss taco terrorist. hope you have many more of your family members shot dead in armed robberies.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
He was trying to start a new life! I feel sorry for him, shot dead while working so hard for a better society. No wait, he was commiting armed robbery. I'm glad he's dead. Should castrate his family too so they don't give birth to any more cunts.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
They pulled guns on security guards. They knew the consequences. They would have been shot at almost anywhere; it's got nothing to do with America. It's sad somebody died, but I also have no sympathy.

People need to know they can't fuck with Armaguard, or shit like this will become more common.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
He was trying to start a new life! I feel sorry for him, shot dead while working so hard for a better society. No wait, he was commiting armed robbery. I'm glad he's dead. Should castrate his family too so they don't give birth to any more cunts.
hahaha!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Yeah I'm sorry it's a sad state where someone has to die for property but he forfeited his life the moment he drew a gun on another armed human being. The way I see it, it's just another dead scumbag.

This is pretty much how I feel.

When you draw a gun on someone who has a gun, somebody's probably going to get shot.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Which... one of you bitches... wants to dance?

Just.Snaz

HSC
Azurie said:
Do you understand someone robbing you with a gun, while the other person holds a shotgun? are you saying if you had a gun, and someone put a gun to your head you would say, hmmm Im going to wait till who shoots first, geez, use your fucking brain.
Can you read?

Never did I say that it was the guard's fault to have shot someone who endagered their life and the lives of others.

But what I did say was that HE DID NOT DESERVE IT.

I'm commenting about how everyone thinks this guy deserved it when no one deserves death. THAT'S IT.

And don't tell me to use my fucking brain when you don't even know what I'm saying.

ZabZu

HSC
He didnt deserve to die but the guard probably felt his life was in danger. Guards have guns for a reason, its not just for show.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Ethnicity is pertinent here, regardless of what some believe.

The very fact that persons of Lebanese descent barely make up 3% of the Australian population yet represent such an extraordinary percentage of organised crime highlights the relevance of the issue. I implore anyone who questions the relevance of ethnicity to crime, to take some time to observe those with whom police deal everyday or actually enter the coalface.

Whites, blacks, asians and middle eastern persons all commit crime. That point is not in question. What is in question however, is the immense over representation of particular segments of our community in the criminal justice system.

Sure, the arguments will flow highlighting the prejudice inherent in the system, however I see that as a cop out. Those who actually enter the system do so, because attention is brought to themselves via their behaviour or actions. Contact may be derived from stereotypes, however contact in itself does not equate to an entry into the system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, we all have choices. Dib made a choice which ultimately cost him his life. The fact he did lose his life, should not absolve the responsibility on his part to make respectable choices.

/rant

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Can you read?

Never did I say that it was the guard's fault to have shot someone who endagered their life and the lives of others.

But what I did say was that HE DID NOT DESERVE IT.

I'm commenting about how everyone thinks this guy deserved it when no one deserves death. THAT'S IT.

And don't tell me to use my fucking brain when you don't even know what I'm saying.
I think he deserved it. By pulling a gun on an armed guard he reliquished his right not to be shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)