Around 3 weeks to go - what position are you in? (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: :(

lol a lot of you are bagging out this tommykins person - how many of you REALLY dont give any shit about your hsc?

you guys stress, you guys have aims - they dont have to be 99+, but yeah, you'd definately like to get your aim and get into the course you want.

thats what this tommykins person is, methinks - saying: that those people who completely disregard the importance of the HSC at all, are exaggerating. if it was so useless, it wouldn't exist.
not to say that it's THE only way to succeed, pft, hell no. but it is A way to get where you want.

simple.

G

gaoOO

-pari- said:
lol a lot of you are bagging out this tommykins person - how many of you REALLY dont give any shit about your hsc?
a small minority of people here. I'd say <1%

Not that i'm trying to say that HSC should be your life, but as pari said, everyone probably has aims. I admit i'll be disappointed if i don't get the UAI i am aiming for, but it's not the end of the world and i even think i need the UAI i'm aiming for to get into the uni course i want.

That said, maybe i should go study :bomb:

I need to ace the HSC to make up for some of my internals.

beentherdunthat

HSC
It's better to stress than not to stress.

Current mental status: Insane. But not Stressing. ;)

xsavagex

HSC

i am no where near finishing notes but i hope to have finished them by 2 weeks till hsc and then do exams until then.

i'm stressing majorly but not so much because i want to get the UAI i want, but because of the pressure from my dad, otherwise i reckon i'd be less stressed.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Lol, I didn't mean it in a way that its the do or die kind of thing, but really - pari summed it all up. If you truly don't give a shti about it, why are you even here? On a board dedicated to studying.

And no, I don't really "stress", in fact i got a few exams up and ive not even spent an hour studying yet, but to say that "yea everyone will be fine even if they fuck up HSC" isn't a good mindset for life.

Living is of balance, I'd sure as hell work my ass off for 2-3 yrs and get myself settled for the next 10+ yrs than spend all my HSC time partying and not put any effort into something that's a pretty big stepping stone in life (finishing school, entering Uni/work force etc.)

And so what if I'm an 08'er? Are we going to dot he whole omg ur yonug so that means you're stupid kind of thing?

So magpam - why are you still in school if you're laughing at me for taking the hSC seriously? Hell, why not just qu it school, you obviously can live a full and happy life without school and the hSC, cause its unimportant n shiz.

samuel slack

HSC

I don't think that magpam was going to use the whole "omg ur young so that means you're stupid kind of thing", but honestly, you're only in year 11... I would take the preliminary year 3 years in a row rather than doing year 12. The stress level is just soooo much higher, and then you heap all the other crap that this year involves (forms for uni, formals, parties, 18ths, parties, did i mention parties? ... etc, etc...)

But, I would agree with you and say that the HSC is important, and obviously nearly everyone on these forums finds it important (or why would they be here), and it's the easiest path for those of us who wish to get into uni. So, in conclusion, we all have goals and are taking the hsc seriously... well most of us. :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

-pari- said:

you guys stress, you guys have aims - they dont have to be 99+, but yeah, you'd definately like to get your aim and get into the course you want.

thats what this tommykins person is, methinks - saying: that those people who completely disregard the importance of the HSC at all, are exaggerating. if it was so useless, it wouldn't exist.
not to say that it's THE only way to succeed, pft, hell no. but it is A way to get where you want.

simple.
And to lose the exaggeration of the pressures of the HSC as a means of establishing a common bond between year 12 students from all around New South Wales, acting as a stepping stone to getting to know each other and as an easy source of humour and releasing of stress? No way :)[comment]Hello people. Good day to you all :)[/comment]

-pari-

HSC
N/A

hahahaha - tuche`. ^ i had to read that twice, but nice call. :) ;)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC

Yeap, I'm still constructing my chemistry 'Shipwrecks' practical notes since I've been forced to teach it to myself.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
haha im very very very behind
esp in terms of notes for humanities subjects and math practice
but i'm not particuarlly worried since i feel v. motivated to work
:)

KirrynAlane

HSC

yoakim said:
Yeap, I'm still constructing my chemistry 'Shipwrecks' practical notes since I've been forced to teach it to myself.

i had to teahc it to myself too :(

worst topic ever.

bmwz4

HSC
nichhhole said:
haha im very very very behind
esp in terms of notes for humanities subjects and math practice
but i'm not particuarlly worried since i feel v. motivated to work
:)
ur always motivated choles :)

LatK7

HSC
Position, eh? Not bad, actually.

Notes are finished. Have done a few past papers.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
bmwz4 said:
ur always motivated choles :)
haha awww thanks krum..
thats a bit of a worry seeing as it hasn't really paid off before :p
but realistically my motivation is just me trying to motivate others which inturn hopefully motivates me..
blah it doesnt quite work like that
:(!
haha oh well!

Sofstar

HSC
I'm still doing my chem option notes too. Damn pracs that i can't remember doing.

Pari, i think many people would be in the same boat! There's still 3 and 1/2 weeks to study. Kinda, plenty of time.....

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't done any study since the end of the trials which was around the 31st of August. Briliant position I am in.

G

gaoOO

Shrikar said:
I haven't done any study since the end of the trials which was around the 31st of August. Briliant position I am in.
lol, that's the same position i'm in.

i'm going to start studying again after this week is over. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)