Art Express Preselection (1 Viewer)

jazzmuzik

HSC
Ours havent even been marked yet! :eek: The markers come on the 7th of November..

congrats if yours has :)

Kayley1234

Kayley
HSC
Hey. Yeh mine did get pre-selected :) bit of a surprise though. Congrats to everyone else that did as well! ... and i didn't realise they're still marking them!

goosiegoo

HSC
Congratulations! I didn't think they sent out pre-selections until after everything had been marked, but it seems they must.
They only started going out to schools to mark on the 29th of October, according to my event timetable... :p But mine got sent away so who knows when it gets marked.

Grimesy

HSC
Yeh, i got preselection too. This year pre-selection equates to a mark of between 47/50 and 50/50 for photography at least.

mikeet

HSC
i got preselection too.
grimesy, how do you know that it's 47/50-50/50 this year?

Grimesy

HSC
mikeet said:
i got preselection too.
grimesy, how do you know that it's 47/50-50/50 this year?
my teacher was at the marking centre for photography this year and found out that it was in that mark range required for art express consideration. However people can still get over that mark and not be invited though because the exhibition is g-rated and some material is obviously not suitable

~kiki

HSC
congrats :)...

damn... I guess I missed out then :/

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Congratulations all. We don't get our actual prac marks do we, rather an overall mark of HSC exam, in class assessments etc?

meghanhelena

HSC
Yes, I'm fairly certain that we never do get our actual BOW mark from the markers, I suppose it might be possible to infer from other marks from internal, if you kind of have an idea about how you go in the exam.

I have been pre-selected! Does this just mean nominated to enter Art Express?! I feel so naive. I made a film... :p It is very personal and emotional- it is a great shock to think that someone thinks it is worthy of attention.

Does anybody know the likelihood of actually get your work chosen after being nominated? I think I read somewhere that after the works get sent to the "Art Express factory" or what not that a great deal of them simply get turned away? Like a third or something?

Hmm.

EEEEEEE!

HedgeMaster

HSC
I just found out i got preselected 3 hours ago!!!!, Hooray im soo excited!. Congrats 2 every1 else who got preselected as well!!

N1C0L3

HSC
oh i wonder if i got preselected.... i got an internal mark of 46/50 but i musnt have if i havnt heard from em, mine got marked on monday 29th october at school cause the markers came there.

Kayley1234

Kayley
HSC
I got an internal mark of 46/50 as well and I was pre-selected...

Does anyone have any vague idea what the mark range is for painting & drawing for pre-selection?

Grimesy

HSC
well, at my school some people have already got preselection whilst other studios hadn't been marked as of that time. So i think there may be some spots that haven't been offered yet

~kiki

HSC
hey... so for pre-selections... were you told by your teacher... or did you get a letter in the mail? How does it work?

R

rhaps0dy

^ my art teacher informed me by phone.

surprisingly, mine got preselected too! :) how excitement. congrats to everyone else who did well and got preselected. i dnt think mine's going to be chosen for art express though, either way, i'm still gonna check out the exhibition ^^

Grimesy

HSC
~kiki said:
hey... so for pre-selections... were you told by your teacher... or did you get a letter in the mail? How does it work?
well, depending on whether or not your artwork was sent to the marking centre, your teacher will be able to tell if it didnt come back with everyone else's. In addition you will get a letter in the next couple of days probably before you sit the art history exam. Good luck to everyone on friday

~kiki

HSC
Grimesy said:
well, depending on whether or not your artwork was sent to the marking centre, your teacher will be able to tell if it didnt come back with everyone else's. In addition you will get a letter in the next couple of days probably before you sit the art history exam. Good luck to everyone on friday
Ah ok, thank you :). I will be slightly disappointed if I don't get pre-selected. I mean, even if you don't get into art-express you have the assurance that you did really well. Ours were sent off about 4 weeks after the official hand in date (they were packed up and everything, but they only called for them on the 20th of september I think..)... crossing my fingers!!!...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)