Art Express Preselection (1 Viewer)

AJD

HSC
I got 48/50 for my internal mark. I hope I got pre-selected but I haven't heard anything from anybody yet.

hpk

HSC
i got a call from my art teacher saying i was pre selected

yay!!

naughtymanolo

HSC
Im hopeing to get to Art Express, i guess its over and i didnt. I was aiming for that more tham a UAI. Oh well, time to make my portfolio better for college entry.

braddio

HSC
I dont know whether i have got in or not.. i got 50/50 for internal mark... but i havent been at school long enough to see my art teacher and my phone is broken at home so the school wouldnt be able to call me...AHHHHHH...lol
I hope i get pre-selected but i prob wont... i dont no... i just wanna no if i did or not!!!

N1C0L3

HSC
wow 50/50 good on ya
i just wanna know where they draw the line from a 49/50 or 48/50 for example.. i have seen people in my class to amazing works and get those marks..but i would like to know, where did they lose that 1 or 2 marks??? they looked perfect to me.. art is so broad and their works conveyed their particular concept perfectly. i just think the teachers dont know what a 50/50 would look like

braddio

HSC
I dont no how they decifer the few marks between... i think sometimes the teacher ranks them with each other to get those small differences in marks...The same sorta thing happened in my class... i tink as well it is the teachers own personal preference on artworks.. like wat she/he likes???

I wanna no if u can still get pre-selected if ur artwork isnt really G-rated... cause mine revolves around drugs and celebs... i doubt that i will actually get into art express but could i still get pre-selected????

reno369

HSC
congratulations to everyone who got preselected!
i got an internal mark of 46 but i dont think i will get selected....i guess i will find out sooner or later.

someone before asked the probability (eew maths) of actually getting into art express after getting preselected

from the 'art express key facts' ...."Typically, in the 2000s, more than 8,000 students submit a Body of Work as part of the HSC examination in Visual Arts. About 600 of these Bodies of Work are nominated for ARTEXPRESS and about 200 are selected for exhibition."

so you got about a 1/3 chance ... which is pretty good! besides, artworks are showcased in other places then the 'actual' art express exhibition.

goodluck!

Grimesy

HSC
braddio said:
I wanna no if u can still get pre-selected if ur artwork isnt really G-rated... cause mine revolves around drugs and celebs... i doubt that i will actually get into art express but could i still get pre-selected????
unfortunately no, depends on what your art work is exactly, but apparently they take all the works with an appropriate mark and then check if each one is suitable, if not no preselection. Harsh i think since some great work may be unsuitable but thats that...

~kiki

HSC
Grimesy said:
unfortunately no, depends on what your art work is exactly, but apparently they take all the works with an appropriate mark and then check if each one is suitable, if not no preselection. Harsh i think since some great work may be unsuitable but thats that...
I have heard that too. Mine was a pigeon loft which I constructed out of reclaimed wood. It contained a number of found objects-- nests, old house numbers and also a number of smaller "sculptural peices". I am hoping its not discounted because it is too difficult to transport ><

goosiegoo

HSC
N1C0L3 said:
wow 50/50 good on ya
i just wanna know where they draw the line from a 49/50 or 48/50 for example.. i have seen people in my class to amazing works and get those marks..but i would like to know, where did they lose that 1 or 2 marks??? they looked perfect to me.. art is so broad and their works conveyed their particular concept perfectly. i just think the teachers dont know what a 50/50 would look like
I couldn't be sure, but I think it might be generally if the art teacher looks at it and thinks that it could be a 50/50 but there's just something missing...
In my class i got 50/50 and one of my friends got 49/50, and she asked what had happened to that 1 mark and he said it just needed to be slightly better in technique, as it was perfect in concept...
That's what i would assume, anyway.

Also just comparing them to other works and maybe seeing if it looks professional and finished, etc, etc and shows the concept clearly, like you said.

meghanhelena

HSC
Eeeeee- one in three chance after being pre-selected. That is a fairly good chance.

I made a film and received 49/50 internal... was very, very shocked about being preselected due to the fact my film is very obscure and well, personal, I suppose.

I am not going to, but has anyone ever heard of students refusing to enter Art Express because their artwork was just too personal for them and didn't want it exhibited?

ROOFUSDOOFUS

HSC
How do you know you got preselected?
Dont they send a letter out?
Or does your teacher have to tell you?

Kayley1234

Kayley
HSC
Yeh, you can refuse to have your work exhibited if it does get selected to go into Art Express. Its just a matter of not replying to the letter they send out to you if you do get selected. Your spot will just go to someone else who's next on the list. My art teacher was telling me about how that happened to a girl at my school last year, she was overseas and never replied to the letter, so her work never got exhibited ><

~kiki

HSC
out of interest-- what media are the works that have received pre-selections so far? I assume sculptural and mixed media works will take longer to mark because of space issues (I'm guessing they will need to set up a batch of works and then re-pack them and set up the next batch)... The majority of people who have received pre-selections on this forum did photography/ video/ digital manipulation? Can someone please confirm this. Anyone who worked in sculpture or collection of works received a pre-selection yet?

meghanhelena

HSC
Out of my art class, so far I am the only one pre-selected, but I am also the only one who had to get mine sent away for marking... so possibly that is correct about the whole sculpture/mixed media taking longer to mark or what not.

As for how I was informed- by the head of curriculum just before extension english exam- haa. Twas brilliant. And then I was basically enveloped by my very enthusiastic art teacher... yet I still haven't received a letter... hmm.

Has anyone else received a letter or just been told by your teachers? I got a letter today in a Board of Studies envelope and was so excited- but lo and behold it was merely informing me of the various ways of receiving HSC results. I was angry then, especially upon learning the whole SMS method.
"U fail'd kid. Betta luk nex yr. Luv, tha BOS crew."

xblahx

HSC
I had my works sent away to the marking centre, under the catergory of "collection of works." Just curious whether anyone who's had their's sent away has heard anything? Do they usually ring up your teacher and inform her, or do you find out when yours hasnt been sent back? >.<

And congrats to those who got preselected! =D

~kiki

HSC
meghanhelena said:
Out of my art class, so far I am the only one pre-selected, but I am also the only one who had to get mine sent away for marking... so possibly that is correct about the whole sculpture/mixed media taking longer to mark or what not.

As for how I was informed- by the head of curriculum just before extension english exam- haa. Twas brilliant. And then I was basically enveloped by my very enthusiastic art teacher... yet I still haven't received a letter... hmm.

Has anyone else received a letter or just been told by your teachers? I got a letter today in a Board of Studies envelope and was so excited- but lo and behold it was merely informing me of the various ways of receiving HSC results. I was angry then, especially upon learning the whole SMS method.
"U fail'd kid. Betta luk nex yr. Luv, tha BOS crew."
hah hah.. awesome. I bet it was difficult to focus on your english extension exam after that :p.

Funny what you said about receiving a letter from BOS... I am desperately hoping to receive a preselection and then the other day I happen to check the letter box and find two letters for me (never usually receive ANY letters :p)... Anyway, got all excited and then opened them to find instructions on how to receive my results and a pamphlet explaining how to vote for the liberals... fat chance of that.

naughtymanolo

HSC
Well I'm in a bit of a pickle lol. My Major didnt return to my school. I would assume this was becuase it was preselected, but neither the school nor myself have recieved any notification. So my major might just be lost. DOes anyone know what happens to lost majorworks? I was reliying on it to use in college appliactions, what happens if i cant get it back? God i hope i was preselected, then it would stop all this worrying. Does anyone know when the final date of preselection notification is? SO i can really begin to panic?

HedgeMaster

HSC
has any1 actually got in yet?, i got a call from my teacher sayin that they would sent a letter 2 my house. Any1 got this letter or confirmation that they got in???.......by the way wat is the theme of art express this year??

meghanhelena

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
So my major might just be lost. DOes anyone know what happens to lost majorworks?
Guess what happened to me originally. I sent my film away, and presumably because it was just in a little postage packet IT GOT LOST. In spite of the fact it was special courier delivered and such. Yeah, pretty shit- I was told a few days before english paper one, that if I didnt have a copy well I was basically screwed and they would just give me an estimate, or take my internal or something.... luckily I did have another copy but I still had to collate all the stuff for a cover and burn it onto disk, etc, etc, amidst stress of exams and all that...

Anyway the second time I had to collate it meant it turned out pretty scrappy looking, but apparently that doesn't matter in accordance that they thought it was good enough for Art Express. Bah ha. I'm worried now that they just felt sorry for me because it got lost in the mail. Eep.

Naughtymanolo- what is your medium? And what was the approx size? These things could be why it is slowed down in the post... or, you have indeed been preselected... !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)