Art Express Preselection (1 Viewer)

naughtymanolo

HSC
Thanks so much em21, i hope so or else it will be panic time lol

emmisue, Im not sure on framing, didnt you coat them with finish solution (or hairspray) that stops the pastel from running. I have a work that i did about 3 years ago, and when i 'finished' i put a crapload of hairspray, to i dont know preserve it for the afterlife. But i put way to much and now that i wnat to go back and develop on it further i cant becuase the texture of the paper has been altered and the pastels have been set.

On requirements of Art express, they usually pic works that are easier to display (and take the least/most efficent space) like that cone rice suclpture, of the rpeseclected that was easy becuase they just needed a long beam and placed the cones on it. Same with painings, which just need a nail in the wall. Other artworks that are huge or intricate to display are usually ruled out, regardless of the marks. My friend did a goregous paining on canvas which as about 2x3 meters, though i doubt it will be selcted as on the same wall, it could fit 3-4 other peoples works.

~kiki

HSC
heh heh... got my preselection today =D... So happy/ relieved I guess. Want artexpress so bad and I thought I had lost out completely. Lets hope the curator at UNSW likes pigeons and reclaimed wood. 2 other peop in my class recieved pre-selections. Stupidly, no one caed me or anything. Apparently everyone knew before I did.

muzzoid

HSC
Congrate kiki, :D.

That would suck having everyone else know before you did.

At my school me getting preselected is farily big cause im like the first in 2 years or something like that.......

~kiki

HSC
muzzoid said:
Congrate kiki, :D.

That would suck having everyone else know before you did.

At my school me getting preselected is farily big cause im like the first in 2 years or something like that.......
congrats on the pre-selection :). Reading my post it would seem like I was pissed drunk when I wrote it, but really, the l key on my keyboard was just stuck :p. I think last year 2 people were pre-selected from my school, so no record breaking there :p.

naughtymanolo

HSC
congrats kiki! you deserve it!

On my more worrying note, does anyone know when the last calls are made. I assumed yesterday was hte last day but im clingging to hope.

~kiki

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
congrats kiki! you deserve it!

On my more worrying note, does anyone know when the last calls are made. I assumed yesterday was hte last day but im clingging to hope.
Heh heh, thanks :) (although you've never seen my work :p)

Um, I believe the last day of marking was the 9th of Novemeber, so I assume the last of the calls will probably be made on the Monday or Tuesday of next week. I would suggest you get your teacher to call up the marking centre and explain the situation. They probably had a list of schools to call and skipped over yours? Otherwise, I am sure you got pre-selected :). It would be near impossible to lose such a large parcel unless they sent it off to the wrong school. In which case it will be returned to the marking centre in a few days.

beanari

HSC
hola
9 people from my old school got selected!! wooowww go them.
i go to distance ed now- haha i dont think anyone ever gets selected from there... but let me know if you are from distance, or have been there and have got your art selected.
hehe

Queen Llamah

HSC
~kiki said:
...Anyway, got all excited and then opened them to find instructions on how to receive my results and a pamphlet explaining how to vote for the liberals... fat chance of that.
Lol Same here....

No one from my class has got selected... But my works got sent away and still havn't come back and I want them back because I need my prints to get into PSC!! (Photography Studies College)
It funny because last year's art class from my school had basically the whole class picked.

naughtymanolo said:
On requirements of Art express, they usually pic works that are easier to display (and take the least/most efficent space) like that cone rice suclpture, of the rpeseclected that was easy becuase they just needed a long beam and placed the cones on it. Same with painings, which just need a nail in the wall. Other artworks that are huge or intricate to display are usually ruled out, regardless of the marks. My friend did a goregous paining on canvas which as about 2x3 meters, though i doubt it will be selcted as on the same wall, it could fit 3-4 other peoples works.
Shit. My BOW was like a collection of 7 Photographic images that were printed SUPER huge. There wasn't enough space on the class room walls to hang them how I wanted it presented. That means I'm not gonna get nominated :(

~kiki

HSC
Queen Llamah said:
Lol Same here....

No one from my class has got selected... But my works got sent away and still havn't come back and I want them back because I need my prints to get into PSC!! (Photography Studies College)
It funny because last year's art class from my school had basically the whole class picked.

Shit. My BOW was like a collection of 7 Photographic images that were printed SUPER huge. There wasn't enough space on the class room walls to hang them how I wanted it presented. That means I'm not gonna get nominated :(
Do you go to that school that was in SMH because that girl got onto Art Gallery of NSW and her entire class was preselected?

Also, on another note, I don't think ease of display is too much of a factor. Mine weighed a little over 30 kilograms and contained delicate birds nests, goose eggs, seed pods etc. i.e, probably going to be tricky to transport and display. Other people in my class who got preselected had works which took up the maximum amount of space-- 6 square metres. What people don't realise is that the works that go on display are only PART of the work that has been submitted. I was in awe when I heard that, because usually they are still quite large, even without all their parts.

shohisha

HSC
im shitting myself now, i put in over 400 hundered hours outside of school time, hand cutting 28000 one centremeter sqaures and reorganising then into potraits and i havnt heard shit. without meaning to sound like an arrogant prick, i think ill vomit if i dnt atleast get a preselection lol.

~kiki

HSC
shohisha said:
im shitting myself now, i put in over 400 hundered hours outside of school time, hand cutting 28000 one centremeter sqaures and reorganising then into potraits and i havnt heard shit. without meaning to sound like an arrogant prick, i think ill vomit if i dnt atleast get a preselection lol.
*jaw drop*-- lol, I can't tell if you're serious but 28000 1cm squares :eek:... what were they cut out of?

Crossing my fingers for you :). It seems like you put in ALOT of effort and I hope it pays off :)

evilbeavil

HSC
heya! ive been pre-selected also :D first one from my shitty school in like 6 years or something so its pretty rad :D

bttrflyeffect17

HSC
mufti said:
anyone do graphic design?!
yep. mine was in that category and i found out about 1/2 an hour after the art exam that it had been preselected :) i had an internal mark of 50/50 but i was still rather suprised seeing as mine is pretty unconventional.

oh and im suprised at the person who said out of about 8000 artworks roughly 600 are preselected for artexpress. i have always heard that they only take the top 10% of the state? but i guess they need more than 80 works so maybe im wrong.

goodluck to you all

~kiki

HSC
bttrflyeffect17 said:
yep. mine was in that category and i found out about 1/2 an hour after the art exam that it had been preselected :) i had an internal mark of 50/50 but i was still rather suprised seeing as mine is pretty unconventional.

oh and im suprised at the person who said out of about 8000 artworks roughly 600 are preselected for artexpress. i have always heard that they only take the top 10% of the state? but i guess they need more than 80 works so maybe im wrong.

goodluck to you all
10% of the state would be 800 wouldn't it?...

Also, congrats :)

braddio

HSC
I didnt get pre-selected for art express :( but i knew that cause mine wasnt 'G' rated
BUT
i just found out that i got selected (so it is definate) for another exibition for hazelhurst gallery!! so im pretty excited!!!esp. cause i put a lot of effort into it.. i made a film and 6 digital media posters that paraodied celebrities and drugs/alcohol...

Last edited:

Beeno

HSC
OMG!! Just got a phone call from the head teacher who also marks the BOWs!

I got preselected YAY! Mine was put into sculpture and didn't come back with the rest.

My teachers are like excited because we havne't got a preselection in years (crap school)

Wow. Now I don't need to worry about my marks anymore because she said preselection is 47/50 or more.

Phew.

Queen Llamah

HSC
~kiki said:
Do you go to that school that was in SMH because that girl got onto Art Gallery of NSW and her entire class was preselected?

Also, on another note, I don't think ease of display is too much of a factor. Mine weighed a little over 30 kilograms and contained delicate birds nests, goose eggs, seed pods etc. i.e, probably going to be tricky to transport and display. Other people in my class who got preselected had works which took up the maximum amount of space-- 6 square metres. What people don't realise is that the works that go on display are only PART of the work that has been submitted. I was in awe when I heard that, because usually they are still quite large, even without all their parts.
Lol, Nah I don't think our little town is good enough for the SMH. I'm from Deniliquin (I can see ur faces right now- "WTF is that?")- basically the midst of no where...
Kiki, your work sounds interesting and familiar- did you use someone (artist wise) as inspiration?

~kiki

HSC
Queen Llamah said:
Lol, Nah I don't think our little town is good enough for the SMH. I'm from Deniliquin (I can see ur faces right now- "WTF is that?")- basically the midst of no where...
Kiki, your work sounds interesting and familiar- did you use someone (artist wise) as inspiration?
You're right, I haven't hear of Deniliquin :p...

Thank you :). No, I didn't use any particular artist as inspiration although I'm sure there were artists who influenced me sub-consciously. I strongly disagree with choosing an artist and attempting to mimic their work. Art should come from within.

evilbeavil

HSC
mufti said:
anyone do graphic design?!
hey hey i did graphic design.. i made 9 digital prints A3 size on photoshop and got into preselection :D how bout you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)