Art Express Preselection (1 Viewer)

hpk

HSC
~kiki said:
I suggest that you maybe go into school and consult with one of the technology teachers there. I'm sure they'd be happy to help
I agree. I didn't have my film on my computer to transfer it onto a MiniDV. You need to put the film on a cd or dvd in AVI or MPEG form, take it to school and get one of the technology teachers to export that onto a MiniDV

hope that helps!

Gen-Williams

HSC
finally managed to do it...no technology teachers since im at a small school but got someone in sydney to do it for me. dvd to tape is the trick apparantely. thank u for all the suggestions. also just looking at some of the artworks ppl have posted on this thread...they r fantastic! so exciting to see the final products of our year!

chinde

HSC
yeh i had probs with faxing too..the # was like blocked all of friday and then finally on sat it went thru.. haha they prolly have like 5 copies of my forms now oups.
mine was scratchwork. uno that black stuff u scratch on with metal - sooo much fun.
it is technically classified as 'drawing' but i dont see many similarities, cept u hav a pretty picture at the end :)

hpk

HSC
don't know. I reckon they'd wait until after the results have been announced. just a guess.

mad-triste

HSC
Question: it is possible, is it not, to get high marks on the BOW and yet not be selected?

I recieved an exceedingly high mark on my final BOW assessment and my teacher assured me of getting a nomination, but I didn't. Go figure. There's nothing in my work that would shock or offend, either - basically aesthetic photography. I'm not particularly worried about not getting nominated - I got nominated for eex2 instead - but I'm just wondering whether this means the difference between my school mark and my HSC mark would be considerably different.

I mean, it's not like all unoffensive 47/48+ artworks are automatically nominated, right?

BlytheChloe

HSC
mad-triste said:
Question: it is possible, is it not, to get high marks on the BOW and yet not be selected?

I recieved an exceedingly high mark on my final BOW assessment and my teacher assured me of getting a nomination, but I didn't. Go figure. There's nothing in my work that would shock or offend, either - basically aesthetic photography. I'm not particularly worried about not getting nominated - I got nominated for eex2 instead - but I'm just wondering whether this means the difference between my school mark and my HSC mark would be considerably different.

I mean, it's not like all unoffensive 47/48+ artworks are automatically nominated, right?
This year a mark of 47/50 or more would mean you got preselected.

~kiki

HSC
mad-triste said:
Aha. Brilliant. Fail for Tristan.

(but thank you.)
you could have come close though? Even works which get 46.5 don't get in. Do you go to a good school/ has you teacher gone to the marking centre and marked past works. Each work is marked by 4 different teachers and in order to get in you need to get at least 47 from each teacher.. or for example 45 from one and 50 from another. Opinions can vary greatly over art.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Do any of you guys who got preselected have pictures of your artworks you could upload? Love looking at what you kids do :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)