ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
When are the notifications sent out?

Doubt i'll get one, just interested...

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
yeh they wont come out for ages.. diff to design tech as the marking has been done for them already... ah dear. tis a bit scary the whole nomination thing. and the idea of losing your work to the public is daunting.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
can someone please explain what Art Express IS?

I always see posters and ads for it but I never know what it is! Is it just like an art exhibition or gallery?????

HSC
N/A
It's an exhibition of outstanding Body of Works from the previous years HSC Visual Arts students :)

It runs across several venues in Sydney, before travelling around the rest of NSW for the remainer of the year.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
It's an exhibition of outstanding Body of Works from the previous years HSC Visual Arts students :)

It runs across several venues in Sydney, before travelling around the rest of NSW for the remainer of the year.
erm since Film is considered art in the HSC...is that included in the art express?

cos its a bit hard to have an exhibition for a film...unless they keep looping the film

hipPo3

HSC
thats what they generally do mate .. if uve ever been to art express then u would see how they put films on

anything arty can be placed in art express .. except drama, live music etc
one of my friends got into the "art express of Ind tech. media" a few days in after she sent her Mj. I think for art it takes longer cause most of the artworks are massive paintings n what not.

beezjaxx

HSC
How many?

How many works get selected?

All i know is that they select aiming for a diversity of school locations...

Anyone know how many from each area, etc... ?

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
If you go onto the artexpress website on Board OS, you will find some info. Exhibitions are held in syd myers grace bros, art galleries and another capital city.. i think.
Yeah Im really interested in seeing how my class will go, our arkers don't come until 3 wks into next term, has anybody else already had theres marked?
Mine was a Collection Of Works based around Homelessness. Mixed Media, scultpure, photography, painting... and in a Symbolist /Abstract -Expressionist theme. It is pretty large, and wasn't until after our exhibition, my teacher and I were measuring it all and we found out it was oversized at least by a 1/2 a cubic squared metre. Shit! I had to majorly re shuffle it to fit the display restrictions, which is a bit crappy, but you can still see the amount of work in it. It just fitted under. Scary! Is everybody happy with their work?

Chris Lloyd

Last year to get into Art Express you had to get over 43/50 in the HSC for your BOW. I think thats about 900 people. Then they show them to the curators of the art galleries and they select the final ones they want to exhibit. Its up to their personal agendas and what they want the theme of the year to be. Only about 200 get selected for Art Express. Seems like alot but there are a few touring exhibitions.

H.S.What?

HSC
yea id assume there would be way more than 900 students getting over 43/50 in NSW for their hsc marks. The teachers marks are supposed to br representative of what the hsc markers should give you and i got 43/50 and some other people in my class got 49/50 and 50/50 so assuming my teacher wasnt being leiniant they would have to take nominations of people getting at least 46,47 or 48.

did anyone else think the artexpress from 2004 hsc was dodgy as? i thought it was pretty average...

Hols87

hey guys in answer to when the notifications and letters come out,
my teacher rang me today to say that mine has been selected for the first part of the selection process and said that the letters should be coming in the next few days, to say that your bow has been selected for the first part of the selection process for art express..

ahmi

HSC
Hols87 said:
hey guys in answer to when the notifications and letters come out,
my teacher rang me today to say that mine has been selected for the first part of the selection process and said that the letters should be coming in the next few days, to say that your bow has been selected for the first part of the selection process for art express..
Congratulation, is ur one a digital media?
What is it about?

leeoh

HSC
lol ...penciltron......if u dont get a letter... no hope in me getting one either

and btw..ur prank!! almost gave me a heart attack...hahaha u wait when ure least expected... gonan get cha goooooodddd...

lol.

Hols87

hey ahmi and Gummy bear,
my BOW is textiles and fibre based well thats the catagory i put it inot for marking, i did 18 abstract pieces in total. nearly all were done on canvas and i either painted them, dyed them or left them, then i sewed on the sewing machine, hand sewed glued u name it i did it , it really hard to explain but they are all totally different to each other. but if this help this is my artist's statement:

Delicately Raw

Intricate details and delicate works interested me whilst i was creating "delicately raw". As i expplored the way textiles and fibres could be manipulated to create an array of artworks, i found myself lookign for artists works and art periods such as art Noveau and art Deco, which involved intricate and delicate details. Artists such as Vivienne Mountfort, Marilyn Druin, Michael Johnson, Wassily Kandinsky, Jan Van Eyck, David Robinson and Kate Briscoe to mention a few were some of the artists whose works interested me. their works included relflections through mirrors, gold detailing, spirals of thread, movement of linear elements and brush strokes. i wanted to create works with a lot of detail and using textile materials, which when looked at from a distance were intriguing but when looked at even closer were even more interesting and detailed. Some of the materilas i used were; embroidery threads, colourful dyes, papers, lino prints, handmade buttons, chicken wire and ribbon.
ps i havent put photos on here didnt know u could, the photo of them all does really show the detail in them so yeh
thanks ('',)

olmitchell

yeh i just found out 2 days ago that i was nomanted for art express pretty happy about it.. i found out through my teacher

does anyone know when around people find out if they got into it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)