Art Express? (2 Viewers)

jezika8

HSC
hey i got my letter today! i have to fax my intent and everything by friday! ARGH! but im still proud! woohoo

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
this thread will never stop!, and don't stop dancing

the internal markers who marked ours, gave our letters to the school, and we got them the next day.. woh, hold on were your's sent away to be externally marked?
and if you didn't get pre selected that dosen't mean you still didn't get 45-,
for this year it was 46-->50.. but yes what i heard from my teacher was the markers did only consult your vapd if they were considering your work for artexpress..

i had the worst dream last night; i hadn't sent my artwork away yet, and i forgot to send one of the paintings, and then another painting tore itself apart.. and i cried, then i woke up and remembered i sent mine away a week ago. hooray!

*whhhy??i just had one peice of bread left in my kitchen, and it got stuck in the toaster, i am very sad :( *crycrycry

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
yeah i got my letter yesterday. yay!! thw whole time i was thinkin i wouldnt get a letter cos it was secretly all a grotesque joke/ mistake.. hehe

hmm hey i know tristan sharp... i interviewed him once, really nice guy

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
maxibon88 said:
Just to clarify everyones(mostly worng) preconceptions, this is the go
and maybe now this thred can die.Let this be the knife to burry it. THE END

The selection for display at the Art Gallery of New South Wales is made by a member of its Public Programs Department (it is the only exhibition in the Gallery not managed by curatorial staff). The choice is made from the work of around 1000 students who have gained a mark of 45 or more out of 50. Their art is brought together in the Homebush marking centre, and deciding on more than 600 pieces, representing about 50 students, takes around a week.

The process takes the opposite approach to a curated exhibition, which begins with a theme and ends with a selection of works to suit that theme. For ARTEXPRESS it is the reverse: works are selected individually and then considered in terms of the way they go together or could be displayed to present some logic, theme or experience for an audience.

Selection is made initially on individual works, with the emphasis on highly resolved material and/or concepts, lack of clichés, level of maturity and sophistication, and that 'something' that demands attention - something powerful, clever, witty!

Final selection depends on the way works can 'talk together' to form a cohesive exhibition experience. ARTEXPRESS bridges the gap between classroom practice and public presentation - between the developing practice of students and the professional practice of the Gallery. Presented in the context of the Gallery's collection and temporary exhibitions, it must meet the Gallery's standards.

From year to year, students focus and refocus between global and local themes, and the processes and materials they use to communicate their ideas. What stays the same is the energy and honesty, boldness and passion, quirkiness and humour they bring to their art.

The exhibition has created its own markers of relevance and excellence over the 21 years that the Art Gallery of New South Wales has been one of its showcases and, for the past fourteen, its principal venue.

Tristan Sharp
Senior Coordinator of Education Programs
Art Gallery of New South Wales
I thought I got it right?

maxibon88

HSC
Yay I finally found out i got in too, geese I emailed and faxed....so damn paranoid. I didnt answer the questions, but wrote my own statement. Come on 300 out of 800, thats like a 40 percent chance aye. Good luck all...can we really wait till december!

juzzy

juzzy said:
i spent the whole year solidly working on my work, it was my absolute passion spent every spare monemt on it, and spent a fortune. topped art for my school but haven't heard a thing from anyone! god rejection sucks
hey just found out this week through a lertter in the mail that i was preselected for art express!!!! dumb school didn't get the paper work, so yeah cheering. and everyone still hoping CHECK YOUR LETTER BOX!

darkroomgirl

HSC
Yay! Got my letter too! Sent the paperwork in today, so hopefully it'll be there by tomorrow (I'm 30-40 minutes away from the city, so I guess it'll have to be sent pretty quickly). Also e-mailed the statement. I was thinking of sending it in AND posting it... I thought that was a wee bit paranoid... so yeah, just posted it. Don't have a fax machine...

Fingers crossed that I'll get in... arrrrrrrrggghhh...

mad444

HSC
does anyone know when we get notified about whether we actually got into artexpress?

Chris Lloyd

I just got told today, but that was because I have to hand in a high resolution version of my animation. Apparently the official letters go out next week.

McMizza

Sociology/Psyc UniStudent
HSC
Congradulations for getting in!

So, does anyone know...

Do we get a letter if we don't get in, or are we left to wonder??

lucyb29

HSC
mm i just got a letter today. grrr they still have my title wrong :p i think they do send you a letter if you don't get in ... but i'm not sure ...

maxibon88

HSC
They sure do send u a letter if u dont get in as i sadly found out today. Ever so pissed, but i dont know if its because i didnt get in or i hvae to go to homebush to pick up my work or have it returned may next year.
OH and never begin reading a letter from the middle in where they congratulate you for the "high standard achieved", yet on closer in spection it says ur not in.
At leats my area has another type of exhibition going on.

Oh and congratulations for those lucky bastards that got in :)

get_born

I still havent got a letter from art express, if thats the case? When would all the letters have come out by to find out whether or not we would have made it into art express.

juzzy

Yeah i got 2 letters today my works are going to Hazelhurst and on the Regional Tour. does anyone know of a way i could find out what pieces are going where?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Yeah, i got in, and am pretty happy.

Congratulations to all who got in, and all who didn't, even to those who didn't get nominated; from the works I have seen on this site, I am sure that everyone did well.

Good luck for Friday next week,
Raph.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
irnie said:
i got into sydney olympic park and the regional tour! so psyched... wat locations did everyone get?
Congrats,

check other thread about letters.

ahmi

HSC
Mum told me I got four letters about my body of works yesterday
but I am overseas so I am not sure wt exhibitions are they really are as my mum's english isnt that good....-_-.....
but my art teacher sent an email to me saying I got into artexpress....^.^.....so hopefully they all are good news

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)