art works returned! (1 Viewer)

eshdawg

HSC
lame, mine was amazing. ah well. didnt send in a concept, could of hurt me. thought they could figure it out, that will teach me for being lazy.

kalibali

HSC
dont get your heart set on it, its actually really dodgey how they accept works, seems like the museums just pick artworks to be displayed based on themes, like last yrs art express at nsw art gallery theme was happiness, soo all artworks based on happiness were picked..

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
dont get your heart set on it, its actually really dodgey how they accept works, seems like the museums just pick artworks to be displayed based on themes, like last yrs art express at nsw art gallery theme was happiness, soo all artworks based on happiness were picked..
Happiness?

Oh so that's why they chose the one about insominia or that one about dodo's...???

Dolce_Vita

HSC
To be honest i'm totally not fussed if i get in or not, i'm more excited as it indicates i got good marks. Do all the Art Express venues announce who got in on the same day?

maryjill

HSC
I really loved my artwork, although I know it didn't quite hit that level of 'completion', I feel it fits and has developed into an original piece :)
I don't think I would ever get in though... oh well :D

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
:| wot.

Though you're correct in a sense. The markers and curators do have to select a variety of works and it has to all 'work' in a curatorial sense, so they have to look at what works next to other things and what would look good in a gallery setting. They also have to take into account things like having a balance of boys and girls, a balance of rural and metropolitan schools, public/private, blah blah. So yeah, that can skew things. If it just so happened that all the 'best' works came from private girl schools (for instance), they'd have to sacrifice some of these better works so they can cover the entire demographic.

That's my understanding anyway.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
To be honest i'm totally not fussed if i get in or not, i'm more excited as it indicates i got good marks. Do all the Art Express venues announce who got in on the same day?
Yes :) You all get the same acceptance letter on the same day and on it will say your particular gallery.

maryjill

HSC
Has anyone who had their work marked itinerantly gotten it back yet? In the Sydney area, at least. My mum, (she's an art teacher), said she thinks they would have only started marking them this week, so I won't get it back for at least another week or two... she could be wrong though!

m-swan

HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone who had their work marked itinerantly gotten it back yet? In the Sydney area, at least. My mum, (she's an art teacher), said she thinks they would have only started marking them this week, so I won't get it back for at least another week or two... she could be wrong though!
Hey im from sydney (chester hill high) our teacher said ours are back .. i haven't been to check if mines there yet ill go on sign out day next week.. don't think any of us made art express shes thinks she counted the full total. ahh well more importantly i just want a good mark to go towards atar ! congratz to anyone that got in ill be going to check out the exhibition at nsw art gallery :)

maryjill

HSC
oh really, I don't think ours are because I saw my teacher on wednesday after the exam and he said nothing about our artworks... but I'll definitely check with him on sign out day. Yeah, I doubt anyone in my class will make art express either... my friend and I toped the class artwork wise and I know mine needed a bit more work just to get it to that level, as long as I get a good mark though! :) good luck everyone! Also, someone said they would be dropping numbers at the agnsw because of the picasso exhibition... this is highly unlikely though, as they only ever hold exhibitions like picasso downstairs and art express is in a completely different section... my mum and dad went to the opening, and thats what they said anyway :)

reilaa

HSC
N/A
The director of art express has emailed those who are nominated. You must fill in the acceptance form which will be available on students online on the 14th

bananadestroyer

HSC
N/A
If we haven't received any email or notification about Art Express by now, does that mean we haven't been nominated?

Vidhya

HSC
If we haven't received any email or notification about Art Express by now, does that mean we haven't been nominated?
I'm pretty sure that's true.
If we haven't been nominated, does that mean we got a mark below 45?

Dolce_Vita

HSC
I got a letter today saying i'd be pre-selected! Now i'm celebrating!

The two other students in my class who's student numbers were listed as being held behind, also got letters for pre-selection.

Apparently final exhibition announcements will be announced December 1st...

bananadestroyer

HSC
N/A
I got a letter today saying i'd be pre-selected! Now i'm celebrating!

The two other students in my class who's student numbers were listed as being held behind, also got letters for pre-selection.

Apparently final exhibition announcements will be announced December 1st...
Letter in the mail or email? And from school or BOS?

Last edited:

eshdawg

HSC
Congrats to those who got nominated! I missed out on Artexpress, but I got nominated for DesignTECH.

tanazeftino1

HSC
did anyone find out if they got in or not? They said they'd announce it on the 1st but I haven't heard anything. no letter or email.

ExitOnly

HSC
Uni Grad
did anyone find out if they got in or not? They said they'd announce it on the 1st but I haven't heard anything. no letter or email.
My friend got an email saying he didn't make it.

However, I got nominated but haven't received any letter or email either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)