ArtExpress Works (2 Viewers)

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey
I got nominated for ArtExpress, but did not get selected for the exhibitions. The cut-off was 46 or higher out of 50 just for that nomination - and I had always felt once I heard that I got 46. The exam was great, theory is my best side - and I am almost certain I got full marks as my external hsc exam mark was 96 - with 94 overall (damn, and i was ranked 3rd at school!)

maxibon88

HSC
OK do yourself a favour and check out the david jones exhibition because there are three absolutely FANFUCKINGTASTIC WORKS. The work on the three doors, the Basquiat style one is my favourite. IF anyone knows who did it buy them a drink. The other ones are great too, but david jones has placed their clothes advertisment manequins right in the fucking way of this magic painting. People thought i must of been some performance artist with all the weird positions i was getting in to see the work. I was getting weird looks lol by those silly corporate types who dont even bother to take a second look. I really wanted to see this really cool street art style painting but there the manequin was looking all cool and shit in some outfit right in my way. Besides my efforts with those dumnb manequins the exhibition was a treat! Do yourself a favour, look past the irony of david jones holding the exhibition and trying to sell products, and get in some weird positions to check it out. Especially the three doors baby.

penciltron

HSC
i went today to david jones, i liked the carvaggio-like one with all the people in the thick black background, it had a lot of hands and heads coming out of the shadows, it wasnt in the 'main area' and had like a latin name i think, i didnt really like many of them but i guess its because i had just got back from the pissarro exhibition, which was amaaaazing. i think any art students should definitely check out both the agnsw and the dave jones exhibition for ideas.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
penciltron said:
i went today to david jones, i liked the carvaggio-like one with all the people in the thick black background, it had a lot of hands and heads coming out of the shadows, it wasnt in the 'main area' and had like a latin name i think, i didnt really like many of them but i guess its because i had just got back from the pissarro exhibition, which was amaaaazing. i think any art students should definitely check out both the agnsw and the dave jones exhibition for ideas.
(i'm not nor was an art student so excuse me in this thread :p )

the painting you mentioned was done by a girl at my school who has always been an amazing artist. in fact one of the three paintings she completed very quickly in the lead up to the hand in date (a matter of weeks i believe). she's particularly good with human detail as can be seen in the hands of the figures.

oh and pisarro was amazing, went to see it a few weeks ago.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I went to see the works at David Jones! Some of them were really amazing, but I found some of the personal statements a bit pretentious, so that was the only downside to it all. I also loved the work that was done in Basquiat's style, and the metal work sculpture was also very cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)