ArtExpress (1 Viewer)

stressed02

I cut mine down to 163 words...lol i'll prob be disqualified... but there is just no way i could have written it in any less words, its very complicated and otherwise no one would understand it! ah well.. i hope the guy on the phone meant that they really would just cut it down themselves...

Um... am i the North Shore school who got 20/27... could be.. i do go to a school on the north shore, and i'd say there was about 27 in my form for art... but i don't know if the internal ones have been marked yet.. all i know is that only 2 which were externally marked were NOT selected... but it could well be...

And which person was emailing around their artwork??!! let me see!

1 more

fructis
HSC
What is your artwork about stressed02? By the way does your school start with an R? This is fun!
All of ours, bar one were marked internally last Tuesday
163 words is a lot, but i think it will be fine. 41 words is almost ridiculously brief, but i have a book/catalogue that accompanies my artwork, and there is more synopsis type things in that.

Last edited:

stressed02

Hahah yes it does start with R... want to guess the next letter??
LOL nah its cool i think we know what school it is... i'd tell u but that kind of ruins the whole fun of it hehe
What school do you go to??! my major work is very hard to explain... *brain is dead from 'studying'* hehe

what was your major work?? and tell me about this book? that went with it?! what media was it in??!

1 more

fructis
HSC
well im glad that i informed you about the preselection numbers at your school! :) i know this all because our teachers marked together at the marking centre. i also go to a school on the north shore, starting with M - the fun is not over yet!
it's amazing for 20/27 to be preselected. i'm so annoyed because i was supposed to go to your exhibition and i missed it, in which case i would know which one was your work! what category was yours in?
my artwork was in the collection of works category, funnily enough it was about the brain, the artist's brain.
my book was a consatine file, which held all my best works, and is placed in one of the levels of my work. It just so happened, that in my panic that the markers would not 'get' my work, that some of these pages included fragments of texts to help explain my intention, its all legit! how did you find the exam?

stressed02

Oh how cool! So is it safe to assume you are a girl? Or am I wrong..?? is your schools second letter on o lol in which case your last exam would be RE??! or am I totally off track here!! If its that school you would know my friend! And thanks for letting me know about preselection numbers! Haha thats cool my major work is digital media your major work sounds interesting! How cool, and great idea about including text to explain your artwork in fact I used a bit of text in mine to do the same thing! Hehe ..i thought the exam was strange I didnt like Section I at all and Section II I dont know how well I went.. hmm how bout you?!

1 more

fructis
HSC
i am a girl, my last exam is Studies of Religion, but i do not go to that school... our school is private, but co-ed. (you probably dont know it...) Please explain your work to me! only 1 girl in our class did digital media actually, i dont really know much about it.
i thought the exam was o.k, section 1 was weird, but and we all knew that it would be quite likely for them to swap round the sections, frames, practices and C.f. I dont think that was really the point of each question though, to view them through the lens of each framework. the alessi q was an odd choice...
i did #6 from section II, about this years biennale. it was a good Q for me, so i was chuffed - but as always i have already thought of several mistakes i made... how bout you?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
here's my statement, express posted and faxed this afternoon:

I have an obsession with instructions. To me, the idea that following instructions like those on aeroplane safety cards guarantees your safety is laughable. Use of a computer allowed me to create verisimilitude although I had to teach myself along the way. My ideas were influenced by Melbourne artist Ben Frost.

ooh ooh i'm such a rebel, 51 words. anyone else?

1 more: i also did question 6, but i did it on the "sensation" exhibition (damien hirst, marc quinn, and so on... i'd been studying it throughout the year and it fit quite nicely)

HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery
here's my statement, express posted and faxed this afternoon:

I have an obsession with instructions. To me, the idea that following instructions like those on aeroplane safety cards guarantees your safety is laughable. Use of a computer allowed me to create verisimilitude although I had to teach myself along the way. My ideas were influenced by Melbourne artist Ben Frost.

ooh ooh i'm such a rebel, 51 words. anyone else?

1 more: i also did question 6, but i did it on the "sensation" exhibition (damien hirst, marc quinn, and so on... i'd been studying it throughout the year and it fit quite nicely)
nice and concise... :)

Its a shame you can't really write more... I'd like to read a more detailed explanation...

zzaga

hmmm...wonder if anyone can beat mine...

On the 6th day God made Man.
On the 7th day Man killed Man.
On the 8th day Man became God...

21 words! :D

stressed02

wow that's cool your major work sounds very interesting...

so am i the only *stupid* one who answered ALL of the questions that they asked as to write about in the statement!! haha no wonder it was so long...

zzaga

thanks stressed ^-^
naw i just couldn't be bothered, and thought, hey, maybe i could get away with it by just attempting to sound philosophical...haha
yeah my work was about the physicality of the Crucifixion through the use of drawings and colour transparenices, and the spirituality of the Resurrection using polaroids...:cool:

1 more

fructis
HSC
Stressed, you answered all of the questions? Im curious to know what you said about your teachers? :) Im more on zzaga's side, cryptic brevity. zzaga- your artwork does sounds very interesting, particularly your medium. Lets see photos then hey?

Whats funny about this thread is that its a nice hangout for all those feeling pretty pleased with themselves for being pre-selected, had i not been i would be feeling somewhat bitter, and would be conscientiously avoiding it.

You all finished the HSC now? What is everyone doing for the holidays? And what are your plans for next year?

stressed02

yeah, i *stupidly* answered all the questions - now i bet it sounded totally ridiculous! and my teacher emailed me TODAY and told me what to write... hmmm that was SO 4 days ago! anyway, yeah i wrote something gay about my teacher, even though i hate her, she hates me and i completely made it up!! grrr how embarrassing...!

hehe yeah i'm going on schoolies to surfers next week, and next year i want to do design... how bout you?

stressed02

Natstar...

I think 800 have been preselected out of approximately 9000? someone correct me if i'm wrong...

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hep i think those numbers are about right:

originally posted by me somewhere in this thread
it seems 150 was closer to the mark, going by the last 3 years, but i can't be sure:

2001: 152 got in
2000: 178 got in
2002: 288 (!!!) got in
and their letter thingy they sent for this year they put it around 200 ppl in the final thingy.

ok, fingers crossed... december ahoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)