ArtExpress (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm bloody jealous....:mad:

Well done everyone!... :)

Hope ya get in.... I'll be sure to check them out at ArtExpress if they do end up there....

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by stressed02
Yep, usually - except our school usually gets 5 - which makes every other school complain about ours and we get told that we cheat the system, and that we get professionals to do our work or some crap!... hehe :p Hey Roo did u get my major work?
Jesus Bobsledding Christ.
what school do you go to?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
only one person got in from my school, outta 8 (ruse). so chances are she'll get in, hopefully!

congrats to everyone who go in, it'll be so cool to go see all your artworks next year!

our artworks have already been returned to school ... it feels weird. it's all over now.

i find it really freakin annoying that we don't know how we went in our major works, cos like we dunno what mark we got... i reckon that they should let us know, or at least give a vague indication or which band they're in or some shit, cos like we've been working on it for a fair amount of time (or at least some of us!), so it'd be nice to know what they thought of it...

roo

HSC
i agree with ya johnson! at least SOMETHING eh.. :D

they should send it back to us at home...! well they did that for textiles anyway :)

stressed02

Yeah that's so true.... all this work and we never even find out what mark we get, its the same with my other major work for DT... i guess the only way we'll kind of be able to tell is when we get our marks back the day before our UAI's... like we'll kind of know if we did well or not judging by the mark (although it's half theory..) but its still annoying, i dont see why they can't just tell us...

Goldabar

They can't tell us the marks because:
1. This is the Board of Studies we're dealing with here.
2. It would be the smart thing to do.
3. It would be the logical thing to do.
4. This is the Board of Studies we're dealing with here (did I already mention this?).

God I can't wait to get out of this education system and never, ever take a step near it ever again...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
HAHAHA!!!
lol goldabar

so so so so very true.

and yeh stressed, you're right, we can't really tell our prac mark cos it's also have theory, and we also have absolutely nfi how we go in the exam either.

rather screwed i must say.

roo

HSC
so anyone get a letter from the board?? i think my friend did but im waiting for her call!! grr..! exciiitng.. :D:D

Goldabar

Does this mean they call you at home if you got into Art Express?

Oh Johnson, I forgot to also say its the decent thing for the BOS to do ;)

finally over!

pre selection

hi everyone. I just want to do a bit of praising of my school. we have 13 in our art class and 12/13 got preselected. just to correct someone that the preselection means that you get above 45/50...... band 6! im really thrilled coz i thought the exam paper was shocking and then was told the great news...
good luck to everyone else!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ooh that's good!
reckon i could've knocked over 80% in the paper, and so 90% + in the prac would help pull it up :)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Re: pre selection

Originally posted by finally over!
hi everyone. I just want to do a bit of praising of my school. we have 13 in our art class and 12/13 got preselected. just to correct someone that the preselection means that you get above 45/50...... band 6! im really thrilled coz i thought the exam paper was shocking and then was told the great news...
good luck to everyone else!
woah!!! 12 outta 13!!

which school dyu come from man??

well...the person who didn't get in, like what an unlucky bastard..

roo

HSC
we never got told who got preselected!! ARGH! our teacher only told us the 5 ppl in our grade who god selected.. *sigh* i knew it wasnt goin to be me but stiiilll.. tell us who got PREselected.. bleh

*sigh* sorry, pms kicking in. ignore me :)

stressed02

Hey Roo...
those who got preselected received a letter in the mail last week... but remember, so far the corporate (external) major works have been marked, that's why i have mine... but only some of the school's internal ones have been... so i dont know when those letters will arrive.

i better go reduce my statement to 50 words!! such a joke !

good luck guys

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
grrr i know...

50 words... their question list is loger than that!!!

are you answering all of them?

i've sorta done the first 3--4

stressed02

well i dont know... like i guess i'll have to but if you look in the Art express catalogue no one has answered those questions! its so silly... my statement at the moment from school is 250 words and even that was hard to get it down to that many words...

but hmmm it has to be done i guess.. good luck

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
cheers :)

i never did an original statement, so mine (poring over it today) has fluctuated from 50 to 150 words

some of the catalog ones are way over 50... hmmm...

stressed02

I rang up the marking centre lol... and asked if it matters if i go way over 50 words, and he sarcastically responded, well if you dont cut it down, we will... so i take it that it doesn't really matter... although his sarcasm WAS confusing... hehe mines like over 150 at the moment and this is so the smallest i can get it...
how's yours going?

stressed02

I'm not sure that all the school's internal (ie. marked at the school) works have been marked yet, i know my school's hasn't...
You will know u are preselected if you receive a letter...

1 more

fructis
HSC
preselection

Well done to everyone who was preselected, but for those who are disappointed- dont fret, our teachers have told us all sorts of stories of students who were only 0.5% below the cut off mark.
I am from the same school as the person who already mentioned we got 12/13 preselected.
More gloating- last year our school got 13/15 preselected, with 5 making it into art express.
I cut my statement down to 41 words, which is quite a feat because I am rather verbose. I disregarded almost all of the questions though, talking about my teachers in my statement of intent? I dont think so
stressed02 do you go to a school on the north shore? If it is the school I am thinking of, we heard 20/27 were pre selected.
I want to see a picture of that persons artwork who was emailing it around?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)