• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Artexpress (1 Viewer)

angelxfunk

HSC
my teacher called today to inform me that i had been pre-selected :) which is pretty exciting! there are 800 people that have been selected this year. but does anyone know how many people in the state do art so that we can see just how well we did?

piratedebbie

HSC
i think so too.... don't worry so much about other ppl and who u beat. i got pre selected and i am happy enough haha i don't thjink i will get in though ;)

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
you've always had to get over 45 to get preselected..
alot of works that get over 45 are considered elgible for preselection tho due to size, medium, conceptual basis...etc. so knowing the ratio of works that got in to the total amount of works is a comletely in accurate sumation of how well you did

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
it's 43...
I'm just going to go by what i read about it at cofa's website, i'd say they have the best idea of how it is...if it's changed this year i dunno but really who cares?
Most of us won't get into it at the end.

piratedebbie

HSC
hmm my teacher told me it was 43 but then again he is old and .... probably hasnt got a clue! how many get in in the end out of the 800 pre selected?????

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
like 250... 80 of them are on the regional tour tho and those are all like regional people's works...

and it isn't 800 confirmed.. that's just what it usually is, it could be like 1000 or only 500 this year

piratedebbie

HSC
haha wat an effort deciding! meh, looks liek i won't be getting in... is anyone confident that they WILL get in?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
uhhh... wt?
I worked in digital media, because that's all i'm good at.
Yea... but even if you didn't get into art express don't feel bad, 43/50 is 86%... it ISN'T easy to get 86% on something as subjective as art....

cuivienen

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea... but even if you didn't get into art express don't feel bad, 43/50 is 86%... it ISN'T easy to get 86% on something as subjective as art....
I second that...

piratedebbie

HSC
yeh 86%is great, in any subject...... do u ever find out exactly wat mark we got?

Speling Qween

Woohoo! Preselection for me!

*does the tribal dance of the smug pretentious art student*

(Boy did the markers take their sweet time getting around to our school though...)

Question: does getting pre-selected mean that we've recieved a Band 6? I know everyone is saying that it's 43+ but I'm not sure of the band cut-offs.

piratedebbie

HSC
yeh pretty much i think... apparently this year the cut off is 45, but lets not get into that debate again :confused:
wat were your major works about?

shortie_689

HSC
My teacher is a marker and this year the mark for preselection got put up to 45 out of 50 it has previously been 43 but they made it tougher to get in this year...

It's weird only some types of drawings get in like I have never seen landscape drawings in there mainly portraiture... I did photography and drawing I had 4 huge photos of landscapes, 4 drawings of landscapes and 6 smaller drawings of clouds... Trying to work with how the our perceptions of reality can be distorted by the environment... :confused: BIT OUT THERE not really that easy to see but hey what can you do...Will be interesting to see what they go for this year I will be interested to see what gets in...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)