arts units in arts/law? (1 Viewer)

impulse_17

HSC
hey i was wondering about arts/law @unsw;
on the website for the degree structure it says in 1st yr u hav to choose 12 UOC each from arts school a, b and c... what if you wanted to do more than that from school a or something? and also how many arts majors can you do in arts/law?

also, if u didn't make the uai and wanted to transfer after 1 yr of uni... is this very competitive? and what would be the best way to do this? e.g. arts @unsw, arts/law @ another uni, law@another uni??

sorry so many qns... hope someone can answer some!

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
I dont think you can do more than the prescribed number of credits in first year, i tried to overload last year as well, but they told me first year's can't...you'll have to prove to them you can handle it first...unless you have exceptional results from high school (which means you wouldn't have to transfer anyway)

If you don't attain the required UAI, just doing Arts at UNSW would probably be better than transferring from law from another uni...at least then all the credits you did in arts still count for sure...i'm unsure about whether law is counted though...you'll have to ask a transfer student...but if you want to transfer, do it first year...coz it juts becomes harder...and harder to maintain your GPA after that(i think)

Ah well, i can't answer much, you should just wait till asqy(or laz) comes and answers since he does arts as well (since laz seems to know everything -_-)...

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Degree structure
If you start at UNSW arts/law from the beginning, just follow the guidelines. First year take the 3 subjects a semester from different arts schools. Then next year do whatever arts you like.

If you transfer to arts/law they may be lenient about what constitutes as credit for your arts subjects - ie. you may be allowed to fudge off some subjects under arts. Apart from the fact you can do psychology under an arts degree, it would have been extremely difficult not to count my psych subjects when I transfered, so they let me count them towards my arts/law degree. One thing I will note is that they will not count law subjects done under a commerce faculty (typically business law stuff like contracts, corporations and property) towards the law portion of your degree. Fair enough I suppose..

On transfer
You have one chance to transfer to UNSW or USYD - after your first year of uni. You can ONLY transfer after 1 year, no more, no less! Very important.

is a roflcopter
HSC
omg is there 3 law subjects for 2nd year semester1 >!!!!>!!!>!>!!1.3242232$@%#$!!@#@!$

impulse_17

HSC
does that mean that you can't do say, 2 languages or a language and politics etc?

and what sort of uai would you need to transfer into law after 1 yr of something else if you didnt make it straight in? 95+? 99+?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)