As a young person do you feel disenfranchised by the two major parties? (1 Viewer)

Do you feel disenfranchised by the ALP and Coalition?

• Yes, their social policies are backward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, their economic policies focus too much on families

• No (please explain why)

• Total voters

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
which is why i initially said 'type properly'. i also never referred to you as dumb. personally, i place environmental and social issues before economic ones, i'm not ill informed or ignorant. it's my choice.

bio_nut

HSC
No, both of you, that's not what I mean at all

*rolls eyes*

I'm not that naive.

I would just prefer work on these alternatives starts well in advance of a dramatically higher cost for these resources, as I don't trust entirely viable ones can be developed so quickly.

It's going to take a lot of TIME to develop is all.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
No, both of you, that's not what I mean at all

*rolls eyes*

I'm not that naive.

I would just prefer work on these alternatives starts well in advance of a dramatically higher cost for these resources, as I don't trust entirely viable ones can be developed so quickly.

It's going to take a lot of TIME to develop is all.
I agree. And its going to take a long time for oil to run out, and even longer (at least hundreds of years) for coal and uranium to run out.

So really, there is nothing to worry about.

bio_nut

HSC
Yes, but unfortunately I am still worried about the major environmental impacts the continuing usage of these resources might have.

But that's another argument. :)

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
which is why i initially said 'type properly'. i also never referred to you as dumb. personally, i place environmental and social issues before economic ones, i'm not ill informed or ignorant. it's my choice.
ur just being silly. especially since you said economic and environmental issues frequently overlap.

Some environmental issues are more important than some economic issues depending on what they are and how they are defined. To come out with this as a blanket statement is just gay.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
personally, i place environmental and social issues before economic ones, i'm not ill informed or ignorant. it's my choice.
Read Capitalism and freedom by Milton Friedman.

he demonstrates how economic freedom leads to social freedom.

The idea that people view economic and social issues differently is sad. The real dichotomy is state or anti-state. As long as there is a state there won't be freedom, social or otherwise.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

You don't think they already are, my price arguments aside?

I mean on top gear the other day I saw a fully functioning hydrogen car that filled up at an LA servo.

As for large scale power, we just need to get people to stop being so ignorant about nuclear power and boom, thorium reactors, problem solved.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC

The idea that people view economic and social issues differently is sad. The real dichotomy is state or anti-state. As long as there is a state there won't be freedom, social or otherwise.
Good work Sylvester, have you gone ancap yet, or still a criminal minarchist?

bio_nut

HSC
You don't think they already are, my price arguments aside?

I mean on top gear the other day I saw a fully functioning hydrogen car that filled up at an LA servo.

As for large scale power, we just need to get people to stop being so ignorant about nuclear power and boom, thorium reactors, problem solved.
Well, you can't just conveniently place pricing issues to the side, can you?

In terms of mass production, not so viable right now, sadly. As financial incentive to further develop these technologies grows, hopefully it will become more accessible technology.

Back to my much hoped for sooner rather than later.

Sigh.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Good work Sylvester, have you gone ancap yet, or still a criminal minarchist?
m8 im about as anti-statist as you can get

admittedly I got stuck at the minarchist part for a disgustingly long time, but this was a bad time in my life...dabbling in objectivism, ignorant about concepts like polycentric law etc...

but yes, im good now

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

yeah, i'm aware of anarcho-capitalism and i'm all for freedom but from what i can gather free markets also lead to pretty severe inequality.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
m8 im about as anti-statist as you can get

admittedly I got stuck at the minarchist part for a disgustingly long time, but this was a bad time in my life...dabbling in objectivism, ignorant about concepts like polycentric law etc...

but yes, im good now
welcome to the club

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
yeah, i'm aware of anarcho-capitalism and i'm all for freedom but from what i can gather free markets also lead to pretty severe inequality.
No what leads to inequality is a system of corporatism (i.e. Australia, USA) where average workers pay about half their income in tax while the richest and most powerful people pay little to no tax, and receive massive subsidies and corporate welfare.

Meanwhile, the poorest people are kept poor due to welfare dependence and wage and labor laws that prevent them from getting a foot in the job market.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
omfg wtf is with this wave of hippies who have no idea with how a country works. you fucking hippies are all the same. want to save every species, want to not cut down any tress, mine any resource and yet somehow someway want to maintain the standard of living you now have and improve on it. if the greens got in and did exactly everything they said they will do. your standard of living would be as bad as those in China if not worse because at least china is smart enough to know they have to keep poullting the place if they want there shit of an economy to fucking function.
You're such a bitter little man. Why do you seek to misrepresent your political opponents instead of facing them respectfully on their political differences?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
you strike me as someone who views the economy as a pie that everyone gets a certain share of i.e. you view wealth as a static quanitity

on a free market

-The size of the pie would not be limited, but keep continuing to grow, so to speak

- The rich would not be able to use government regulations to subvert competition, hence it would be harder for them to be so rich

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The claim that the free market will solve environmental problems is the ultimate Libertarian extremist irony.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
You're such a bitter little man. Why do you seek to misrepresent your political opponents instead of facing them respectfully on their political differences?
why does stupidity deserve respect.

they want to ruin Australia

i don't want Australia to be a shit hole

any questions?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
you strike me as someone who views teh economy as a pie that evryone getes a certain share of i.e. you view wealth as a static quanitity

on a free market

-The size of the pie would not be limited, but keep continuing to grow, so to speak

- The rich would not be able to use government regulations to subvert competition, hence it would be harder for them to be so rich
shut-up, your knowledge of my political beliefs is based entirely on a couple of posts in this thread. i don't agree with you and more importantly: i don't give a fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)